Imagine Nation Forums
Staff Spamming Events - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Staff Spamming Events (/showthread.php?tid=3652)

Pages: 1 2

Staff Spamming Events - Eighty Swords - 06-18-2009

Can some staff please stop spamming when there's an event. It's very annoying to get 5-10 messages in 10 seconds about an event. Even with Razor filtering out repeating messages you still get more then 1 message.

Staff Spamming Events - imported_LudaKrishna - 06-18-2009

personally i like it cuz sometimes im not even looking at my pc and then i'll catch one of those last spams that lets me know there's an event going on....

the spam itself lasts like less than 1 min i think, i see no real harm

Staff Spamming Events - imported_Jackal - 06-18-2009

Your complaining about spam once or twice a day to get people to come to event? I know your talking about me, every staff member has there own style and thats mine. How about this would it make you happier if I didn't host at all? Cause I'm not gonna stop my way of doing it.

Jackal Wrote:Your complaining about spam once or twice a day to get people to come to event? I know your talking about me, every staff member has there own style and thats mine. How about this would it make you happier if I didn't host at all? Cause I'm not gonna stop my way of doing it.

Wow someone didn't have their cheerios this morning! Look, I didn't say don't broadcast at all, I was just saying I don't like getting spammed and maybe others were annoyed by it too... If I want to join an event I'll come the first time I see the message. Seeing it 10 times doesn't make it more likely I'll come. But like Luda said it does help those people who aren't always looking at UO.

You don't have to act like I'm asking you to cut off your arm and give it to me. You could have just answered like Luda did...

See what you don't understand 80 is you think your always right. Have you ever heard anyone complain about maybe 5 lines at a time of broadcast for a event? No I don't think so. Maybe if a group of people complained about it I would stop, But what does a little spam hurt right, makes people notice that there is a event. So if your saying me spamming a event 5 times is annoying, I cant imagine what you think about the pvp then specially being that its all spam.

Staff Spamming Events - imported_Kamos - 06-18-2009

I like it. If I'm having UO kinda in the background where I just see the journal I might miss if it's just a single line. If it's more I'll be less likely to miss it. Stop nitpicking Eighty... I honestly don't think issue like this will cause you a headache. Smile

First of all, it's not just 5 spams once per event, its 5-10 spams every 30-60 seconds.

Secondly Jackal, I don't think I'm always right. I like expressing my opinion (tough sh*t for anyone who doesn't like that) and I'm willing to concede something when someone convinces me otherwise. If you bothered to read my whole post and not every other sentence you would notice I said 'But like Luda said it does help those people who aren't always looking at UO.' so in fact I've already seen some of the other side to this.

Third, you won't find out if more people are annoyed until someone says something about it in the first place.

The way you're talking down to me in this thread and the way you've acted towards me sometimes before gives me the impression you think you're god's greatest gift to the world. Being a GM sure got to your head Mr Almighty...

If you think I'm annoyed you're bloody well right I'm annoyed. No matter what I try I'm always criticized for it. And don't say I take the wrong approach by screaming and flaming about it because I just argue the facts as they're given to me.

Eighty Swords Wrote:First of all, it's not just 5 spams once per event, its 5-10 spams every 30-60 seconds.

Secondly Jackal, I don't think I'm always right. I like expressing my opinion (tough sh*t for anyone who doesn't like that) and I'm willing to concede something when someone convinces me otherwise. If you bothered to read my whole post and not every other sentence you would notice I said 'But like Luda said it does help those people who aren't always looking at UO.' so in fact I've already seen some of the other side to this.

Third, you won't find out if more people are annoyed until someone says something about it in the first place.

The way you're talking down to me in this thread and the way you've acted towards me sometimes before gives me the impression you think you're god's greatest gift to the world. Being a GM sure got to your head Mr Almighty...

If you think I'm annoyed you're bloody well right I'm annoyed. No matter what I try I'm always criticized for it. And don't say I take the wrong approach by screaming and flaming about it because I just argue the facts as they're given to me.

