Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Deathmatch and crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As many of you know, if someone keeps killing himself over and over or if multiple players die at the same time in deathmatch a lot of players will crash.
This is an issue with UO and the client itself and it has always been this way, it's just more noticable now since we have more players. I think client 7 tends to crash less but that won't help injection players.

But if anyone gets reskilled or commits suicide just to crash other players, that person will get jailed. If people keep doing it, deathmatch will be disabled. Stop ruining the fun for everyone else, if you don't want to play just leave the DM or better yet, don't even join it.
It Happens on Monster Bash too, Like the last one we had where Raez was resskilling heself making everyone crash like 7 times.
Some players just have no respect for anyone, its disgusting.

smoke

disi is the one who does this stupid stuff

and ctf he abuses brinning in a horse when were on feet, erendis does the ctf bug as well
taran is it possible to add a delay timer for the respawn in the deathmatch? I mean the delay doesn't have to be long but I think that might help it so people don't crash...

smoke

you can't add a delay it would drastically change the whole even considering main pvpers are the target in those things and that it's an ffa so most kills win with a delay your missing out on the action and losing time in the event to make more kills

and it's not about how fast you can kill your self it's just killing your self in general it crashes people

just kick disi from all events and everything is ok
smoke Wrote:main pvpers are the target

In deathmatch? Nah, everyone always goes after easy targets. Easy points and recharging of mana. You can keep on killing and never run out of mana. Dumping on good pvpers you just lose all your mana.

That, or it's someone letting themselves be killed by a friend for points. Seen this done in DM and CW. In CW someone from my team kept running into opposing teams base to be reskilled there by his friend on opposing team. They got over 60 points that way and we lost the same amount. Needless to say, we never had a chance in that game because of that. It's kinda lame how people ruin events for others just to get a lousy team ticket. Deathmatch doesn't even give a prize and they still do it.
yeah basically a delay of spawning will fix this... even if its 2-3 seconds after u die, because this way people wont constantly spam FS spell and get themselves killed...

I know when I joined and was crashing constantly, I had paged and it was Crealak who was constantly suiciding... like 6 times in a matter of 1 second... im pretty sure everyone was crashing, and was the worst DM i ever played...

setting a delay will solve it, will b a little gay that u take 2 seconds to spawn, but still better than having to login 20 times.

Eighty Swords

Why not try experimenting with it for a few DM's? At first try a 1 second delay, then 2 or 3. If that doesn't fix it then get rid of it and just warn people. I don't think 1 second will ruin the event, 2 or 3 could be annoying but some people don't think it will kill the event so we could always try it.
You say it's illegal, you say it's jailable, but when someone does it in front of staff's faces, they do nothing. That will absolutely scare people off...
If you want people to stop this behaviour, keep an extra eye on Disi and Kiski. I bet you will get about 30 chances to jail them in just one DM.
A delay sounds good but , in a deathmatch the main point is to kill as many people as posible the fastest you can to win. so when you get killed all you want is to be back on action fast again , and a delay would make it slow.. I'ts better to stick to the rules stablished and play fair
Tiesto Wrote:A delay sounds good but , in a deathmatch the main point is to kill as many people as posible the fastest you can to win. so when you get killed all you want is to be back on action fast again , and a delay would make it slow.. I'ts better to stick to the rules stablished and play fair

Yes, because 2-3 seonds is a very long time.
Yea, getting everyone to stick to the rules and play fair is very easy, all you need to do is say "guys, you are not allowed to play unfair, please?" and it is all good. You are very wise sir. I assume you have hosted a lot of DM's, because otherwise you wouldn't be posting here, right?
Pages: 1 2 3