Imagine Nation Forums
what the.. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions and Answers (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: what the.. (/showthread.php?tid=5608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

what the.. - Cana - 04-26-2012

Darken Rahl Wrote:Please give me one logical reason why there is a fine line between guild house/house?

It's against the shard rules. I don't really agree with the rule, but there are some past topics where staff members explain why the rule is there.

what the.. - DCollisionD - 04-26-2012

Darken Rahl Wrote:This is a game of gain and loss...
AND this was a completely LEGAL loot.

Let it be.

not according to Taran it isn't. and you were not here when whole guilds left due to looting. its no bueno.

what the.. - Echo - 04-26-2012

To clarify the looting was against the rules. When staff mentioned legal what we meant was that he didn't use a bug/exploit/region issue to get entry to the static.

what the.. - Gang - 04-26-2012

Cana Wrote:It's against the shard rules. I don't really agree with the rule, but there are some past topics where staff members explain why the rule is there.

This. I don't like the rule as well, and would vote for it's removal. Suggest it, explain all the upsides that would cover the downside of possibility of losing entire guild (~5 active players) on the server. I'm sure if staff find it reasonable they'll consider it.

But even if you happen to change Taran's opinion regarding this issue right away(zero chance in reality, imo ofc) then these tubs still will have to be returned to Depth as it's just can't be handled otherwise. Doesn't matter if you love him or hate him, anyone of you would be pissed if he'd lose twenty tubs because staff sided with the guy who broken a rule(very carebear rule, but also very clear one) and not with you. This rule was there when it happened - end of discussion... Actually, Jib'reel was very lucky to not get jailed. Guys that looted Doom's HQ in the past were jailed for a week I think...

what the.. - kyleus3 - 04-26-2012

Gang Wrote:This. I don't like the rule as well, and would vote for it's removal. Suggest it, explain all the upsides that would cover the downside of possibility of losing entire guild (~5 active players) on the server. I'm sure if staff find it reasonable they'll consider it.

But even if you happen to change Taran's opinion regarding this issue right away(zero chance in reality, imo ofc) then these tubs still will have to be returned to Depth as it's just can't be handled otherwise. Doesn't matter if you love him or hate him, anyone of you would be pissed if he'd lose twenty tubs because staff sided with the guy who broken a rule(very carebear rule, but also very clear one) and not with you. This rule was there when it happened - end of discussion... Actually, Jib'reel was very lucky to not get jailed. Guys that looted Doom's HQ in the past were jailed for a week I think...

I think he got jailed...
But this should be a lesson learned?
I know prototype was working on the tubs for quiet a time now.
Yes they are pricks.
But I do feel their pain, I would be pissed too.

what the.. - sm0ke - 04-26-2012

kyleus3 Wrote:I think he got jailed...
But this should be a lesson learned?
I know prototype was working on the tubs for quiet a time now.
Yes they are pricks.
But I do feel their pain, I would be pissed too.

Yes the biggest pricks in the world I was letting you use my tubs whenever you wanted because i made a trade with you.. and you abused it 3-4 times a day and on top of it you were making money off of it by selling those clothes where i asked for nothing in return, yeah i'm a big prick you caught me.

to the rest of you, i was the one who wanted house looting to be legal in the first place, but the funny thing is infamous only got a key two weeks ago by dcollisond and he still has his key on his key ring so i don't see how this is even possible.. Maybe one of the old deactivated keys that staff said wouldn't work anymore were still around and some how got one and was then the original key again due to it being changed and fixed so many times by the staff?

what the.. - johnnyterrory - 04-26-2012

Correct me if I am wrong on this sequence.

So Jib'reel looted the guild house keys from infamous
Dyed his cloth for a while without knowing he could use the key to unlock things and take them
Found he could take things by using the key he had just looted
took everything he could
now, Prototype wants things back.

Dude i can't seem to find anything wrong here. First, Jib took what he was allowed to take using the key he legally obtained. You would ONLY be able to APPLY the guild house looting rule here if Jib was part of the Guild which i don't know if he is. But if he wasn't he needs to be able to keep those items. Also, that guild house looting rule is stupid in my opinion, why? because it means you can just have everything unlock and noone can take it which is dumb.

Is Jib part of the Prototype guild?

1957,2535,1945,1151,1176,1915,2496 and black diamond tubs are the doubles that we had besides the ones that we already owned, to help the staff fix this asap

as well Kole's rare dye tub [1150] (blackrock) was ours as well that's the only one i remember for now so ill post again later.

EDIT: As well please make sure all the new keys and doors are locked/set if you need to transfer an owner to dcoll/silverwolf/scarecrow that's fine since I can't log in at the moment and i am the owner of the docks.

johnnyterrory Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong on this sequence.

So Jib'reel looted the guild house keys from infamous
Dyed his cloth for a while without knowing he could use the key to unlock things and take them
Found he could take things by using the key he had just looted
took everything he could
now, Prototype wants things back.

Dude i can't seem to find anything wrong here. First, Jib took what he was allowed to take using the key he legally obtained. You would ONLY be able to APPLY the guild house looting rule here if Jib was part of the Guild which i don't know if he is. But if he wasn't he needs to be able to keep those items. Also, that guild house looting rule is stupid in my opinion, why? because it means you can just have everything unlock and noone can take it which is dumb.

Is Jib part of the Prototype guild?

It's funny how we posted this forever ago and nobody agree'd and now you seem to agree because you're probably one of his friends and would have access to the tubs he stole or maybe he would even give them too you or something. I just find it funny how that works.

stay out of things you guys don't know.

what the.. - Mael - 04-26-2012

wow something cool happened in uo and its punished woohooo...*goes back to macroing*

what the.. - Avatar_ - 04-26-2012

That makes sense, coz lately people been wondering "Wheres Depth".. i bet he killed Infamous IRL(worried about it)...

This is UO... anything can and should happen, no sense making rules against that if no exploits/hacks used... Besides, Prototype guys have a good UO knownledge, they can have it all again in no time...

Avatar_ Wrote:That makes sense, coz lately people been wondering "Wheres Depth".. i bet he killed Infamous IRL(worried about it)...

This is UO... anything can and should happen, no sense making rules against that if no exploits/hacks used... Besides, Prototype guys have a good UO knownledge, they can have it all again in no time...

My computer is in the shop for 3 weeks, so i won't be able to play for a little while. Like we said and agreed upon it's just as much staff's fault as it is ours having staff coming and changing the keys constantly because of problems on the original sale of the house. You try dealing with 36 keys, it gets frustrating and hard to keep track which one works and which doesn't every time something gets fixed or changed..