Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Do Something About It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

I know everything I post means nothing to the staff but it's seriously getting ridiculous ok?! Im standing up for what I believe in and Maka would be ASHAMED If he saw the way this shard was being ran...

1) Players that post should be acknowledged equally and there should be absolutely NO favoritism.
Example: No matter how bad the players on the shard are at PVP, the teams should be picked fairly as to the way the dice are rolled and the way the players are picked... Teams should never be re-arranged because 2 good players are on the same team... This puts a halt to PVP on the shard because no one will want to get better because its basically those 2 players vs eachother.... dumb move that has been happening here.

2) Give the players what they want to a certain extent.
Example: Skill gain is ridiculous... Ultima is a 400 year old game... no ones going to sit here and macro 4 weeks.... you get the drift.

3) Staff Involvement
Example: Some of the active staff dont even logg on... theres nothing to do... no one to help you... staff just bother players nowadays... they come online and do stupidity like teleport you on top of houses...

4) Start Taking Your Implementations seriously
Example: I asked for a Prototype Forum chat because all of the other main guilds got it... that got rejected... I made a decent RP story... that got rejected.... Tried to Suggest things to staff... all rejected... its funny though.. I get ignored and im one of the only players still here... and i hear all that BS about ooo Scarecrow... theres a specific section about you on Staff Forums and Taran posts that youll never be staff and you guys better watch him.. Since when do I do anything negative to your shard?! Im the only player thats still here trying to fight for something that can be amazing BUT I believe that the right things ARE NOT being done and I will keep voiceing my opinion until someone superior takes it as positive feedback like it legitly is!

5) Special Events.
Example: Create something that players can refer to that is only open ONCE IN A WHILE like a monster bash... a monster bash that lasts like 5 hours and the main monster has decent drops and mad cash... its fun.. its easy... requires no supervision... player interaction... we need things like this.

6) Send Those Emails Out!!!
Example: Shards 15 years old and were still in Beta... Launch the shard because were NOT getting that new server... everyone knows already... send your Emails out and start the shard LIVE.... this is as good as the lagg will get.

7) Stop HARASSING THE PLAYERS
Example: No offence... Shade.. I like you and all bro.. but you need to stop Harassing players on your GM.. people used to trash talk you like mad because of how you acted towards them... like your were god or something... I know who your mortal is and your FAR from god in this game.
But... its all in fun and your a very good scripter.. just contribute by having a positive attitude... thats all im getting at.

8) Start Interacting With Players.
Example: Staff should contact players & interact with them.. I know that in other shards they have random players that they choose to do random events... Ex: Staff choose a PVPER and give him X life and X mana... in his backpack.. the player has many nice drops but he OWNS players around him.. sort of like a monster bash but better because the monster has a mind of his own...
OR
A player hosts an event with staff... gets involved in the shard... something of that sort to bring the moral up on this shard because right now... the moral sucks.... everyones staying away and even those who play are getting un-happy.
9) STOP THE CAREBEAR SHIT
Example: Stop making this shard carebear... we cant even use auto macros anymore LOL.. you made the skillgain 500x harder than its supposed to be and you guys find ways to fix "AFK macroing" as if its the problem LOL... trust me... thats a positive thing that this shard had.... focus on the REAL PROBLEMS.

Well.. thats it... those are my thoughts... Read if you want... If you dont agree then dont judge me..

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype].

smoke

Hey this man might be on to something?
Quote:Hey this man might be on to something?

Maybe think the lightbulb turned on for some ppl?
My take on your 1-9

1. Agreed, if the dice are rolled then they should stay on the team they were originally on.

2. Disagree, took me 7-8 days of macroing to get my char ready for PVP.

3. Shade is back so with him Muto and few others I am sure it will pick up.

4. You must have been rejected for some reason, maybe your requests for your RP items were a little much? I dont know.

5. I am down for a monster bash.

6. People will just leave until we get new server.

7. Never seen this happen, only seen Shade be proactive with the shard and its development.

8. Sounds like fun.

9. Nothing carebare about IN-X. Fixing the afk macroing in MT. Kendall was a great idea. Good job scriptors.

Eighty Swords

1. Agreed.
2. I tried making a character from scratch lately and it took me less then 5 days to afk macro all my skills except the combats and magery which can be done while you hunt so it's not so bad.
3. More active staff would help. Once people see staff are there to answer pages they will tell their friends and some people will come back.
4. Equal treatment is a must. If prototype asked for too high of a RP reward they should have to do a damn good job or be told they can't get those items.
5. Agreed.
6. Agreed. I came back to INX about 6 months ago and 6 months ago it was 'new hardware soon'. I know that promise was made more then 6 months ago and we still don't have it.
7. I'm not there so I can't comment.
8. Agreed. No harm comes from revealing yourself and saying to a player 'hey hows it going?'.
9. Agreed. UO is meant to be a challenge sometimes, not a vacation or a challenge in every little thing. It's a question of finding the right balance so this could be challenging.
1) When it comes to events, you of all people should know that if the teams aren't somewhat even players will just give up almost as soon as the event starts. An evenly matched event normally leads to more fun. Sometimes it isn't needed to balance teams when you hit above a certain amount of players but if for example it was you and gang vs two new players, you can be sure those new players would have no fun whatsoever and not want to join that event any time soon, if ever again.

Most of the time teams shouldn't be changed around, that is true, but sometimes its needed depending on the scenario.

2) It takes 5-9 days to GM all the pvp skills you need. That is nothing to complain about.

3) The staff are active, the problem is players aren't as much. Its hard to host an event with only a handful of players. We still do things you don't see and really, considering our recent pay cut, you should be happy with that.

4) Well the guild forum is up to Taran so I cannot speak on his behalf about that. All I can say is that, if you haven't done so, you need to pm him to get one.

As for your RP request, well I don't remember saying it was rejected so I don't see where you got that idea. Due to the fact that several players were complaining and a few RP guilds were taking the rules lightly as well as the fact that there are less players on, I need to be sure that requests are authentic and worthy. I never told you that your story was denied or anything so you can stop thinking that, instead prove to me that you are planning to RP for the right reasons and not just to 'look cool' or something.

I don't know what fool told you about what is on the staff forums but that isn't any players concern. Besides not a single player has their own section on the forums, like we have nothing better to do then gossip about a player like lonely fat girls on a saturday night.

5) They happen but obviously thats something that requires x amount of players typically. Its harder to host any sort of event like this with such an unstable player base. If a monster bash was made right now that was on the larger side and took some time, it would be created with the thought of maybe 10 people showing up max. However, only 2 or 3 may actually go or maybe we will get a spike and 20 people want to go. Hopefully you see the problem here and why its not very easy to have such an event with a proper balance to it. We don't want to add enough rewards for 20 people and find out 3 people cleared it.

6) Im not sure how many times you need to here this but I guess one more won't hurt: The emails will be sent once we get new hardware. Take it up with xs4all.

7) Oooh this one is specifically for me <3
Well I haven't been around for a month, I just came back about 3 days ago so I couldn't have been bothering you too much. Not to mention I hardly ever see you in game for more then a few moments. Typically I might try to entertain a player when they state that they are bored and I am not up to anything specific. Most of the times players lol about it and a week later decide it was a problem. Also I know some players don't like how I act around them as well but I simply treat others how they treat me, plain and simple. Everyone is treated the same but those who are nice to me typically get a much more love filled response when I speak with them.

Also, congrats on knowing my mortal. I'm glad that someone broke rules to let you know who my player is because it shows me yet again how little people care about rules. Not that it matters too much anymore as I quit playing quite a while ago because of it but its quite funny how you would drop that in there to almost brag about it. As I was saying though, someone broke a rule and instead of you reporting it you came here to boast about it, that shows me how good your intentions are.

