Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

About...

Keezichus Wrote:If you say i havent been reading well, then reflect that on yourself and read my post and replies in this topic better, please. Thanks.

But uhm, youre exactly the type of player i was referring to. You dont read my post carefully and emediatly hit the reply button to start a story about how i shouldnt whine about skills and whatnot.

Reread your posts. Then reread mine and you will see which point of yours I was responding to. Here's a hint: its the point about all IN players having transfers and wanting to work hard for their skills like they had to in the past.

And Smurtle said it was silly that some people like to quote every detail. THIS is exactly why I do that.

FYI, if you go read back a few months before the shard opened, you will see that I probably pushed harder than anyone to make it an even start rather than transferring characters.

So, before you judge - make that MISjudge - an ENTIRE group of players, based on a completely exaggerated belief, maybe read into a little more.

You are the Nth of your type of player that we've seen. Coming in saying "OMG EVERYONE HAS EVERYTHING AND I HAVE NOTHING WTF." If you read into it, and maybe actually listened to many of the replies, you would see that it is no where NEAR as bad as you think it is.

Lastly, my point still stands that almost all the things you brought up have been discussed and argued over plenty enough, which I would have expected you to see had you really read as much as was implied. Again, the only point you brought up that hasn't been debated over was the statics, but then again, as you said yourself, the damage was done, so no point whining about it.

I said that about quoting because I remember what I read fairly well! Tongue

I do see his point, but it's beginning to beat a dead horse.

Challenging is great, but there is a point when it becomes annoying, which is what he was trying to convey.

FarCry was an awesome game when it came out. Then after about an hour it became annoying because the A.I. was so ungodly hard. It wasn't challenging anymore, but annoying. It's somewhat the point he's trying to make, maybe less eloquently, but still..

I don't believe statics should have been transfered. That just makes it easier, to be honest. A house waiting for you?! I know you worked hard for them, but what's the big deal?

We DO like challenges or do our convictions stop at words?

The shard did almost triple in population after three days and to be honest a lot of it was already there, just waiting for this shard to open. I don't mind the craft skills so much now. But the static houses that are already taken aren't going to be given up or sold cheaply. They're basically taken out of the economy. That's a lot of money that could have been spent, or traded. I don't see people giving them up, honestly, I don't.

I think what he is trying to say, in summation, to make it fair, have no static houses transfered, that's the least of his complaints. We basically all started playing, and have been playing consistently within 3 days of each other. So, on a large scale, we mostly started at the same time, skills or not. So advantages in macroing, for the most part, are about even aside from skills transfered.

I'm not saying otherwise, you all already know my opinions that if pits runes are a joke, so is transfered housing.

I'm just trying to help better articulate what he was saying.

I'm off this topic unless someone mentions me again. Tongue

Heh, don't think I ever supported transferring anything. That is no better to me than making things easier.

Smurtle, you are exactly right about the static issue, and also about the whole beating a dead horse thing, heh Wink.

Well, it's just a dead horse thing.

We don't want it to be easy, but people have to remember, how you had it on one shard, it's not going to matter to people here. They also have to remember the same goes for them, not many are going to care.

Skills are one thing, houses is a whole 'nother concept. I'm an economy promoter, not skill promoter. ;/

I just would like to see ALL static housing available for all to purchase, or maybe like a down-payment system of 250k or something like that to at least ensure you'd get it.

To have a static house, I'm sure you probably did decent in hunting and had the skills to achieve it.

Bah. I'm done macroing stealth. Yay. And healing is GMed. Yay. Now I have to hunt..geherhwejdrhJK. bLAH.

Lindenwood Wrote:....

Well im sorry to say that if you reread my post and give me that as reply then you havent really understood my point. Im not whining about your transfers and items. I even said i was ok with the houses in the end.

Let me sum it up for you what i stated:
A. I agree with the post with removing annoyances from the game.
B. I gave my point of view about people with transfered stuff who complain against those type of ideas, and in general want things to be hard for noobs.

I dont whine because like i said before i myself are doing fine with the skills and stuff. But i can see why point A and B arent good promotion towards new players.
I hope you understand it better now and dont flame for the third time about skills and what not.

Smurtle Wrote:Well, it's just a dead horse thing.

Exactly, this topic has been done to death and the same things said over and over.

So im locking it. Want to continue it do it in one of the 100 other threads Rolleyes

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry