Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

want more players in game?

Hiraku Wrote:i suggest to start by adding the figure of the tamer (pvm)..

here is how it may works:
add some tamable creatures that can fight only in pvm
maybe followed by a quicker increase of the skill till 70 (but not necessary), interesting instead should be to set the rare mounts tamable only with 90-100, where at 70 you could only tame for ex. something you can already use for pvm and train it slowly to raise his skills and get stronger

i think around 30% of players play tamer for pvm in every server, and in somewhere also for pvp (not this case btw, and i like that rule)
anyway this is to highlight we're losing a good amount of player just for this lack..

How did you pick the title of the thread to this content? All I see is a suggestion you would like to see implemented combined with bad arguments and percentages that backed by the shards name (imagination)

I wasnt going to reply but curiousity struck me lol

Today I found myself thinking about this subject. How to successfully bring life to tamers in a PvM sense without it affecting our style of pvp at all.

I was thinking something more along the lines of..

-Special scripted spawns targeted towards tamers, found in common dungeon locations.
-Allow these specific mobs(ONLY these ones) to in fact BOND to their owner (Requirement of GM Animal Lore, Taming, Vet possibly?)
-When a bonded pet dies, decrease their skills to discourage use in pvp.
-If not already in effect then put into effect the pet control slot system, if only specifically when using these pets.
-Utilizing this control system, make these BONDable pets take 5/5 slots. Prevent tamers from being able to use any mount when they actively have their hunting pet out.
-Dramatically decrease both physical and magical damage dealt to players by these tamables. (60% normal damage dealt to players, something similiar to the effect of silver weapons against players)

Then give tamers a few options.
A white wyrm style drake for an emphasis on magic damage.
A regular style drake with an emphasis on physical damage.

I'm all for improving taming for PvM but I wouldn't want it to have any effect on PvP. I commend your efforts of coming up with suggestions that you think could improve the shard but it's hard to take it seriously because of all the pseudo-facts and a bad title to go with them.

edit: I should have probably mentioned that this comment was meant for the original poster, not for you Xyn. Sorry for the confusion.

My suggestions were not based on any pseudo-facts.
I simply was brainstorming how to making PvM taming possibly without it effecting pvp. I sure as hell wouldn't want to pvp without a mount and a pet that did next to no damage while suffering skill loss for every death.

My reply was meant for the original poster. Sorry for the confusion, Xyn.

No worries, I should have guessed it was targeted his way. It seems quite the trend that people come onto the forums to make suggestions backed by these "pseudo facts".

I'm all for suggestions, but people are lacking in substantial argument to back their own ideas.

Hiraku Wrote:i suggest to start by adding the figure of the tamer (pvm)..

here is how it may works:
add some tamable creatures that can fight only in pvm
maybe followed by a quicker increase of the skill till 70 (but not necessary), interesting instead should be to set the rare mounts tamable only with 90-100, where at 70 you could only tame for ex. something you can already use for pvm and train it slowly to raise his skills and get stronger

i think around 30% of players play tamer for pvm in every server, and in somewhere also for pvp (not this case btw, and i like that rule)
anyway this is to highlight we're losing a good amount of player just for this lack..

i dont think this has any affect on player base. Players don't go oh look they have this feature and then join a shard.

Selling Young Nightmares 75k pm me in game.

Edit: Scratch that. THe nightmare entrance has been closed. Nightmares are now rare items. Bidding starts at 250k 0_o

Falstaff Wrote:i dont think this has any affect on player base. Players don't go oh look they have this feature and then join a shard.

right but, they go oh look they don't have this feature and then leave a shard.
Smile

Quote:I commend your efforts of coming up with suggestions that you think could improve the shard but it's hard to take it seriously because of all the pseudo-facts and a bad title to go with them.

can't see how the title is bad..

Quote:Edit: Scratch that. THe nightmare entrance has been closed. Nightmares are now rare items. Bidding starts at 250k 0_o

250k for a pet that easly die and i'll can't tame another one? tss...
only this argument should you all point out whats the problem actually..
anyway from what i saw any suggestion is not welcome here, even the more obvious one as "add tamers" to the game, that i think is an inexplicable lack

go with it, i'll play sometimes here and sometimes elsewhere and i'll have fun anyway
no problem at all Smile