Im not talking down to you in anyway what so ever. I expressed that you all ways think your right as many will agree from what you say in your other post. I don't think im almighty in no way shape or form for being a gm, Im just not afraid to speak my mind there is a big difference. What facts are you arguing? That i spam Event startin in x amount of minutes? How does that effect you in anyway shape or form other then letting you know that there is a event coming up for you as a player? First you say its 5-10 messages in a matter of 10 seconds then you change it to 30-60 seconds, maybe you should get the facts straight. I know how many times i push ctrl Q and its no more then 5 times for every 2-3 minutes i repost to say how much time is left to the event starts. When you make a post referring to staff to stop something that benefits the players, to me your taking a shot at staff therefor I defend it. You should know better, being that your a ex member of staff yourself.

Staff Spamming Events - imported_Shade - 06-18-2009

After reviewing the logs (for the hell of it) I can see that this post is rather pointless, especially if it was directed at Jackal. Here's why...

Jackal hosting a bomberman: he broadcast 3 times that an event will be coming up, 3 minutes later he broadcasts the gate is open in the pits 3 times. 2 minutes later he broadcasts once that it will be starting in 3 minutes. about two minutes later he says that it will be starting in 1 minute, he says this message twice. he makes a last call another minute later, three broadcasts this time.

Jackal hosting a CTF: Jackal announces a ctf is starting in 10 minutes, he says this 3 times. over a minute later he says a ctf is starting soon twice. another minute goes by and he says a ctf is starting in 8 minutes 3 times. two minutes later he says an event is startin in 6 minutes. 2 minutes later he says ctf starting in 4 minutes. 2 minutes later he says ctf is starting in two minutes, he says this message twice. he does a last call 3 times, as he needed one more to balance the teams which was part of the broadcast. anounced it was closed.

An event before that: broadcasts it will start in 10 minutes, makes a total of 9 broadcasts before it starts.

Another event before that: he hosted a ctf, total broadcasts of 5.

Just posted some random facts so people can decide on their own. Ultimately it is up to the staff that is hosting to decide on how they want to broadcast it.

Quote:It's very annoying to get 5-10 messages in 10 seconds about an event.

Not once has anyone in the last 2 weeks spammed 10 messages in 10 seconds... The most has been 3 consecutive posts in a few seconds which was a bc saying "Last call!" That must have flooded your screen...

Quote:And don't say I take the wrong approach by screaming and flaming about it because I just argue the facts as they're given to me.

Its hard to take your posts seriously when you blow things out of proportion. Besides I would take an obnoxious complaint over an arrogant one any day.

Instead of complaining about something so trivial be thankful that they took the time out of their life to entertain others.

Staff Spamming Events - imported_Muto - 06-18-2009

Eighty Swords Wrote:If you think I'm annoyed you're bloody well right I'm annoyed. No matter what I try I'm always criticized for it. And don't say I take the wrong approach by screaming and flaming about it because I just argue the facts as they're given to me.

Eighty Swords I like that you are always helping with errors, suggestions, new features and ofc those lovely Macro Guides Wink Thanks for it

I'm not changing my story at all... I said I get spammed x amount of times in 5-10 seconds and that's repeated every 30-60 seconds. As Shade explained there was some over exaggeration on my part (I don't think it's the first time in human history someone ever exaggerated though) but the point is my screen was getting spammed and the spamming (to me) isn't necessary when announcing events. I never had to spam for an event back on XUO or when I was GM on INX and people always joined.

After discussing this matter however it appears I am alone in my opinion so I'll drop it. I don't think we all (me included) had to get so nasty about it though.

Shade Wrote:Instead of complaining about something so trivial be thankful that they took the time out of their life to entertain others.

You'll notice that after every event I join I am ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS one of the first people to say thanks for hosting. If I forget to say it in the event area when the event is done I'll page saying 'thanks for the event' plus some stupid comment like 'you make me horny' or hate's my hero etc.

I love you too Muto! Big Grin

Staff Spamming Events - imported_phobia - 06-18-2009

i wish i could join an event