Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Content request (you post, we make it)

Shade Wrote:Making skills GM so easily you can be a 10x GM in one day... yeah if that happens I am gone. There are 89234 other shards like that, we aren't followers here and we want our players to stay because they like it, not because we hand them free junk and hold their hands while doing so. I hate this idea:p

You've said this to me before when discussing skills, and to be honest I really dont understand your reasoning. You want your players to stay because they like it, but they've all left because they dont want to dump a month down the drain macroing basic pvp and hunting skills on a shard with almost no playerbase.

Shade Wrote:We (the staff) have discussed possible incentives to joining, such as: better starting packs, better stats/skills from the start, possible ways to give them simple, achievable boosts, and so on. This is far from out of the question. We aren't trying to make this hell and we want players to have fun but the faster everything is GM'd the faster players get bored.

I'm sorry I just think this is a fatal flaw in your logic. Players do not get bored because they run out of basic pvp/hunting skills to macro. Your trapped in a cycle here because everyone has to macro a huge amount of time to get pvp/hunting ready, so all that time they are basically afk. The shard feels dead 24/7, even with 40 clients online you'd only see a few people at brit.

Macroing = AFK = NOT FUN = NOT PLAYING & INTERACTING
Not Macroing = NON-AFK = FUN = PLAYING & INTERACTING

Shade Wrote:As for a totally random colored mount... if I see I sparkly one spawn I would just .kill it. There are some colors a mount should just never be. There is no problem with making a mount a few random colors though, like the one thats on that island.

Yeah I didnt mean hideous colors like the wierd treasure hunt event ones that gang won a while back. Or sparkles. I just meant like, say its a fire color spawn, how bout a random of what type it will be? like 10% chance of zos, 30% chance of llama, 30% chance of orn, 70% chance of stang. Something like that. Or like you've done with the current random stang only with a bit nicer colors?

Shade Wrote:As for staff being accountable for what they do... meh I dunno. This might push some to work harder and it might make some feel like they aren't pulling their weight. In reality do you really need to know who does the updates? The changelogs are typically a contribution of all the staff put together, not just who posts it. Isn't that enough to know really?

If I felt like it was enough I wouldn't have posted that to begin with. There is an obvious problem with inactive staff. And to the players this is a huge issue.

My point in posting this idea was more along the lines of getting the staff involved in informing the players whats going on without having to directly talk to them if they dont have time. The changelogs are generally ok, though they are not every week or anything, usually just once a month. But if theres only one or two staff who contribute some month on changes, then yeah I'd like to know, as a player, what the other staff are doing?

Sure RL happens, but when we the players dont see them in game, dont see them hosting events, dont see anything relating to projects they've done in changelogs, it leads to the sort of inactive staff complaints you see a lot on forums. Maybe every single staff member is contributing a huge amount behind the scenes, we just cant see it.

Shade Wrote:Oh and posting future adds and features before they are done, well I don't think thats a good call either. I have started like 30 projects that I have yet to finish, mainly cuz I suck at scripting compared to our devs, but somethings I got excited about and on finishing or coming close I would realize that it wouldn't work or this would just change too much. Its my opinion that its best how we do it now, with change logs, granted they could have more info sometimes but this is really for the best I think.

I would think though that a staff member would be proud to show what their working on, even if its just in the works and may never come to fruition for whatever reason. At least we know they are doing something to try to improve the shard in some way, and as a player thats all we can really ask for. Maybe posting up all those projects you have unfinished could get some players excited at the prospect of a certain ones and through them asking for it on forums could maybe speed up getting one of the dev's to help you finish it by simply showing enthusiasm for it.

My personal opinion is that staff accountability would be beneficial all around, but what do I know :doubt:

edit: Oh and stealth nerfing PvP ticket prices is a big middle finger to PvPer's who stockpiled tickets. I dunno who decided this was a good idea to do this without any compensation mechanism. This could of been done simply by making a stone to change old tickets to new tickets and dumping the excess gold into the players bank. The old ticks would be unusable on the reward stone or something.

Gang-Bang Wrote:And people choosing other server cause they just dont want to gamble. Just take a look on our status... Our server doesnt seem to have a stably player base. So maybe yeah, other servers may not have that good scripts, but what do u lose there? U join, make character and u can go get the fun(Btw, not for everyone fun = macroing skills, I for example will faster get bored while macroing skill, than when i will play) and when server going down or player base descreases u can just leave, without loosing months on nothing

Exactly. Its a game, its supposed to be fun. The staff heres arguement against this is always that this makes it easier for people to leave, but its a two way street, it also makes it easier for people to join and play. The simple fact that our playerbase decreases while others steadily increase who are doing this is testament to the truth of this statement. I think rabbi actually hit it right on the head for a great starter pack method.

