Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make colored dye tubs rarer

Azzo Wrote:The charges to tubs wasn't my point at all in that post, it was just one of the examples of changes people have suggested.

A couple of things with your second point:

1) I think you'll find many who disagree with you regarding tailorings suitability as a craft skill. On IN1 it definitely was a legitimate skill. As the only source of custom dye tubs I know players who made decent income from it.

2) You don't personally see it as one as it stands and in the past. Fine. Why not do something to encourage it to become one? Is there something wrong with that? (Serious question)

Again, I would say you have the source of the rarity issue wrong. The source of the rarity issue isn't that people can choose a single colour with their GM skill reward, it's that you can buy a large number of tubs from the donation and gold stones. This saturates the market with tubs, removing rarity. One (maybe 2, rarely 3) tub(s) per player doesn't saturate, and solves rarity.

Obviously it's too late to change how they work at the moment, that's why I suggest new hues are created for any new system that is implemented.

EDIT: Grammar.

I just don't agree with charges being added to tubs, maybe a price increase or new hues like you've suggested it's fine. But I do think being able to choose any color you want does lower the rarity of some of the best tubs in the game because you can just chooe them rather than click them randomly. That would make the tub even rarer to obtain and the color of clothes as well.

sm0ke Wrote:I just don't agree with charges being added to tubs, maybe a price increase or new hues like you've suggested it's fine. But I do think being able to choose any color you want does lower the rarity of some of the best tubs in the game because you can just chooe them rather than click them randomly. That would make the tub even rarer to obtain and the color of clothes as well.

Just in case it's not clear, I don't think any changes should be made to existing tubs with the current hues, I think any suggestions for change other than price increases should only apply to added hues.

I see where you're coming from now, your concern is that a really popular dye tub is going to be picked by a lot of people and now becomes common. Under the current system you do realise that will happen eventually right? 6 months from now, especially with the increased playerbase I think you'll find all the tubs are owned by at least 2 people. At which point rarity is out the window.

I think we're operating on making different things rare here. I think you're asking for the better colours to be rarer. I am asking for all dye tubs to be equally as rare (or a subset of tubs if a subset is used, e.g., new hues only).

Maybe a combination of the two systems is the ideal solution. Let's say...
  • You have some hues that can only be obtained by gold or nickels (random chance which tub you get).
  • You have some hues that can only be obtained by GM skill reward only (you get to pick, maybe limit to 1 per account?).
  • You have some hues that can be obtained by both (Current hues, could maybe exclude any hues which haven't been picked by gm tailor rewards yet and make them random chance only).

It's important that all 3 sections have 'good' (desirable I guess is a better word) hues available. This way
  • GM tailors have access to tubs that not everyone on the shard will have access to already. If they really want to have a personal tub of the colour available from combined random chance and gm pick tubs they can still pick it.
  • You can still collect dye tubs.
  • There are some dye tubs which you can never just pick, and you can only get them through some small chance via the dye tub stone.

Azzo Wrote:Just in case it's not clear, I don't think any changes should be made to existing tubs with the current hues, I think any suggestions for change other than price increases should only apply to added hues.

I see where you're coming from now, your concern is that a really popular dye tub is going to be picked by a lot of people and now becomes common. Under the current system you do realise that will happen eventually right? 6 months from now, especially with the increased playerbase I think you'll find all the tubs are owned by at least 2 people. At which point rarity is out the window.

I think we're operating on making different things rare here. I think you're asking for the better colours to be rarer. I am asking for all dye tubs to be equally as rare (or a subset of tubs if a subset is used, e.g., new hues only).

Maybe a combination of the two systems is the ideal solution. Let's say...
  • You have some hues that can only be obtained by gold or nickels (random chance which tub you get).
  • You have some hues that can only be obtained by GM skill reward only (you get to pick, maybe limit to 1 per account?).
  • You have some hues that can be obtained by both (Current hues, could maybe exclude any hues which haven't been picked by gm tailor rewards yet and make them random chance only).

It's important that all 3 sections have 'good' (desirable I guess is a better word) hues available. This way
  • GM tailors have access to tubs that not everyone on the shard will have access to already. If they really want to have a personal tub of the colour available from combined random chance and gm pick tubs they can still pick it.
  • You can still collect dye tubs.
  • There are some dye tubs which you can never just pick, and you can only get them through some small chance via the dye tub stone.

Well that's just life man, 6 months down the line or no matter the time stamp. For example it's like buying a house eventually you'll own a house and it will be paid off and eventually people will have all the tubs it's just how it works mate can only add new hues or increase the price :p

sm0ke Wrote:Well that's just life man, 6 months down the line or no matter the time stamp. For example it's like buying a house eventually you'll own a house and it will be paid off and eventually people will have all the tubs it's just how it works mate can only add new hues or increase the price :p

thumbs up. truth. there are a crap load of hues but one day Daemon will have them all.

While of course that's true, I don't think it's unreasonable to try and prolong that day in cases such as this, that's what this thread was about.

Alternative... randomly colored OTHER dye tubs. (leather, furniture, etc)

Instead of making them more rare, just have the possibilities tripled so that it takes more money to collect a set of all of them.)

Eru Wrote:Alternative... randomly colored OTHER dye tubs. (leather, furniture, etc)

Instead of making them more rare, just have the possibilities tripled so that it takes more money to collect a set of all of them.)

I like where your going with this as I disagree with giving tubs charges as.. they are already purchased.. we cant change the "Use" of tubs ...

Maybe we should just add a bunch of new colors. I think this would create more diversity and have players hunting more. Later in the future .. perhaps adding Player Body Dyetubs which covers a player in the tub color. Since these will be very new to the shard .. i would say JACK THE PRICE UP .. like 1 mill per tub that way you can create a new high standard currency. 4 Regular Tubs for Skin Dye Tub. Skin Dye tub for static ect.. Something small and rare .. easy to carry but NOT NEWBIED .. Something extra that only the rich and elite can collect. I don't see a reason for changing rare dye tubs as all the rich players have most of them anyway.. Just create something new and more expensive ...

I absolutely love this thread.