Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staff Spamming Events

Quote:I never had to spam for an event back on XUO or when I was GM on INX and people always joined.

reason: playerbase

eighty they spam to get players ITS ALWAYS been like that, if you want to play a shard alone maybe you can just put a test shard and play by your self?

you did spam too when your a gm so don't be a hypocrite i can bet you 1000$ in real life that you did

smoke Wrote:eighty they spam to get players ITS ALWAYS been like that, if you want to play a shard alone maybe you can just put a test shard and play by your self?

you did spam too when your a gm so don't be a hypocrite i can bet you 1000$ in real life that you did

No smoke I didn't spam events, here or on XUO. Whenever I hosted an event I used macros I made to count down and announce an event once every minute. I don't remember word for word what it said but it was something like;

CTF starting in 10 minutes (50% chance to win a prize), call your friends!
60 seconds later
CTF starting in 9 minutes (50% chance to win a prize), call your friends!
CTF starting soon (50% chance to win a prize), last call!
60 seconds later
CTF closed!

Now then smoke, want to argue again about what I did? Maybe you want to tell me I didn't play hockey last night?...

Eighty Swords Wrote:No smoke I didn't spam events, here or on XUO. Whenever I hosted an event I used macros I made to count down and announce an event once every minute. I don't remember word for word what it said but it was something like;

CTF starting in 10 minutes (50% chance to win a prize), call your friends!
60 seconds later
CTF starting in 9 minutes (50% chance to win a prize), call your friends!
CTF starting soon (50% chance to win a prize), last call!
60 seconds later
CTF closed!

Now then smoke, want to argue again about what I did? Maybe you want to tell me I didn't play hockey last night?...

you are just retarded in general its writing on your screen, every 60 seconds is still spam i really don't know why you make such useless topics when you know what the answers are going to be already

Wikipedia Wrote:Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

Many online games allow players to contact each other via player-to-player messaging, chat rooms, or public discussion areas. What qualifies as spam varies from game to game, but usually this term applies to all forms of message flooding, violating the terms of service contract for the website.

Once a minute doesn't count as spam, else everyone would be jailed for having a conversation in-game. I think 2-3 times a minute is acceptable for advertising an event since it lasts like 10 minutes at the most (usually much less), and only happens a few times a day.

events and bcasts are meant for spamming if your macroing and doing something else at the same time or hunting and doing something else like watching tv etc you won't even see it every 1-3 mins maybe if you get it randomly you can catch one

Well, if you're macroing, I'm pretty sure you're spamming your own screen with system messages anyway, so what difference does a few more make?