Quote:hold weekly announced events. Guess what guys, if one staff member announces a weekly and cant be there, another one can do it for them. Its called teamwork. There a bunch of you and I refuse to believe you are all incapable of taking an hour a week to do a regular event. If you dont have the time, why are you staff?
Yeah, I agree with it. As main page sais there are seven game masters. I remember when Tiesto announced the black friday regular and just couldn't log in due to irl issues, im sure i saw Shade and someone else in duel pits. But noone replaced Tiesto on this event. Same was with shade's Chicken fight. Staff is a team as i thought. Not just separate characters with privs who cares only about their own projects...

Jiraiya Wrote:You've said this to me before when discussing skills, and to be honest I really dont understand your reasoning. You want your players to stay because they like it, but they've all left because they dont want to dump a month down the drain macroing basic pvp and hunting skills on a shard with almost no playerbase.

I'm sorry I just think this is a fatal flaw in your logic. Players do not get bored because they run out of basic pvp/hunting skills to macro. Your trapped in a cycle here because everyone has to macro a huge amount of time to get pvp/hunting ready, so all that time they are basically afk. The shard feels dead 24/7, even with 40 clients online you'd only see a few people at brit.

Macroing = AFK = NOT FUN = NOT PLAYING & INTERACTING
Not Macroing = NON-AFK = FUN = PLAYING & INTERACTING

Yeah I didnt mean hideous colors like the wierd treasure hunt event ones that gang won a while back. Or sparkles. I just meant like, say its a fire color spawn, how bout a random of what type it will be? like 10% chance of zos, 30% chance of llama, 30% chance of orn, 70% chance of stang. Something like that. Or like you've done with the current random stang only with a bit nicer colors?

If I felt like it was enough I wouldn't have posted that to begin with. There is an obvious problem with inactive staff. And to the players this is a huge issue.

My point in posting this idea was more along the lines of getting the staff involved in informing the players whats going on without having to directly talk to them if they dont have time. The changelogs are generally ok, though they are not every week or anything, usually just once a month. But if theres only one or two staff who contribute some month on changes, then yeah I'd like to know, as a player, what the other staff are doing?

Sure RL happens, but when we the players dont see them in game, dont see them hosting events, dont see anything relating to projects they've done in changelogs, it leads to the sort of inactive staff complaints you see a lot on forums. Maybe every single staff member is contributing a huge amount behind the scenes, we just cant see it.

I would think though that a staff member would be proud to show what their working on, even if its just in the works and may never come to fruition for whatever reason. At least we know they are doing something to try to improve the shard in some way, and as a player thats all we can really ask for. Maybe posting up all those projects you have unfinished could get some players excited at the prospect of a certain ones and through them asking for it on forums could maybe speed up getting one of the dev's to help you finish it by simply showing enthusiasm for it.

My personal opinion is that staff accountability would be beneficial all around, but what do I know :doubt:

edit: Oh and stealth nerfing PvP ticket prices is a big middle finger to PvPer's who stockpiled tickets. I dunno who decided this was a good idea to do this without any compensation mechanism. This could of been done simply by making a stone to change old tickets to new tickets and dumping the excess gold into the players bank. The old ticks would be unusable on the reward stone or something.

Exactly. Its a game, its supposed to be fun. The staff heres arguement against this is always that this makes it easier for people to leave, but its a two way street, it also makes it easier for people to join and play. The simple fact that our playerbase decreases while others steadily increase who are doing this is testament to the truth of this statement. I think rabbi actually hit it right on the head for a great starter pack method.

damn finally someone says it Big Grin but i don't think a lot of it will happen.. from what i can see, could be wrong but from what i see staff seems lazy and dont care about the server..

MadMan Wrote:damn finally someone says it Big Grin but i don't think a lot of it will happen.. from what i can see, could be wrong but from what i see staff seems lazy and dont care about the server..

I dunno, but I dont think thats the case. People are busy these days and even if they care a lot they may not have time to spend working on hobbies like this. I'm not trying to throw blame around at any of the staff or even say they arent doing a good job. I think the server itself is absolutely top notch as far as scripts, world, stability etc go. And thats a testament to good staff.

I am just of the personal opinion, and of course I could be totally wrong, but I think this shard could grow to at least 60-80 average by just making some simple changes, regardless of having the new server hardware. If the playerbase isn't growing with a server that can support 60 or so with not much lag, why would it grow with one that can support 300? New players need to be coming and staying or the new hardware is irrelevant. We can support 60 so why dont we have at least 60? If a shard is fun I dont even care about a bit of lag, this is UO ffs, I got used to uo lag years ago. If its terrible lag thats one thing, but INX with 50 on didnt lag at all for me, I pinged 70. The other day we had 9 on, lags got nothing to do with why people arent staying right now. And more specifically, lags got nothing to do with why the people who do play arent active right now. Other shards with small playerbases can seem very active while INX does not, this needs to be addressed as well.

Just think if you have a server that people are enjoying even with a super low playerbase, and actually staying, and gradually increasing. Then when you get the new hardware, emails go out, tons of people play, you know you have gameplay they will love. Then you could see a massive massive playerbase. Cause this shard is way better then much of the competition already.

