Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Do Something About It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
guys, why bother man.

How many of these suggestions posts do you make? I ALONE, have made atleast 3-4... it just get read for a bit, than gets dragged onto the 2-3 page of the forum and everyone forgets about it.

just face reality, shit wont change, and when it's too late (which it already is) that's when all of a sudden there will be a forum post " THE CHANGES YOU WERE ASKING FOR ARE NOW IN EFFECT"

in an attempt to get back players again....

but this shard in all honesty is done. those who left are gone, and people have moved on. this idea of "make it relatively hard so we have (loyal players)" is in the past. people dont look at the depreciation of a game and it's players, new technology, etc... still living in the past, and it's a shame.

i've already said this shards done for about 6 months ago, it's not hard to see the direction it's heading in. not that i dont want it to succeed, but the way the administration is seeing things is not the reality nor the way things will turn out.

make this shard easy for new commers to come play, thats the key here...

anyway, goodluck.
I've said it a thousand times and I will say it again, making skillgain easier is not the right solution. We have hundreds of accounts that have fully GMd chars on them but they don't play. We had over 100 players online at the same time with fully GMd chars, but they don't play here now.
Why? Well I know it isn't skillgain since they already have their skills.

Also, just a couple of months ago we had 40+ players here. Where did they go? They also had all the needed skills.

We need to figure out another way to get players here. You guys are just so focused on complaining about skillgain that you don't even try to come up with other solutions to get more players here.
If we get the playerbase up again we don't need to lower the skillgain since more people will think it's worth to macro for a couple of days.
Quote:We have hundreds of accounts that have fully GMd chars on them but they don't play. We had over 100 players online at the same time with fully GMd chars, but they don't play here now

but how many of them even play games anymore? I mean like silverwolf said A LOT of people have moved on, you cant just focus on getting old players back but you have to please and help NEW players that are still playing this game, which a lot have said the skillgain is a problem. I personally have never seen 100 online for my time at IN:X, I've seen 30-40 but not 100.

From 40 to where we are now is because and i'll be honest

#1 - Not many staff were active, you had Shade, Muto, Jackal, Eru running things for awhile with tours n stuff like promting ganks. After at some point only Muto was on and not many people were doing anything. I'm not saying u guys don't devote time to IN:X but that was a problem when there is not a lot of interactivity between players.

#2 - Some people realized how long it would take to GM some of those skills and gave up

#3 - Even when we had a lot of people online, the majority of them were AFK MACROING, hence no shard interactivity and thus players who were active got bored and left.
1. 4 staff members active for 30 people online is more than enough. Playerbase started to drop when staff were active, then staff stopped being active because players left and were unhappy.

2. If you want to train crafting skills and become self reliant you have to spend some time earning it.

3. All shards have afk macroers. If they had all their skills GMd they would simply be afk without macroing.
1. I seen playerbase drop when there were less tours n stuff. Like u can't say it's not related cuz every weekly tour we get back up to 20-25 ppl and then it drops back down. Like I remember when Shai hosted tons and there was 40 ppl online, it's obviously connected.

2. the thing is players won't spend their time doing it now, which is something new players have voiced, as well as some existing ones. hence why they gave up. we're not talking about 3-4 ppl here but a lot more than that. Yes u have many accounts that have done it in the past but like i said how many of those ppl still even play games or uo for that matter? You have to focus on the new age of things and cater to the new/existing players imo.

3. I'm not saying to give all gm skills, but to make it easier to gain than it is now, this does not mean make hard skills super easy now. but to make it easier than it is.

