Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Swearing ingame

****ing *****ass censorship bullshit!

Fulmanar Wrote:You clearly do not know the meaning of stereotype.

I am judging you and your friends by the actions you perform and the words you say: a choice quote(s).

"Silverwolf: (Public) whats anything about pvp have to do with Habibi being a drama queen"
"ScareCrow: (Public) Paulie, is Habibni your BF?"

You and your friends act like idiotic man children.

I do not need to judge you by your "cover" it's not even the right analogy, you act out and say the most idiotic foolishness and complain to get your way.

If you honestly take UO that seriously you need to lighten up bro, we play for the thrills and laughs we joke around and troll jeez this isn't a job it's a game and games are played by children wouldn't you say?

I'm not going to apologize for having fun when didn't even break any rules.

sm0ke Wrote:If you honestly take UO that seriously you need to lighten up bro, [SIZE="3"]we[/SIZE] play for the thrills and laughs we joke around and troll jeez this isn't a job it's a game and games are played by children wouldn't you say?

Did you tell your pal the same thing when he became all butthurt?

http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8...t-s-Finest

I added this for 2 main reasons.

1. I think swearing excessively is immature and I feel kinda bad for those you can't express themselves in other ways.
2. I don't think new players will stick around when someone says "**** you newbie" to them when they have just started playing (yes I've seen it happen on several occasions).

Help, help, I'm being repressed!

[COLOR="white"]While I understand that some people view excessive profanity uncouth and childish at times (me included, when it is excessive), I respectfully propose that a toggle be added to the current system. If you were concerned about new players being turned off by profanity, the simple solution would be to have the profanity filter toggled "on" by default, but changeable by those who would rather do away with the filter.

Personally, I try to avoid using profanities, particularly excessively, but I myself am able to deal with profanity when subjected to it. If you were to add a player command to toggle the filter on and off, it would be a good compromise, and people could cater to their own tastes. In that scenario, everyone walks away from this discussion a winner, and nobody has cause to complain about the newly implemented system.

*shrugs.*

It just seems like the blatantly obvious solution to make each and every player taking part in this discussion happy. And the secret to happiness is freedom and choice, without encroaching on the rights of others.
[/COLOR]

You just have to get more inventive with your expletives Wink

Carding/Garrik/Whatever

At least try it out for a while. It's not set in stone and can be changed back if a majority of the players dislike it.

[COLOR="white"]Speaking for myself, I'm really rather indifferent. I could just as easily have it remain the way it is, or the way it was. The reason for my post was just to throw an idea out there that I believe would satisfy -every- player on the server. It wasn't my intention to make any demands, but rather, to mediate.

Make it a universal success, y'know? Big Grin
[/COLOR]

sm0ke Wrote:If you honestly take UO that seriously you need to lighten up bro, we play for the thrills and laughs we joke around and troll jeez this isn't a job it's a game and games are played by children wouldn't you say?

It's not an issue of taking the game seriously. I really don't, my issue is that you're an apologist and you keep maintaining this absurd persecution complex and then when evidence is brought against you which contradicts your statements you use this strawman's defense, I am not your bro, your jokes are tiring and they sound like they're coming from a 10 year old and it's just completely bothersome.

And no, games are not played solely by children, that's easily the dumbest quid pro quo i've heard, you accused me of being stereotypical to which I presented that I was not, you cannot simply just accuse people of things, back up your claim.

Just be more creative and express yourself in different ways. Or just use the first letter. That's what I do around my kids.

Fulmanar Wrote:It's not an issue of taking the game seriously. I really don't, my issue is that you're an apologist and you keep maintaining this absurd persecution complex and then when evidence is brought against you which contradicts your statements you use this strawman's defense, I am not your bro, your jokes are tiring and they sound like they're coming from a 10 year old and it's just completely bothersome.

And no, games are not played solely by children, that's easily the dumbest quid pro quo i've heard, you accused me of being stereotypical to which I presented that I was not, you cannot simply just accuse people of things, back up your claim.

You know you're arguing an impossible argument right? You're trying to tell us were tiring that's your opinion you can think what you want of us, from what one individual did or you can blame it on all of us like your doing. I'm honestly tired of you posting and being a baby but you don't see me following you around in every thread saying you're group of people are "tiring" to us new people. For real just cut the shit i'm getting tired of it. It's a god damn game you know why we type silly things that aren't harmful in game? because we honestly laugh out loud laughing at how upset you the players get or how uncomfortable it makes you then you go on and make these ridiculous serious mode posts. In the end it's just written in stone your being a big baby.

I'm done arguing with you from this point on, it's quite pointless and your arguments are not valid. If there was a .mute command I would most definetly use it on you for the forums and game because you sir are VERY TIRING.