Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Banking Without A Bank?!

Shade Wrote:Except for the fact that they are hiking up the price and making people second guess buying off them. I notice on vendors people compete alot with each other, dropping prices often and I think doing this would really hurt the economy. It would be much better all around for the shard to have the vendors unguarded.

Everyone has to raise their prices. So people will keep buying them anyway.

And I wouldn't have objections with removing vendor mall and get people moving a bit in the world.

umm... theres a simple solution that i posted how to fix it if any of you read theres no reason why we have to remove the vendor mall in general becasue it supplys players with pvp resources and hunting resource, not to mention other things that players can shop for. just read my suggestion near the top of the page and that would work out fine

Quote:Another option, which has my vote, is that we take a select part of a town (or town we aren't using) and make it unguarded. For instance, we could unguard the eastern half of Britain and allow maybe a third of the building there to have vendors. This would spread them out a bit but not too much as to where players wouldn't bother checking them. Meanwhile the eastern half of brit is practically its own little town, it has a bank and shops so it could easily inspire regular activity/pvp.

I find this option/solution to be the best to fix this problem.

smoke Wrote:lol theres nothing really that can be done about this because the vendor mall is a free area, unless its made a portal like a pits rune that counts down in towns (ocllo and brit) which we use to have like that but it was moved to pits to make it easier to load up the vendor. but if people are abusing it then it's going to have to be in towns again..

Agreed. Let's have it like it was back on XUO; a delayed portal to the vendor mall in brit and a delayed portal to the vendor mall in Occlo. This way the people who are red have to suffer the consequences of being red (possibility of being attacked anywhere) and the blues can go there safely (if they wish). It also gives the possibility of having guild wars on the way there if players from guilds at war are in brit.

Sindern Wrote:Yeah, that's mine. I don't use it and it's there for the reason you thought it's there for. I didn't even think to use it as a bank. 0_o

*Curses you* lol

Yankovic Wrote:What about letting the vendor get 5% of the price you want to sell the item for. That will cost you 50k when you want to sell something for a million. but only 1000 gold when you want to sell something for 20000.

I think that would people only use a vendor if they really want to sell the stuff.

This won't stop someone from setting a ridiculous price on an item in their vendor to use it as a bank though. Someone won't suddenly buy that 99999999gp sup vanq bard because the vendor gets 5%.

The drawback to this suggestion is that it drives up the price on everything for the purchaser. Here's why; someone selling a set of xtreme armor for 100k won't leave it at 100k, they'll boost the price so that after the vendor gets his 5% cut the player still gets 100k for it. The same applies for all other items, the player selling the item won't take this 5% cut from their profits, they'll just increase the price.

Shade Wrote:Another option, which has my vote, is that we take a select part of a town (or town we aren't using) and make it unguarded. For instance, we could unguard the eastern half of Britain and allow maybe a third of the building there to have vendors. This would spread them out a bit but not too much as to where players wouldn't bother checking them. Meanwhile the eastern half of brit is practically its own little town, it has a bank and shops so it could easily inspire regular activity/pvp.

The problem I see with this is someone who is bad at pvp (like me) will be discouraged from carrying all his valuables through an unguarded area to a vendor mall where someone can camp and can easily kill me and take all my items. Some people just wouldn't use the vendor mall because of this kind of issue.

And the other bas side of it is that someone who goes there buys an item and gets killed on their way out. Not very fun for a new player where losing 20k means the world to him.

Shade Wrote:I am totally against any suggestions that will penalize those honest traders who actually stimulate this economy just because one or two kids wanted to abuse the newbiness of a safe vendor. Safe zones are for newbs anyway.

Agreed.

LudaKrishna Wrote:I find this option/solution to be the best to fix this problem.

As I wrote above in response to Shade, of course you'd like it because you're good at pvp and would be one of the people camping there waiting to pk some noob player and take the items he's trying to sell. We can't let ulterior motives decide the solution to this problem. The vendor mall is for everyone afterall and we can't spoil it for some just to give an easy gank to a few people.

What I like about mine & smoke's suggestion is that it lets those people who like risk experience it when going to the vendor mall, and those who don't can enjoy using it too.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I say remove the vendormall. I like it so much more when vendors are placed out over the world.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Eighty Swords Wrote:This won't stop someone from setting a ridiculous price on an item in their vendor to use it as a bank though. Someone won't suddenly buy that 99999999gp sup vanq bard because the vendor gets 5%.

I think that he ment that it will cost 5% of the price u set as soon as you add the item to the vendor, not when somebody purchases it.

Regards,
Hate

Eighty Swords Wrote:This won't stop someone from setting a ridiculous price on an item in their vendor to use it as a bank though. Someone won't suddenly buy that 99999999gp sup vanq bard because the vendor gets 5%.

The drawback to this suggestion is that it drives up the price on everything for the purchaser. Here's why; someone selling a set of xtreme armor for 100k won't leave it at 100k, they'll boost the price so that after the vendor gets his 5% cut the player still gets 100k for it. The same applies for all other items, the player selling the item won't take this 5% cut from their profits, they'll just increase the price.

Isnt that what I said? They will increase the price yes. But what is 5000 gold over 100000 gold? If someone is really interested in that xtreme armor then that someone will buy it if its 100000 gold or 105000. But you wont bank stuff for a million because that costs much more (unless you want it sold). You can bank your equipment for a million once (which costs 50k). But not everyday.

Yankovic Wrote:Isnt that what I said?

He thinks that you ment that the 5% cut for the vendor will only be given when somebody actually purchases the item, that's the difference.

Hate Wrote:He thinks that you ment that the 5% cut for the vendor will only be given when somebody actually purchases the item, that's the difference.

This is exactly what I thought Smile Yank I didn't think you meant when placing the item on the vendor. Hate my love you understand me so well!! *kiss*

Whether this 5% is charged when placing an item on the vendor or once it's sold, it affects the honest people using vendors and they will just hike the price to pass that 5% cost on to whoever buys the item.

And it does affect everyone; people who sell lots of armor sets around 20k or even lots of scrolls and potions for only 3-4k. For someone who sells a lot of items after a while it adds up. And since we're talking a % of the price and not a fixed fee it's just as much an impact for an item at 2k vs an item at 100k.

Well just to let you guys know Taran and I have come to a decision about this.
Please read through the following post for more information: http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5510

Yeah make half of Brit unguarded and place vendors there.

yea all the vendors in pker land. vendor mall truthfully did suck, will ther be a rune to the 2nd half of brit for the reds? thers a bank i only found like 2 months ago their.