Imagine Nation Forums
Dragons! - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Dragons! (/showthread.php?tid=5193)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dragons! - Kennedy - 03-21-2012

On OSI I had a beast tamer pvp template
110 tame
110 lore
120 arch
120 ninja
100 chiv
90 tact
70 med

with a 4.2 dreadmare and a 4.6 nightmare in tow.
Spend 99% of time in wolf form....pop out, dismount shot, summon/all kill, wolf form, run ahead, pop out, para shots/mortal shots/AI's while pets nuke. Also 4/6 chiv healing.....gnar.

Buuuuuuuut that was OSI, and things are very different. It would be nice to have some kind of pet at least for pvm tho.....after all that hard work. (something hard to tame, but available....would make good market for the tamers esp if people used them in pvm and they had high consumable rate) Something better/more available than a young nightmare.....hiryus would be fun....and maybe ok for pvp since they dont cast and move slow. Def enforce the follower limit if so.

But if there's no intent for taming to be part of pvp here, i can accept/respect that. Chaos is fun though Wink

Dragons! - sm0ke - 03-21-2012

Kennedy Wrote:On OSI I had a beast tamer pvp template
110 tame
110 lore
120 arch
120 ninja
100 chiv
90 tact
70 med

with a 4.2 dreadmare and a 4.6 nightmare in tow.
Spend 99% of time in wolf form....pop out, dismount shot, summon/all kill, wolf form, run ahead, pop out, para shots/mortal shots/AI's while pets nuke. Also 4/6 chiv healing.....gnar.

Buuuuuuuut that was OSI, and things are very different. It would be nice to have some kind of pet at least for pvm tho.....after all that hard work. (something hard to tame, but available....would make good market for the tamers esp if people used them in pvm and they had high consumable rate) Something better/more available than a young nightmare.....hiryus would be fun....and maybe ok for pvp since they dont cast and move slow. Def enforce the follower limit if so.

But if there's no intent for taming to be part of pvp here, i can accept/respect that. Chaos is fun though Wink

I like this idea, using dragons for pvm content and not pvp even shrinkable to sell them to use for hunting would help the taming market rather than just rare rides and make hunting easier + give vet and all those other skills a purpose.

Dragons! - Lamby - 03-21-2012

Yeah a tamer cant "sick" a dragon on another player... but if a pker attacks a tamer with dragon the dragon can defend against the hostile player Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Dragons! - Kennedy - 03-21-2012

Ehhhh...dont think you could have one without the other there Lamby, that gives too much edge to the Tram side imo.

Either make them full on all kill/all guard capable or not able to attack players at all.
Def shrinkable though lol...otherwise brit would be swamped with drags/hiryus/whatever was decided upon.

Just my 2 cents

Dragons! - Lags - 03-21-2012

Every shard I've played had tameable dragons that could be used in PvP but barley anyone ever used them because they are slow and stupid. The only time anyone would die to a dragon is when they got themselves caught in a small room with them.

Seriously how is a tamer going to kill someone with a dragon? If you get owned by a dragon you probably deserve it Tongue

Dragons! - Habibi Jones - 03-21-2012

Dragons can 2 shot you here with explosion, just saying.

Dragons! - Kander - 03-21-2012

Lags Wrote:Every shard I've played had tameable dragons that could be used in PvP but barley anyone ever used them because they are slow and stupid. The only time anyone would die to a dragon is when they got themselves caught in a small room with them.

Seriously how is a tamer going to kill someone with a dragon? If you get owned by a dragon you probably deserve it Tongue

You speak the truth. You can out run the dragons easy and always kill the owner. BUT if this was to happen there should be a limit on how many dragons you can have. Lets just say a horse takes one follower spot and a dragon takes up 5 spots then you can set a players limit to 5 and the tamer would have to run around on foot or just make it 4 for a dragon and 1 for mount so they only have one with them. And Lags is right on all the servers I been on 1 out of 50 pvpers would have a dragon because it takes alot of work to tame one. And if you was able to have more then 1 dragon I seen it where players had to command the dragons one at a time.

Dragons! - sm0ke - 03-21-2012

Habibi Jones Wrote:Dragons can 2 shot you here with explosion, just saying.

I hate agreeing with habibi but this, even with armor you can die to two shots from a dragon that's one of the reasons i'm completely against tamer pvp

After getting hit by 1 dragon breath why would you stick around for the 15 seconds or w/e it is until he shoots another on you?

Dragons! - Habibi Jones - 03-21-2012

Lags Wrote:After getting hit by 1 dragon breath why would you stick around for the 15 seconds or w/e it is until he shoots another on you?

Dragons explode you whenever they please, I've gotten hit twice by one dragon within 10 seconds. Also, since you seem to not know very much about how things currently work here, if you were to cast an FS with regs on someone right before you dragon explodes, they would both hit at the same time and that's what we like to call an insta-kill.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Dragons explode you whenever they please, I've gotten hit twice by one dragon within 10 seconds. Also, since you seem to not know very much about how things currently work here, if you were to cast an FS with regs on someone right before you dragon explodes, they would both hit at the same time and that's what we like to call an insta-kill.

That's no different than any other UO shard. And apparently things don't work like that right now because you can't tame dragons.

Dragons! - Kander - 03-21-2012

I know since there is no skill cap that they have to make things a bit harder but I really cant see why a drag should beable to drop a man full set of armor and what not with 2 hits. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!