8) I did something like this a long time ago, ended up getting distracted and the event ended and the kid tried hiding the items I gave him. That was the last time I did that. I could have took extra measures to make sure he couldn't even attempt this but I rather trust a player and learn their true nature..

9) how is afk resource gathering a positive thing? Seriously, it promotes being afk, it unbalances the economy and makes everyone self reliant (another punch to the economy). There is nothing good about afk resource gathering. Had it not of been abused so badly though, it would not have been changed. People gloating about breaking rules and obviously caring so little about them forces us to enforce rules. Personally I was going to start bank wiping on a 3rd offense but this was the friendly fix and you should be happy about it. I have seen too many shards get ruined from afk resource gathering and there is nothing I stand against more then that when it comes to UO. If anything, allowing players to earn wealth by going afk is carebear, not the other way around. Funny how nobody complains about a guarded mine...

This has all been said to death though. Nothing like coming back from a vacation of sorts and seeing such a nostalgic post.

smoke

Shade Wrote:1) When it comes to events, you of all people should know that if the teams aren't somewhat even players will just give up almost as soon as the event starts. An evenly matched event normally leads to more fun. Sometimes it isn't needed to balance teams when you hit above a certain amount of players but if for example it was you and gang vs two new players, you can be sure those new players would have no fun whatsoever and not want to join that event any time soon, if ever again.

Most of the time teams shouldn't be changed around, that is true, but sometimes its needed depending on the scenario.

2) It takes 5-9 days to GM all the pvp skills you need. That is nothing to complain about.

3) The staff are active, the problem is players aren't as much. Its hard to host an event with only a handful of players. We still do things you don't see and really, considering our recent pay cut, you should be happy with that.

4) Well the guild forum is up to Taran so I cannot speak on his behalf about that. All I can say is that, if you haven't done so, you need to pm him to get one.

As for your RP request, well I don't remember saying it was rejected so I don't see where you got that idea. Due to the fact that several players were complaining and a few RP guilds were taking the rules lightly as well as the fact that there are less players on, I need to be sure that requests are authentic and worthy. I never told you that your story was denied or anything so you can stop thinking that, instead prove to me that you are planning to RP for the right reasons and not just to 'look cool' or something.

I don't know what fool told you about what is on the staff forums but that isn't any players concern. Besides not a single player has their own section on the forums, like we have nothing better to do then gossip about a player like lonely fat girls on a saturday night.

5) They happen but obviously thats something that requires x amount of players typically. Its harder to host any sort of event like this with such an unstable player base. If a monster bash was made right now that was on the larger side and took some time, it would be created with the thought of maybe 10 people showing up max. However, only 2 or 3 may actually go or maybe we will get a spike and 20 people want to go. Hopefully you see the problem here and why its not very easy to have such an event with a proper balance to it. We don't want to add enough rewards for 20 people and find out 3 people cleared it.

6) Im not sure how many times you need to here this but I guess one more won't hurt: The emails will be sent once we get new hardware. Take it up with xs4all.

7) Oooh this one is specifically for me <3
Well I haven't been around for a month, I just came back about 3 days ago so I couldn't have been bothering you too much. Not to mention I hardly ever see you in game for more then a few moments. Typically I might try to entertain a player when they state that they are bored and I am not up to anything specific. Most of the times players lol about it and a week later decide it was a problem. Also I know some players don't like how I act around them as well but I simply treat others how they treat me, plain and simple. Everyone is treated the same but those who are nice to me typically get a much more love filled response when I speak with them.

Also, congrats on knowing my mortal. I'm glad that someone broke rules to let you know who my player is because it shows me yet again how little people care about rules. Not that it matters too much anymore as I quit playing quite a while ago because of it but its quite funny how you would drop that in there to almost brag about it. As I was saying though, someone broke a rule and instead of you reporting it you came here to boast about it, that shows me how good your intentions are.

