Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: PvP Be all to end all?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Treek

Hello, being an old long time IN player (good 'ol days) Im very intrested in IN:X but it seems no one really cares about the roleplay that kept IN great back in the day and stopped lots of ******** joining in. Checking the forums an such all most people seem to want to know about is the PvP aspect of the game <-- that being the main point, but has IN lost its true routes as a Roleplay/PVP server or is it now just turning into one of those frag fest servers.

Opinions?

Cheers!

maka

I do care, a lot. I don't want this to turn into a pure PvP server as I don't belive in those. They will die in the long run and I want IN:X to be here far after my time. IN:X will have lots of role play features and we will truly encourage it, just as we do PvP. We do not have that many features yet, but as of now, we don't really have a lot of any feature. We have just been trying to replicate sphere so that we can go on replicating IN1Tongue

As a note. I think we are talking a lot about PvP cause the PvP is almost totally new. People have not get used to it and come with inputs. The things they do not talk about feels more familiar. Thats my theory atleast. I really wish all the role players from IN would come back and guide me in the right directionBig Grin
Do not worry about the RP element of INX. Our goal is to make the perfect fusion shard combining the best elements of pvp and rp to obtain this. I have alot of things planned for the shard which include a flowing storyline with quests and events that do not involve pvp which are also good for those who have little skill as well. While some of my events will revolve around pvp there will be more that will not as there are other staff that will handle pvp events which will allow me to focus more on non pvp related quests and events. Taran is also heading up rp in general for the shard and we will be bringing back rp items for those who rp well. You have no reason to fear it is by far not our intention to discard rp in any kind of way, we simply wish to give our playerbase a more open variety of things to do and pvp is a large element of any mmorpg so the talk about the pvp aspects is expected but do not think because of all this pvp talk we have forgotten about the rpers, you are high priority on my list and I have alot of things in store for you all.

Treek

Well you have the name of what was once a great if not the greatest shard ever, and only time will tell if you can keep the players here as long as IN1 did, unlike 2 and INR which were not as successful.
The thing that made IN great was nearly everyone roleplayed bar the odd exception that slipped through the net, having to create a story and email in "before" you were aloud to play on IN was great but hampered who and who did not join. until the end when it became the sense that anyone could join and make an account which followed by its demise.
Maybe recruiting some old IN players (roleplayers) to bring that roleplay side into the shard would be a good idea, They do not have to be as staff as such, merely a forum for instance where original IN players can make suggestions and give advice concerning copying old IN to anew, without the view of any other players. This in turn could in theory then be put to the players to say yay or nay as to if they like the suggestion.

I think you just have to be careful what you do with the people and such as if you set a bad impression from the start its hard to regain that players view/opinion/trust back for them to come back and play again.

A few bullet points I would like to point out that made IN a great shard for myself were:
Housing =
If people were bored of hunting or killing players etc, we could throw a party at someones house, which was decorated in a party style - And have some good roleplaying aspects.

Decoration =
Everywhere was decorated to a high standard and most places were intresting, Yes you get people saying more items = more lag, but at the end of the day just getting lost in the middle of a forest and finding random things made IN intresting, All the detail that was put in, random dungeons/abandoned houses which anyone could walk into.

Quests =
Few and far between, but then IN never was a great questing game, towards the end of IN things became slower and slower in regards to throwing out new quests, Yes you would get the odd one or two that a GM would work on which would entertain the players for a night but that was about it. IN's original quests were some of the best, hell they even had difficult puzzles and best of all riddles in them!

Last but certainly not least
Players =
I suppose everyone can agree on this at least, IN had a great population, everyone had there own story to tell, everyone was different, you had Vampire/Goblin being one of the most influencial mostly because they were usually PK's and had there own scouts that were not red, coming to check things out for them, <-- On that point a good note would be to make these guild a faction so that if you joined them you are permenantly flagged red, Yes it would be horrible for those players, but in a way fun and exciting.
This in turn leads onto them using the land as a player area (back to intresting random places)

I really hope this place takes off, Im sure if things go well then we will have a good playerbase its just getting it right first time, And if all goes bad, then it could be another blow to the name which may not recover.

P.S = Not an insult to any of the staff I would also like to add, that having quite a few trusted people on staff is a great advantage, especially people dedicated to roleplay and quests/events. Most people always want this position as they think it would be fun giving the players events and such, and Yes they make great staff for the first few weeks to a month or two, then it slowly dies off and as they lose intrest the output they generate gets less and less - making the players get bored, and becoming less intresting, Im sure choosing people to be on the staff is a huge responsibility not only to those chosen but to the people choosing as alot of trust goes into the position and not everyone wants the position to do good for others but more for themselves. Not an insult to any of yourselves of course but just a personal judgment and observation I have made throughout my time playing on different Shards throughout the Ultima database.

maka

IN:X Will be higly decorated and the decoration will not cause ANY lag is they will be made static.

We will have a lot of puzzles and quests. Most of our quest will spawn at a random location so that it will be alittle more exciting to discover the world. When you finish the quest the quest mob will spawn at a new location, yet again, random location. I've made clear that i want quest that VARY a lot. Some will be hunting, some will be kill the great boss, some will be puzzles and others will be like "lern to say this and that in goblin" etc.

We WILL get it right from the start and i know how to get it right, you dont have to worry there. Ive explained to everyone that i wont launch the server before its fully done. You guys will have a really really great and unique server to play on.

You dont have to worry much on the staff issue, the people selected are competent and comitted. Commitment is often a little shaky as you mentioned, being a staff member is a quite unappritiated "job", but we will make sure so that server wont have a shortage on staff members that stay online to server you.

You do mention a lot of important things, but at the end of the day, its the players that make the shard. I can just give you guys the conditions, you have to come with suggestions and ideas. This especially applies to role players, as i am not one myself. Luckely we have a good staff team that has been around for a while and that enjoy these aspects of the game, they will infuence what type of scripts i put in. I hope you come back and stan, and bring friends with you. I think that it would be wonderfull if the role playing community came back, in hordesBig Grin
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Roleplayers make their world what they want to be. If you're recalling the good ol' days of IN1 and the sense of community that was there you should recall that it was made so by some creative, pioneering players.

Get some friends and just play the way you like to play. Enjoy, and people will see what you're doing and catch on.
Hermes Wrote:I've said it before and i'll say it again. Roleplayers make their world what they want to be. If you're recalling the good ol' days of IN1 and the sense of community that was there you should recall that it was made so by some creative, pioneering players.

Get some friends and just play the way you like to play. Enjoy, and people will see what you're doing and catch on.

Very well said, IN1 was what it was because many players chose to play a personality and others followed suit. Make yourself a part of the world and you will find the world adapt to you.
Being the PvP coordinator I have to include that there will be a fair share of PvP going on tooBig Grin but I won't let that interfear with the RP going on. Don't worry kind fairy followers, our demonic and vultrous ways will allow your rivers to flow. Big Grin
I don't RP at all i play mainly for the pvp and i would love to see rp'ing pk guilds such were mentioned before as Vampires/Goblins. I think it would be an awesome time getting some ppl together in the pits or something to go take on a horde of the goblin guild or something haha...i guess what im saying is with both the Rp'ing and pvp aspects in place the gameplay in general will be great.

Eighty Swords

no vampire can rp well because they use garlic to cast spells Tongue
Eighty Swords Wrote:no vampire can rp well because they use garlic to cast spells Tongue

lol word Wink
Eighty Swords Wrote:no vampire can rp well because they use garlic to cast spells Tongue

Maybe they are like the vampires from the movie Near Dark Tongue
Pages: 1 2