Poll: Should we have an ESTABLISHED PVP in IN? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, we need a consistant PVP system.
0%
0%
No, let's continue being inconsistant.
100.00%
100.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PVP * Self Supplied VS AutoSupplied - Different?!

Overdose Wrote:I've made these event pads long time ago. The ones with deadly poison potions, poison scrolls, heal scrolls etc. I was suggesting to use them at automated tours. Taran, however, didn't agree. He said that we should keep the tours as simple as possible since it's automated and scheduled. I think my pad could've been used for staff-held supplied tours though.

Nothing in the world stops you from practicing both styles. The automated tour is every eight hours and the duel stones are opened all the time.

I think we should re-exercise the idea of using those Pads that you created ... If possible..

I corrected my original post. I agree that I made an error in saying that you can not practice both as everyone can. It is more diffficulty for new players though as they have to worry about 2 different types of PVP as they are VERY different in several ways. I personally don't mind ... I will adapt. Newer players will not though .. it will take them countless hours to determine the difference .. that is where my concern is. I'm thinking about the economy..

While I appreciate the poll, the two options there are silly as neither of them give any means to disagree with your statement. It's like saying: Agree with me or be stupid.

In my opinion self provided tournys suck because it comes down to who has the best stuff. Supplied everyone is on an equal level. Also a lot of people can't afford burning resources in a tourny. Supplied gives even the poorest pvper a fair shot at glory.

I really like to have both. I think if people spend 100 hours of gameplay to get some AR or a special weapon there should be chances to use it. Also I ultimately think skill can trump equipment and when I run these tournies I also give a prize for person who won a round in the worst gear so there is something for everyone.

I do understand your point, in fact I empathize very much because my player char has no armour better than 40 AR, no +25 vanq 2handers and I very much struggle to stay supplied with potions. Nevertheless, I think it's good to have events once in a while where people can use their stuff and where preparation and choice of gear play a part. I'm still also in favour of lots of supplied tournies too though.

the two pvp's are completely different from self supplied and auto supplied trust me. Something needs to be done to change that, new players who join now hate the pvp you think they wanna learn a whole new style in self supplied tours? No they don't, In fact self supplied duels are pretty ridiculous if you poison your weapon and play properly a duel won't last more than 5 mins i can promise you that.

Are self supplied really targeted at new players though?

I'm not sure it's correct to say they are completely different. In many ways the supplied event gear is like a simplified version of the normal PvP - less choice of scrolls, pots and no poison on your weapon, less management of resources and no need to worry about gear differences. My personal feeling is that if you are going to invest a lot of time in mastering one or the other it's the real world, your-own-gear PvP that matters more, the supplied event gear is almost a training version. Like I said, just personal feeling though. Doubtlessly there is a lot of overlap between the skills required in both instances.

Think of it as the difference between jousting in a tournament and actually charging the enemy on a battlefield.

Loki Wrote:I'm not sure it's correct to say they are completely different. In many ways the supplied event gear is like a simplified version of the normal PvP - less choice of scrolls, pots and no poison on your weapon, less management of resources and no need to worry about gear differences. My personal feeling is that if you are going to invest a lot of time in mastering one or the other it's the real world, your-own-gear PvP that matters more, the supplied event gear is almost a training version. Like I said, just personal feeling though. Doubtlessly there is a lot of overlap between the skills required in both instances.

Think of it as the difference between jousting in a tournament and actually charging the enemy on a battlefield.

uhh I'm sorry but the poison changes the way the pvp is completely on it's own and the scrolls are just beneficial it's not a huge change. what it is, is constant hitting and poison so when your out of mana you can't even heal with bandages because your poisoned. That's why is so difficult and different if you watch every duel in the duel stones or self supplied tours you'll notice they don't last longer than 5 mins because every time someone gets a crit while poisoned they dump because the poison does enough damage to kill someone with a big crit..

sm0ke Wrote:uhh I'm sorry but the poison changes the way the pvp is completely on it's own and the scrolls are just beneficial it's not a huge change. what it is, is constant hitting and poison so when your out of mana you can't even heal with bandages because your poisoned. That's why is so difficult and different if you watch every duel in the duel stones or self supplied tours you'll notice they don't last longer than 5 mins because every time someone gets a crit while poisoned they dump because the poison does enough damage to kill someone with a big crit..

Exactly.. It's not going to even help new players because as long as you hit with a poisoned weapon.. the other person just heals... The PVP needs to be looked into and tweaked because right now there are some very major gaps. I really think it needs to be addressed ... asap..

This seems like a separate issue, are you saying that you think poison does too much damage? Or weapons shouldn't be poisoned? Or simply that event gear should come with poisoned weapons so it is the same?