Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Freedom and democracy for all!!!

Rackull Wrote:Then move flaming posts to a flaming section of the Forums.

IN never lost its quality because of the drama, in fact it increased it's quality with argumentation skills Wink

In the eyes of a player it is far worst to look at a highly moderated forum where people cant speak their mind out than to look at some ramblings that can be amusing.

Drama exists within IN it always existed and it will always continue to exist, it is a great part of this community!

Drama did exist on IN indeed. But that's a lot different from what goes on here. I mean the immature replies with broken english and swearing, that wasn't ever present on the IN forums in that magnitude. Yes I'm looking at you Scarecrow. And I don't care if "ull see me in occlo" or "ull kill me out of gurds". It's guys like you who will sooner or later ruin this place, because back on IN, the door would have already hit your ass on the way out with an attitude like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"He's fire and ice and rage
He's like the night, and a storm in the heart of the Sun
He's ancient and forever
Burning in the center of time
He can see the turn of the Universe"

[quote=kitehimuro]because back on IN, the door would have already hit your ass on the way outQUOTE]

Well this isnt IN... and that door was closed over 2+ years ago... so i think its safe to say it wont be hitting anyone on the ass.

I do agree however that the "potty mouth" and way peoples oppinions are portrayed does need adjusting.

If it gets to the point where i have to sit here and approve/deny every post... well... i do get bored at work easily and have WAYYy to much time on my hands atm Wink

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Elcid Wrote:
kitehimuro Wrote:because back on IN, the door would have already hit your ass on the way out

Well this isnt IN... and that door was closed over 2+ years ago... so i think its safe to say it wont be hitting anyone on the ass.

I do agree however that the "potty mouth" and way peoples oppinions are portrayed does need adjusting.

If it gets to the point where i have to sit here and approve/deny every post... well... i do get bored at work easily and have WAYYy to much time on my hands atm Wink

Indeed but I'm hoping this place would try to carry on that legacy, and not go with the spirit of all the "generic l33ts34k warshards" out there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He's ancient and forever

Diabolical Wrote:Agreed, but I didn't start any of it, maybe you should bring down some of the tool bags, NOT trying to better the shard. The people who post here about the PvP are not doing it for their selfish ways unlike the players defending it. We're doing it to help better the shard. It's the people who are too close minded to see change are the problem, need to hear less "It's not going to be changed ever" and more "Well maybe this isn't right, and we should take a look into it".

I want to see nothing more than this shard grow, I vote everyday, I even put vote links in my signature. I want to see the shard grow as a server, I don't want to see it grow for the first 3 months then fall off the map because everyone is sick of the same tools doing the same thing, everyday.

I don't really think it got locked on you man, You and scarecrow actually had a decent debate going on that was actually interesting to read, until Scarecrow start swearing like mad and saying useless crap suddenly..

He was honestly putting up a decent argument until he went all childish in his posts. Thats what people see in the end, both of you debating and then goes nuts and becomes a little kid. In my opinion you won that because of his immaturity.

Next time Scarecrow stick to the facts like you were doing great at the beginning, don't resort to the crap you came up with later.

kitehimuro Wrote:Yes I'm looking at you Scarecrow.

A simple ban then as a restriction to use the forum for a specific period of time should take care of it, it did in the past, it can also work nowadays.

In the case of repeated offenses, a ban out of game for a specific period of time would follow, to increase the need to adjust his (or anyone else) language then.

I sense this thread being about the differences between IN and Xuo more than being about moderation. Moderation is often a necessity. Staff reserves the right to edit, remove or close your writings. One of the things important about forums is not the freedom of speech but the way the forums look to the outside world, new players often come to the forums first before logging in to the shard.
If a forum is full of leetspeak and flaming it looks like the shard is a "freebie" shard, upkeeping a set balance in how the forums appear is the moderators job, even if you dont agree with it, you post on their forums you go by their rules.

