Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skillgain

beret Wrote:I am sure that mi conexion was very worse that your conexion, and I never have 30 seg of lag...

Like gang said I live in Brazil.

Everybody that live in America ( Canadians, USA, me and Central america) have like 150+ ping with a good conection.

Most of Europeans have less than 100.

The lag caused when we had 50+ players was server lag due to hardware, not internet lag. I remember the very first day the shard opened we had 200 players on, I remember because the staff was broadcasting it every time we hit a new peak, and the shard would just randomly hang for seconds at a time. Within the first month I think all of the Australian players had already left between their horrible ping and the server lag, they couldn't even play. As the player count dwindled down the lag was less noticeable but once we hit over 50-60 players you can be sure that it would lag again if we are still on this hardware.

I only can trust in your words...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote:in the begining of the merger, the server have 50 or 60 player on, the peoples played all the days.... but why when the new server have 1 or 2 month inline the peoples came to log out of the shard? why they went to other server?? for lag??? i think that no! they go to other server because they love pvp and easy skillgain and when they saw that other player was macring 1 or 2 week for climb bs, or other hard skill and they in 1 month was rich... they was bored... the problem not is only the hosting... OPEN EYES! this server have more problem... but nothing want see it, I dont understand why... but well, time to time..

lmao i think me tech n scare been saying this forever lmao, sandra no point in arguing no1 listens here it's no point in trying to explain to them.

this shard only has ppl online when events occur now.

Luda If you dont write correctly I cant understand you because my english is very bad... :S sorry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i am saying that i agree with you as me tech and scare have said exactly what you have before and that people just don't listen here.

amm Wink, If someone think different, he dont want see the reality...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gang-Bang Wrote:Actually when we merged server had around 200+ players. I don't know the highest peak, because I started to play like 3-5 months after that, a week before transfers were closed. When I joined there was 150ppl online average. Yeah we were loosing players daily, and these days there was a bunch of problems .. Inactive staff, alot of things that were promised but weren't implemented, transfers were closed earlier than it was planned and so on, people were leaving, and many of players that couldn't transfer their characters anymore didn't want to start from scratch...But even when Taran decided to shut server down we had 100ppl online average. We never reached 100ppl online after second opening tho, but noone ever sent emails cos of the hardware. So yeah, I doubt we will reach 200ppl ever again, but I don't understand anything if we won't get 60-70people online once we'll send emails. I dunno will we keep them on server on not, but IMO we will see them online for sometime, thats for sure.

P.S.
And ryuuku is correct, we had incredible spikes, I sometimes had to relog after that, server didn't recieve packets from me. I mean, after the spike I seen everyone besides me moving, but I myself couldn't.
P.S.S
And Sandra I doubt your connection was worse than his, he lives in Brazil ;o

I keep seeing people say there were 200+ players on when INX opened/merged. Sorry if it looks negative to say it, but in reality there wasn’t even 100 people on at one time when INX first opened or even a year after that... We really had 50-60 people when we opened and nobody left at that time due to inactive staff, I know because the staff were all on a lot when INX first went up, especially me, ginz and odium. We were always checking that stuffed worked, hosting, designing new areas like the different pits, 1v1 areas, ctf, etc…

FYI: Transfers were available for more then a year once INX opened and at that point the emails had been sent.

Were you not on the first day the shard opened? We hit 200 players that day. In a weeks time though it dropped to lower 100s fast, after that it was around 60-100 at any given time. When the shard reopened it never hit 100 I don't think.

Well I had screenshot from status page with 150ppl online when I just joined, I still have one screen from 2 january 2008 where we had 97players online... And staff was already pretty inactive those days, server lagged and people were leaving...
And btw, you don't need to be a staffmember to check status, so idc who were you those daysSmile

edit: About transfers, I'm not sure when I joined then, but I joined a week before transfers were closed, cos I remember I didn't even play a week, I transfered 5 of my characters , took 75k from each of em but then like week after that I wanted to transfer Ruyman's character on another account, to take money from him also. I typed account/password and when I pressed transfer server crashed, I remember when server was back up again Taran said that he disabled transfers and it will be enabled for one more week later, but it never was anymore.

And I remeber once we had 300-305 players Smile

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

Mito Wrote:And I remeber once we had 300-305 players Smile

So when you send out the E-Mails for everyone to come back i think that Taran should let everyone do account transfers for at least a week for everyone who was not able to do it at the time

"Either we will find a way .... or we will make one"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]