Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Tired of not being heared by staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote=Camaron]

-If you want skillgain made easier do you want ALL SKILLS to be made easier, or ONLY THE PVP SKILLS like healing, magery, etc?
All skills but crafts should be harder than pvp skills

Why do people want craft skills to be made easier? It just doesn't make sense! They're not THAT hard! Especially if you hunt a little bit, you can buy your skills. It just takes longer than a week, which is how it should be.
Rabbi Samild Wrote:How in the **** is this shard pvm/RP based? Are you ****ing kidding me?

What RP tournaments do we have?! What pvm tournaments do we have?!

You can go gank at any time, the server is YOUR STYLE of pvp. Quit *****ing, omfg.

Rp tournaments... hmm wtf is that? how can you have an RP tournament?

The Headmaster Druid is hosting a hide n seek quest. The first mage to find the evil bunny and send him to the next life wins? wtf...

Pvm tournies.. hmm monsterbash? only thing i can think of.. unless scav hunts are considered a PvM tourny although there is no mob.

other non pvp related tournies.. bomberman death by dice others that i forgot about as well
MadMan Wrote:Rp tournaments... hmm wtf is that? how can you have an RP tournament?

The Headmaster Druid is hosting a hide n seek quest. The first mage to find the evil bunny and send him to the next life wins? wtf...

Pvm tournies.. hmm monsterbash? only thing i can think of.. unless scav hunts are considered a PvM tourny although there is no mob.

other non pvp related tournies.. bomberman death by dice others that i forgot about as well

Monster Bashes
Town Invasions
Treasure Hunts
Cock Fights etc etc Wink
Quote:Cock Fights etc etc Wink
Ah yes, Cock Fights. Kind of like what we see here in the forums on a regular basis, to see who has the bigger one. Rolleyes
Rabbi Samild Wrote:Yea. Let's let people log onto 5 accounts and lumberjack, mine, fish, craft, and hunt simultaneously so they can get lots of money to be able to make anything at a moment's notice with a week of making their account!

YEA!!!!

Let's ****ing do that! YEAA!!!!

reeeeeeeeeeeetards.

First at all i didnt insult you Rabbi so learn to have some more respect then answer my posts. Otherwise you could use your "tongue" for other things.

2º I didnt said let people log on 5 accounts and all the stuff you said.

3º As skillgain is going to be as hard as now cos taran said it wont change, I dont see whats the point on not letting people to gather resources afk.

4º In all servers you obtain money while macroing for example tailoring. You dont lose money. Of course the money you get is not high enough, but is just something that makes up your economy.

There has to be something called motivation to new players. You people dont understand that this kind of pvp requires much money which newb players will need quite a lot of time to get.
This pvm requires much money to pvm nicely using ev scrolls for example.

Do you really think that presenting 3 skills is a nice way to get players?
I prefer to have a easy skill gain than receive 3 skills to my choice near 100.
Almost this is my case. Probably other person would prefer 3 skills and hard skill gain etc..

Regards
Apollo Wrote:Monster Bashes
Town Invasions
Treasure Hunts
Cock Fights etc etc Wink

there you go, exactly... staff needs to have things organized with events, having people entertained. Hosting cock fights each week and x time or something, or just random cock fights.

introduce new things like he said, keep people entertained and the rest will flow... they will have incentive to hunt and have better gear and actually play. people seem too bored and believe it or not main answer to this is staff activity with pages and help along with events, variety of events while the regulars are always there... 1vs1 2vs2, etc... having some sort of mix of events keeps players interested"hooked" and will cause new people to come from word of mouth, best advertisement.

seriously new active staff is needed, or just exsisting ones to play more on their staff than their mortals, and so on...

or just have staff requirements, you must host x amount of events in the week or what ever... they can do it on their own time, not being pressed with "gotta be on UO at 5:00 pm to host" let it be when their free..

but there needs to be standards when staff are taking positions,

must answer x pages
must host x amount

its just an idea, and im not trying to tell staff how to do their job, but tryin to give advice if you dont know how to solve whats going on... we know staff dont get paid to be there, but neither do the players...

so i mean if you cant even "play" uo, then why ask for a staff position. it's not like its crazy time consuming, count is as the time you would of spent ganking on your mortal... im saying this because people say "staff dont get paid" yes its true, but neither do us players...

so if you take the role of a staff player, live up to it because its sad to see player base drop like this within 2 weeks. the crashes are part of it and mainly lack of active staff

Thanks

PS:// on a side note, Like Kitiara said, people need help when their new... we need some sort of popup, or book, or something. to give a quick intro to people who JUST login... telling them quickly where to hunt, main towns, which three skills to choose if their PVMERS or PVPERs, stuff like that... new commers seem really lost and dont know how to get started.
Silverwolf Wrote:there you go, exactly... staff needs to have things organized with events, having people entertained. Hosting cock fights each week and x time or something, or just random cock fights.

introduce new things like he said, keep people entertained and the rest will flow... they will have incentive to hunt and have better gear and actually play. people seem too bored and believe it or not main answer to this is staff activity with pages and help along with events, variety of events while the regulars are always there... 1vs1 2vs2, etc... having some sort of mix of events keeps players interested"hooked" and will cause new people to come from word of mouth, best advertisement.