I sense the difference in IN and Xuo beeing about the way people pvp.
I havent played on IN but from what i heared id picture it as a friendly shard with balanced roleplay and mediocre pvp.
Xuo is a shard of competition and aggressive pvp.
Combination of these two makes Inx a shard with balanced roleplay, combat oriented as far as i see it.
Ofcourse this creates two camps, a camp that is used to fight for reason a camp that fights for fighting itself. The reason this clashes is thus merely the mindset of the players, maybe xuo players should understand that for some.. they dont play for "omgwins"ing over someone and In players should understand that there is a whole world in pvp.
Words of power is a xuo thing, its a evolution in pvp, like you craft a lockpick for a shut closet, there are always ways to problematise your oponent. This was accepted in xuo and people adapted to it as a part of the pvp, so it became the world of pvp.
That this goes against the more roleplay oriented camp is logical but can be easily adapted to by the creation of something far better!
wor! in other words, words of roleplay. You just insert lots of random roleplay texts in your other rp text keys recording.
Then when a xuo player tells you something like: "ima bbqrox joo"
You can reply by: "dosth not kill me sir" wich is then followed by your combo: "aye you may giveth me a coin for the service" "ergo, visa ve, concordiantly" "Man the tower the orcs are comething!" "Can we get a waitress" "oh john, its beautifull.. im pregnant" "This seems fishy sir" "will i dream?"

Good luck.

Sidelichus Wrote:I sense this thread being about the differences between IN and Xuo more than being about moderation. Moderation is often a necessity. Staff reserves the right to edit, remove or close your writings. One of the things important about forums is not the freedom of speech but the way the forums look to the outside world, new players often come to the forums first before logging in to the shard.
If a forum is full of leetspeak and flaming it looks like the shard is a "freebie" shard, upkeeping a set balance in how the forums appear is the moderators job, even if you dont agree with it, you post on their forums you go by their rules.

I sense the difference in IN and Xuo beeing about the way people pvp.
I havent played on IN but from what i heared id picture it as a friendly shard with balanced roleplay and mediocre pvp.
Xuo is a shard of competition and aggressive pvp.
Combination of these two makes Inx a shard with balanced roleplay, combat oriented as far as i see it.
Ofcourse this creates two camps, a camp that is used to fight for reason a camp that fights for fighting itself. The reason this clashes is thus merely the mindset of the players, maybe xuo players should understand that for some.. they dont play for "omgwins"ing over someone and In players should understand that there is a whole world in pvp.
Words of power is a xuo thing, its a evolution in pvp, like you craft a lockpick for a shut closet, there are always ways to problematise your oponent. This was accepted in xuo and people adapted to it as a part of the pvp, so it became the world of pvp.
That this goes against the more roleplay oriented camp is logical but can be easily adapted to by the creation of something far better!
wor! in other words, words of roleplay. You just insert lots of random roleplay texts in your other rp text keys recording.
You can reply by: "dosth not kill me sir" wich is then followed by your combo: "aye you may giveth me a coin for the service" "ergo, visa ve, concordiantly" "Man the tower the orcs are comething!" "Can we get a waitress" "oh john, its beautifull.. im pregnant" "This seems fishy sir" "will i dream?"

Good luck.

sorry what?

forums full of locked threads look just as bad to would-be noobies. and thats really all the threads about.

and tbh i disagree with you on IN-XUO pvp. but thats not for this thread.

Sidelichus Wrote:That this goes against the more roleplay oriented camp is logical but can be easily adapted to by the creation of something far better!

Good luck.

Oh MY GOD. No. Please. Don't. WOP-ing is already annoying, but that would be way over the top. I'd honestly vomit out of my eye sockets the second I'd see someone doing this. I'm sorry but this is the most horrible idea I've ever heard. The point is the do something with WOP spamming that makes it less annoying, not counter it with something that's even more annoying.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He's ancient and forever

kitehimuro Wrote:Oh MY GOD. No. Please. Don't. WOP-ing is already annoying, but that would be way over the top. I'd honestly vomit out of my eye sockets the second I'd see someone doing this. I'm sorry but this is the most horrible idea I've ever heard. The point is the do something with WOP spamming that makes it less annoying, not counter it with something that's even more annoying.

Haha that was a joke, after a whole post of seriousness i just had to do that Big Grin

Sidelichus Wrote:Haha that was a joke, after a whole post of seriousness i just had to do that Big Grin

Yet again the drama ... :eek:

Leave the posts open and ban the offenders instead. Much more effective.

Man, shut the **** up. You can't even properly discuss a topic about topic closing. Lol