8) I did something like this a long time ago, ended up getting distracted and the event ended and the kid tried hiding the items I gave him. That was the last time I did that. I could have took extra measures to make sure he couldn't even attempt this but I rather trust a player and learn their true nature..

9) how is afk resource gathering a positive thing? Seriously, it promotes being afk, it unbalances the economy and makes everyone self reliant (another punch to the economy). There is nothing good about afk resource gathering. Had it not of been abused so badly though, it would not have been changed. People gloating about breaking rules and obviously caring so little about them forces us to enforce rules. Personally I was going to start bank wiping on a 3rd offense but this was the friendly fix and you should be happy about it. I have seen too many shards get ruined from afk resource gathering and there is nothing I stand against more then that when it comes to UO. If anything, allowing players to earn wealth by going afk is carebear, not the other way around. Funny how nobody complains about a guarded mine...

This has all been said to death though. Nothing like coming back from a vacation of sorts and seeing such a nostalgic post.

so you deny everything he has suggested when even players agree that things should change. I guess old habbits die hard things will never change i'm actually kinda depressed i put so much time in making a new character when it doesn't even pay off because theres no one to play with. We keep telling you guys things should change and you guys just blame it on the server hardware or people going on vacation it's always the same exuse. Don't you think were not that stupid after 2 years of playing here? it's like your questioning our iq with saying things like that

and let me get this straight because someone told him who you are you want him to report that person? am i getting this straight? LOL
sooo ur rp story prolly got rejected because i kinda told them u stole it from another forum Big Grin u can thank me later for savin u from actin like a queer roleplayer
I'm in a hurry but I just want to say that I never got a request about a private guild forum from you ScareCrow. If you still want it you will have to PM me about it and list 5 active players that are currently in your guild.
smoke Wrote:so you deny everything he has suggested when even players agree that things should change. I guess old habbits die hard things will never change i'm actually kinda depressed i put so much time in making a new character when it doesn't even pay off because theres no one to play with. We keep telling you guys things should change and you guys just blame it on the server hardware or people going on vacation it's always the same exuse. Don't you think were not that stupid after 2 years of playing here? it's like your questioning our iq with saying things like that

You don't seem to understand that without new hardware we can't support much of a player base without some serious lag issues. So even if we change stuff and send out the emails, the cycle will just start over as it did from day one of this shard opening. We would get a nice peak, people would lag and quit, those who stayed a bit longer would get bored at the low playerbase and start leaving as well.

Also you can stop acting like nothing changes, if you need help finding the changelog I can point you in the right direction. There have been tons of changes, granted you may not care about most of them but I assure you others do and many players are grateful for what has been done so far. Many changes were made and a vast majority of them were suggestions or requests.

Quote:and let me get this straight because someone told him who you are you want him to report that person? am i getting this straight? LOL

Yes, I know you think rules are jokes. Whats funny here is that you are the first person to yell out if you even think someone is up to no good but its okay if rules are broken that don't effect you, huh? I absolutely expect someone to come forward about something like that because its serious. Though honestly it only hurt the shard not me, when I stopped playing here so did my friends. So yeah I expect anything that can have negative effects on the shard to be reported. The rules are there for a reason, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Quote:sooo ur rp story prolly got rejected because i kinda told them u stole it from another forum u can thank me later for savin u from actin like a queer roleplayer

Again, his story was not rejected and I run all stories through a few plagiarism checkers as well as check RP forums on other shards. If someone was caught plagiarizing though.. well I wouldn't make things very fun for them, thats for sure. Appreciate the pm though aptar, nothing like a good lie to motivate staff...
u failed u miss aptar's sarcasm (especially since he's IN prototype lol)

btw Malik said we got rejected, cuz i was him wtf was going on with it
Well if he said that then I am sure there is a good reason, considering Malik is too nice. I was merely stating that I did not reject the request, since I was gone for about a month I still have to catch up on a few things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4