Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Content request (you post, we make it)

I'll answer those best I can by number...

1) The reason the second red pad was removed was due to the dwindling playerbase. As it picks up it will be put back. For right now it kind of isolates the action so its easier to find.

2) We are adding more armors and I couldn't agree more about the fact that it brings diversity. Nothing is better then being able to have your own look with little chance that it will be copied. More armors are on their way so just give us a bit of time.

3) Being completely honest, I am against anything that takes away from skills. I think adding such a stone would kill taming unless we had 100 spawns in the world that couldnt be obtained through the stone. Maybe a stone that sold bland color horses wouldn't be bad but getting awesome rides from it wouldnt be fair to tamers.

4) I like this idea to some degree. If it was crazy rare though then chances are a group of people would camp it constantly and hoard it. Even with random spawn times its somewhat easy to figure out the timeframe that it might spawn after just a few visits. If this could be done correctly, it might be a nice add though. Of course this would change quite a bit about mining and the whole sphere feeling I think and its best if something like this was agreed upon by the masses.

5) As for RPing, I have been a bit generous to those who have rewards for the time being. The two main reasons for this is, when new players join and see someone even partially RPing they may become interested and also because I feel it is very hard to RP with a low playerbase since it isn't easy to portray a character if nobody is around to interact with most of the time. Trust me though, this will not last long and I will be back at full force if the player base picks up a bit more and I see people making a joke out of the RP rewards they may have taken lightly.

6) No.

7) I try to do holiday events when I get a chance. I have had a halloween/thanksgiving event as well as two christmas quests. The thing is, these things take time to set up and more often then not other issues take my attention away from setting up events like these more often. Not to mention people hate following rules which can discourage a staff member (me) from hosting them more often.

8) We have been discussing a few options with this but have yet to come to a conclusion that would keep it fair to all. This idea isn't completely out of the question but it may take some time before any decisions on it are final.

9) This is another thing that takes a bit of time and I wouldn't mind doing if I had the patience and time. As the player base picks up I know we will have more monster bashes. This is yet another thing that people do not like listening to rules though.

10) As the shard becomes more active the mounts will increase. As it stands right now we have quite a bit of mounts considering the overall player base, at least in my mind. They will slowly increase and maybe even change as time passes though.

1. Aye like shade said, more towns to check spreads out the action over more places and has the opposite effect to what you want, which is more pvp. Personally though, I think it'd be much cooler to have Serps as the main PvP town instead of occlo. Occlo's boring Sad

3. There is already a mount vendor in pits that sells normal mounts. If your needing a quick ride that functionality is already in place. Zos's are HARD for tamers to get, because of the large spawn areas and the long timers as well as difficult dungeon encounters.

4. Yeah I'd like some equip that gives boosts to harvest skills. Would be nice.

6. Staff have always hated the idea of being able to change name easily, the reasons are pretty obvious. But what about if there was like, a section of the website that just lists name changes. I'll give an example. Say a name change deed costs 100k. Someone buys it and uses it to change their name. A section of the website called Namechanges or something lists that say, Jiraiya has changed his name to Englebert Humperdink or whatever. It could also list all previous alias' of each char.

This way, people cannot use it to rip someone off for 500k then just change their name to avoid repercussions, etc. But you arent preventing everyone else on the shard who would like the feature for legit reasons from having it.

7. I've seen lots of holiday events.

8. http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4828
Thats the thread where the coordinate system was discussed at length most recently.

While some of these ideas are kinda cool, things like more decoration or changing the color of the decoration around brit bank won't help in the long run.

What we really need is content and features to be added. Decos are cool to the eye, but they don't do much for you after you're first impressed. When I'm talking about content and features, I'm talking about ideas like posted here, or some of the things scarecrow said a few posts above. And we also need content that isn't always gm dependant like events.

What about adding the harrower? If people collect these skulls they can make it themselves or coordinate with other people to open it. Don't need staff for this, just people willing to work together. Ok so that could be pretty rare but it's still worth a shot.

We need a real sense of competition; who can make the biggest profits by selling ressources or by crafting, who can kill the most monsters or the fastest, who is the best pvper etc.

i personally like the name change idea =] i believe it was 200k on xuo maybe we can raise it higher so it's a unique item and not everyone will just buy it to change their names everyday? I don't really see the problem with that if it's at a high enough and reasonable price

Totally agains name changes.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Kepi Wrote:Totally agains name changes.

but why it doesn't change anything lol

Just agree if there is a section in website with name changes. Because ppl will just change names eventually so ppl wont know who he is.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Kepi Wrote:Just agree if there is a section in website with name changes. Because ppl will just change names eventually so ppl wont know who he is.

What if the price is surpassingly high, and it has to be posted on the website for everyone to see AND 1 namechange can never be un-done or ever used again. How does that sound?! Because i think that everyone should be able to use their real names in UO. Just a suggestion. Im happy with my name.. but others are not and having a character name that represents you is important for an Ultima economy.

Also, i agree with 80 swords' idea on the Harrower special. That was a great thing on the past shards ive played and encouraged people to team up as a group without any staff and make some seriouse bank.

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype]

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

ScareCrow Wrote:i agree with 80 swords

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype]

Of course you do, I control your thoughts and actions. You're like a puppet and I'm the puppet master. Now then... give me 100k...

Can you guys add Mensage Board and Leather Bags (like the regs one)??

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

I also dont think name changes are a bad idea.. Im happy with my name but the idea about having a section on the site showing everyones name changes i think would fail, what if 200 players play again. thats a lot of names in there Smile
(if they name change :eek: )

i don't like the namechange thing. however i agree if it could only be used just once, but it should be very very expencive then

- regards, Fable