seriously new active staff is needed, or just exsisting ones to play more on their staff than their mortals, and so on...

or just have staff requirements, you must host x amount of events in the week or what ever... they can do it on their own time, not being pressed with "gotta be on UO at 5:00 pm to host" let it be when their free..

but there needs to be standards when staff are taking positions,

must answer x pages
must host x amount

its just an idea, and im not trying to tell staff how to do their job, but tryin to give advice if you dont know how to solve whats going on... we know staff dont get paid to be there, but neither do the players...

so i mean if you cant even "play" uo, then why ask for a staff position. it's not like its crazy time consuming, count is as the time you would of spent ganking on your mortal... im saying this because people say "staff dont get paid" yes its true, but neither do us players...

so if you take the role of a staff player, live up to it because its sad to see player base drop like this within 2 weeks. the crashes are part of it and mainly lack of active staff

Thanks

PS:// on a side note, Like Kitiara said, people need help when their new... we need some sort of popup, or book, or something. to give a quick intro to people who JUST login... telling them quickly where to hunt, main towns, which three skills to choose if their PVMERS or PVPERs, stuff like that... new commers seem really lost and dont know how to get started.

well said
Oh and what i hear all the time from the staff on this forum, is that because we here are discussing about the skillgain the players will leafe becouse they see it here on the forum. well theres no such thing as that. you dont leaf a soccer club becouse the trainer has some discussion with a teammate, about how the game should be played. or is it?
MadMan Wrote:Rp tournaments... hmm wtf is that? how can you have an RP tournament?

Yea, that's my point Wink We seldom have events based on "RP" or "PVM" and OFTEN have events based on pvp. PVP is a privilege, not a right. Therefore, it should be expensive. You are CHOOSING to kill other players who are CHOOSING to resist you. PVM costs money too, you know. And just like PVM, in PVP if you kill the right thing you get justly rewarded.
Kitiara, this is not directed at you. It's directed at previous comments.

I'm sick of all this whining about how PVPers are mistreated, ignored, and refuted. Guess what? PVMers suffer the same crap you do. Don't think that lack of GMs logged in ONLY affects PVPers. Don't think that when there aren't tournies that YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES that it sucks for.
Silverwolf Wrote:1. seriously new active staff is needed, or just exsisting ones to play more on their staff than their mortals, and so on...

2. its just an idea, and im not trying to tell staff how to do their job, but tryin to give advice if you dont know how to solve whats going on... we know staff dont get paid to be there, but neither do the players...

3. so if you take the role of a staff player, live up to it because its sad to see player base drop like this within 2 weeks. the crashes are part of it and mainly lack of active staff

4. PS:// on a side note, Like Kitiara said, people need help when their new... we need some sort of popup, or book, or something. to give a quick intro to people who JUST login... telling them quickly where to hunt, main towns, which three skills to choose if their PVMERS or PVPERs, stuff like that... new commers seem really lost and dont know how to get started.

1. Absolutely agreed. Having active staff answering pages and holding tournies/events (even if they aren't reward related) is a big step forward.

2. Nope, you're exactly right. Totally volunteer. But does that mean that current staff shouldn't be required and expected to be active daily? Absolutely not. If I were a GM, I'd be on early and often, making sure the needs (no matter how trivial) of the players were met. There's no reason why there should be this much discord among players and so much reticence on the staff's part to get in and fix these things.

3. The drop in playerbase IS linked to the fact that there haven't been as many GMs on to answer pages. I have had pages sit for days recently... this is deplorable. Are there not active staffers or players that could be active staffers to fix these problems? The shard crashing is a separate issue, but of even more import. Why is a new person going to want to hunt his/her brains out for a chunk of a day off only to have their progress lost to a crash/time warp? These issues need to be fixed; the players' faith in the shard's stability is waning.

4. It's common knowledge if you read the forums that there is a newbie dungeon and other ways to get things. It should be on the players to ensure that new people are "geared up" and know where to start. Perhaps a message could come up every time a new account logs in directing them to the forums (or a particular section/link in the forums) and remain until day 7 or so.
Kitiara Wrote:3º As skillgain is going to be as hard as now cos taran said it wont change, I dont see whats the point on not letting people to gather resources afk.

What happens if you allow resources to be gained AFK? Have you considered the consequences? Yes, people will have more resources to train skills. What then? The market for resources increases, the price for everything drops, pots/scrolls/armors/weapons drop to the COST TO MAKE. Everyone will end up having all GM craft skills and no one will have to buy anything. Have you considered these things before making your comments?

I can get 2,500 ingots per hour mining. If 100 players mine AFK, all getting 2,500 ingots per hour, we're introducing 250,000 ingots to the shard PER HOUR. That's enough to GM smithing. PER HOUR. You could thus make 24 GM smiths per day with those ingots. Within a month, every single person would be GM smithing. The same goes for lumberjacking, fishing, etc.

[Image: nuclear-explosion.jpg]
How would that make the shard better?

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7