Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Carebear server, PvP server and RP server in one

Christina Thorn Wrote:Damn is everyone that lazy? you really need a pit rune? We should have it where only 2 towns would get a pit rune one for the pks and one for the blues. Man I miss the old days

I do not think you understand the concept of stuck.
If a player would rather not get stuck when it comes to gameplay, it does not make a player lazy it makes a player normal.
If you enjoy mechanics that keep you from enjoying your game whenever you die, and you see this as challenging, then so be it.

In general I think there are better ways to make the game challenging, ways that lead to an experience that is more fun for the player.

if your stuck use the stuck option not really hard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SombraX Wrote:This is not a XUO vs IN, you might take it as if it was one of them, but we are trying to make the server a better one. I know that you like to have a risk while hunting, trust me, i like to have a risk while hunting too but there should be a limit, everytime I die in a dungeon I don't wanna lose 30 minutes you know, I would prefer to get a pits rune and not being able to loot my corpse rather than losing 30 minutes walking to the nearest town and still not have a chance at getting my things back.

We had not everything given, we just don't like to wait, we can stand and even like things being hard, as jakko said, one thing is challenging and another thing is annoyance

Jakko Wrote:That's the thing, with pits runes players would still lose
their stuff when they die. The only thing they would not lose is a chunk of gameplay that is spend waiting on a friend to gate them out. It could be challenging, yet not annoying.

oki, ima say this once more just incase you guys missed it...

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"]THERE IS A STUCK FEATURE YOU CAN USE AND IT TAKES 2 MINUTES MAX TO TELEPORT YOU!!! ITS IN YOUR HELP MENU ON YOUR PAPERDOLL!

IT WORKS I USED IT YESTERDAY![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Jakko Wrote:For example pits runes at dungeon entrances...

Does the lack of these pits runes make hunting more challenging?
Is being stuck for some time untill one of your friends logs on to gate you out very challenging?
No, it is annoying, and it blocks your gameplay

Well if your dieing then it seems to be a challenge.. Talk about putting runes to pits at every dungeon and your saying the server is to carebear?

theres a "stuck" option... you dont need a friend to come get you. Pit runes are stoopid

SombraX Wrote:Ehmm well, res gates are COMPLETELY USELESS, unless you die at 10 tiles from it, when you die in a dungeon you cannot get back your things as it is crowded as hell, the best option is to stay as a ghost untill you get to the nearest town and get to pits.

Or you could use the stuck option... res in town in two minutes, normally it is even less time, and grab a few regs and bandies and recall back to that dungeon.
Bodies take like 10 minutes to decay here in case anyone is thinking otherwise.
Normally though, I could die in the middle of a dungeon and backtrack all the way to a res gate. Then I would just make good use of stealth and get my corpse back.
It isn't impossible, it is difficult. It should not be, shit I died... oh wait I can get resuited in 30 seconds.

And since this is semi on topic...
Loots from pve is way too high now. What some people don't seem to remember is that it needs to be balanced with crafting skills. If I want to make a decent amount of money I should not be forced to hunt to accomplish this. I should be able to craft and make just as much money. I know certain monsters now that drop 1k each and die in about 40 seconds. This is ridiculous.
Just to give you an estimate, I hunt for about 15-30 minutes and bring in 10-20k. This depends of course on how determined I am to make money or if I am multitasking.
Before anyone starts complaining about useless things lets wait for the more important things to be fixed.
Oh and runes to pits at dungeons are most certainly carebear.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

Why don't you complain about the stuck feature then? It is more "carebear" than pit runes.

Allrighty, I don't think you understand what this thread is about...
The stuck function is made for when you are physicially stuck. It can also be used when you are stuck gameplay wise, but since dieing in an instance could happen more than once a day to enthusiast adventurers the stuck option is not really a good structural solution.

Also how does the stuck option work out for PK's? They do not get ressed by normal healers...

But thanks for making everyone aware of it, twice, with an awesome font. I am sure you ment it well.

SombraX Wrote:Why don't you complain about the stuck feature then? It is more "carebear" than pit runes.

Because the stuck feature isnt instant res and tele. Wink

Itll move you to 1 of 2 towns where u then have to go get ressed and then go bank etc etc.

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

umm... the stuck function takes 2 minutes? Thats not to long? and you can do it twice in 24 hrs. If you die more than twice in 24 hrs then you deserve to walk back to town.

Keep IN:R history alive and bring back the Turtle Pond

Elcid Wrote:Because the stuck feature isnt instant res and tele. Wink

Itll move you to 1 of 2 towns where u then have to go get ressed and then go bank etc etc.

Isn't that the same? pit rune brings you to pits, where you can't bank either recall, then you have to go to a city and get things at the bank. And you have to run the way back through the dungeon that wastes more than 2 minutes for sure.

ok by going hunting by yourself you took a risk going hunting by yourself and you die well you should of brought a friend and if you dont have friends start making some

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]