Imagine Nation Forums
want more players in game? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: want more players in game? (/showthread.php?tid=5446)

Pages: 1 2

want more players in game? - Hiraku - 04-08-2012

i suggest to start by adding the figure of the tamer (pvm)..

here is how it may works:
add some tamable creatures that can fight only in pvm
maybe followed by a quicker increase of the skill till 70 (but not necessary), interesting instead should be to set the rare mounts tamable only with 90-100, where at 70 you could only tame for ex. something you can already use for pvm and train it slowly to raise his skills and get stronger

i think around 30% of players play tamer for pvm in every server, and in somewhere also for pvp (not this case btw, and i like that rule)
anyway this is to highlight we're losing a good amount of player just for this lack..

want more players in game? - BenSa - 04-08-2012

why we lose players? i can still hunt with out mount xD

want more players in game? - por corp wis - 04-08-2012

you can pvm with nightmare.

want more players in game? - sm0ke - 04-08-2012

It's easter that's why the playerbase is low atm, it is true tho some players have left by choice either not liking the pvp or not satisfied

want more players in game? - Hiraku - 04-08-2012

@ bensa: you good, anyway is about a different way to hunt not the ease of it, some ppl like to use tamers

@ por corp wis: thats only one pet and its pretty impossible to find.. (if it exist cause in one month i never see one guy with a mare) i'm talking about something more near to a common pvm tamer

edit: ok must be Easter time, anyway if it brings even more players isn't still good to implement?

want more players in game? - tranith - 04-08-2012

+1 vote

want more players in game? - Genocide - 04-08-2012

all my uo buddies from another server left cause of the pvp

want more players in game? - por corp wis - 04-08-2012

Genocide Wrote:all my uo buddies from another server left cause of the pvp
ding dong. ding dong.

want more players in game? - Genocide - 04-08-2012

por corp wis Wrote:ding dong. ding dong.
I love intelligent replies like this

want more players in game? - ambien - 04-09-2012

I only Pvm for the most part and am glad for once there are not a lot of gamers with dragons killing everything. This mechanic would be hard, what happens when a pk comes after you? Does the dragon become untamable on death? Can the pk choose to kill the Dragon?

I am not a programmer but it seems like a mechanic where something only attacks for Pvm would be hard to get right. Too many uncertainties.

want more players in game? - Hiraku - 04-09-2012

instead of rejecting the entire idea for "dragons", you may just tell "ok but dragons shouldn't be in the list of tamable creatures", i think is that what you want right?

and, about the script, everything is possible on UO.
it would be enought to set dungeons to allow tamers to use pets vs players, but only if get attacked (so no "all kill"), and thats it.
and if you have pet at your side you can't cast flame strike or others spells to decide 'til the fight is balanced for ex.
and this would already solve everything.

its not an uncertainties matter, trust me.
and thats why this was my last post for purposes actually.

want more players in game? - Elcid - 04-10-2012

I like the idea of some tameable fighting creatures. Just need to make sure they are stupidly over powered and cant be used in PvP.
Oh and also you can only use one pet at a time!