:neutral:

I agree 900% on adding a skill boost for new starters or a starting pack however you want to call it. Let's see what taran has for uss and think about it, when he comes back from vacation

i agree with everyone on this one. something definately needs to be done to increase playerbase and keep existing players playing. i know we all care about this shard. and this is coming from an old player on IN1(may it rest in peace) Big Grin ill tell ya one thing i have not played in god knows how long... like 4-5 years something like that. i just recently wanted to play UO again and decited to join the OSI server(blah):doubt: and was web surfing somehow stumbled upon IN:R and got that old spark and said screw paying for a shard that is no fun. so i instantly joined INX because i remember the "constant" fun, pvp, pvm, "events" ,"tourneys", and friend making. that is what brought me back. and if this shard will stay up for good and keep inventing new creative ideas then i will most definately stay. its "what you put into the game, you get out of the game" , alot of ideas just heard in this forumn sound really good but i think that definately the staff need to really get together and make it happen ((if it has not already happened) there again staff needs to keep the players informed on decissions because we are the ultimate decision makers, if we do not like the ideas then we will get annoyed and/or quit playing)) ....anyways im glad to be back in game again and hope that things will work out. this is Tiesto's world we just live in it! Smile EX-IN1(Braveheart[AF])

Just wondering if you guys would consider making it so that, regardless of being order or chaos, you can use an order or chaos shield. So that someone in an order guild could use a chaos shield, or vice versa. Also maybe do something about the AR they give? Cause its completely gimp compared to crafted heater shields. You're paying 250k for the thing, plus the fame, plus constant risk in guarded towns, and its like 12ar or something, these shields should be at least like 35-45AR, a saph/adamant exeptional heater is 65 I believe. The neutral one, you're not risking anything to have it, so I dont really care much about that one :/

Cheers,

J

Jiraiya Wrote:Just wondering if you guys would consider making it so that, regardless of being order or chaos, you can use an order or chaos shield. So that someone in an order guild could use a chaos shield, or vice versa. Also maybe do something about the AR they give? Cause its completely gimp compared to crafted heater shields. You're paying 250k for the thing, plus the fame, plus constant risk in guarded towns, and its like 12ar or something, these shields should be at least like 35-45AR, a saph/adamant exeptional heater is 65 I believe. The neutral one, you're not risking anything to have it, so I dont really care much about that one :/

Cheers,

J

I agree about changing the ar they give but being in an order guild should only be allowed to wear order shields or else there would be no reason to make order / chaos.. should just be called a guild shield you know what I mean?

MadMan Wrote:I agree about changing the ar they give but being in an order guild should only be allowed to wear order shields or else there would be no reason to make order / chaos.. should just be called a guild shield you know what I mean?

I played on another shard a while ago where it was just a different req for getting the shields, like -10k karma 10k fame to get chaos. But regardless of if your guild was order or chaos you could still use the shield. As long as you werent neutral. Even from an rp standpoint it kinda doesnt make sense, say your a paladin or something, order/good, and something happens, your tortured or whatever, you go insane. Now your chaos, but are you gunna throw away that shield you spent 250k on just to buy another for 250k thats exactly the same except for graphic? I guess you could make the arguement that its to show which side your on. But to the only people who care, your whole char is bright orange or bright purple to. Its kinda hard to miss.

Say you have a guild with 5 people, and they are all demons or vamps or dragonkins or goblins, whatever. Now their RP would dictate they should be chaos probably, but say 4 of them much prefer an order shield dyed a certain color. Because to them it works with rp better, looks more sinister, whatever. Why wouldnt they be able to use an order shield? Just a shield with a nifty symbol on it. Or say someone is in a chaos guild, but then has a change of heart and joins an order guild to fight his old allies, why should he have to fork out another 250k for the same shield basically which he might not even like as much as his first one.

This shield problem isn't because order/chaos/neutral shield give too little AR but rather because crafted ones give too much. In sphere exceptional armor pieces didn't give such a huge boost to AR (+25%). I agree that chaos/order/neutral shields should be made more useful but I think AR of heater shields should be lowered instead of boosting chaos/order/neutral shield AR.

Chaos and order shields give 32 AR at the moment and Neutral shield 30. I think that's fine but what is really messed up is that Heater shield makes almost half of the AR of a full plate set. Exceptional Bloodrock set that I just made was 47 AR without a shield and 89 with a shield. 42 AR just for wearing a shield (and not even a top tier one) is too much.

I guess we could fix the AR rates and then make a script that iterates through each crafted shield item in the world and adjusts it's AR accordingly. Let's see what other ideas there will be for a fix. Keep on discussing Smile

Thats exactly it malik. I havnt personally tested it, but put on a 60 AR set of extreme or saph/adam and then the heater, its like 115 AR. Will hits even land on that? You get as much from the shield as you do from the full armor set.

btw I cant believe you fixed that firebreathing los thing so quick, epic man, that bug made me get uorage Sad

Jiraiya Wrote:btw I cant believe you fixed that firebreathing los thing so quick, epic man, that bug made me get uorage Sad

In the end, it was a simple thing to fix after all.