Eighty Swords

I can understand staff being around less with less players, but at the same time they have to be there for these players. When a staff hosts for even 5-6 people these people message their friends saying 'come play, there's an event in 5 minutes'. Trust me, I got messages all the time from Luda and Smoke saying there's an event and when I see an event I tell them and a few other people that I have on my msn list to come online. Sometimes all it takes to get a few extra people on is to host an event. You join a quick 1v1 rep, or something else, and then you think 'well I'm on anyways so maybe I'll mine or hunt for a bit'. You can't honestly tell me that hosting an event makes people log off. Even if it's an event the player hates, they'll continue doing what they were doing, and maybe even ask the staff to do another event after, something they like.
We allways talked about new hardware ect. if we ll have 1 what is changeing??? Just i think little bit we ll walk fast Rolleyes soo ll PvP cahange?? ll Stuffs change?? ll Staffs change?? ll People change??
I really know that what ll be change???:eek:

smoke

Taran Wrote:1. 4 staff members active for 30 people online is more than enough. Playerbase started to drop when staff were active, then staff stopped being active because players left and were unhappy.

2. If you want to train crafting skills and become self reliant you have to spend some time earning it.

3. All shards have afk macroers. If they had all their skills GMd they would simply be afk without macroing.

yeah you may have 4 staff members online for 30 players but when we surpass that playerbase what good is that 4 players? you said it your self we have surpassed that amount of players before. To be honest Taran silverwolf is right you guys are living in the past becuase they contribuated so much to the shard in the past your afraid of fireing them and getting new staff, well it is already to late because theres only 3 players on usually and there all in the same guild even soon they'll realize that theres actually nothing to do but macro.

I actually thought that shard would change, thats why i reconsidered starting a new character and macoing all or near most of my skills but in addition to that it's been a big disapointment. Now you wonder where your players have gone? don't you think they feel disapointed too wasting all that time macroing then lack of stuff in game happening?

we've said it a thousand times too the skill gain + staff are either to hard or not active and as dedicated as the players need them to be and that will always be a problem because it's what you think we are always crying about, but what you don't think about is why a player with all of his skill is complanning about skill gain? because maybe i want players to join i've counted countless times that people messaged me on msn saying this shard is to hard and theres no active staff when needed which is a waste of time. Only if you would listen..

If you notice sure theres a lot of staff on our staff page, all incative or retired.. the ones you see on usually rotate in being on during the year long seasons.

Anyways like you said your headstrong about the skill gain and don't think it's that nor the staff and your blamming the shard loss on the server + people going on vacation. What you have to realize is the server hardware causes little few spikes which would not cause everyone to quit lol.. I'm pretty much done explanning my self and explanning why this project is failing i'm trying to help but you keep rejecting all of us.

Btw for all those idiots who post and try to flame me i could care less the shard has turned into an argument forum where people just go to argue it seems the forums have more action then the actual uo shard lately
I am quite tired of hearing about skill gain honestly. I'll say this again though, every time skill gain was made easier we noticed a permanent drop in players within a weeks time. Obviously skill gain changes do more harm then they will ever do good. In any case, if a player can't invest a few days into building their character, do you really think they will invest any time in the game... Anyone who can't make the little effort to build up a character isn't going to be logging on to help the shard build back up.

smoke Wrote:Anyways like you said your headstrong about the skill gain and don't think it's that nor the staff and your blamming the shard loss on the server + people going on vacation. What you have to realize is the server hardware causes little few spikes which would not cause everyone to quit lol.. I'm pretty much done explanning my self and explanning why this project is failing i'm trying to help but you keep rejecting all of us.

You may not remember or have been here during the times when we had over 60+ players but I'd say thats about the magic number. If we got back up to about 60ish we would start seeing those nasty spikes again that completely hindered game play.

Quote:Btw for all those idiots who post and try to flame me i could care less the shard has turned into an argument forum where people just go to argue it seems the forums have more action then the actual uo shard lately

I wonder who started that Rolleyes
Shade Wrote:You may not remember or have been here during the times when we had over 60+ players but I'd say thats about the magic number. If we got back up to about 60ish we would start seeing those nasty spikes again that completely hindered game play.

I remember those times, had really bad spikes like 20 sec freeze, alot spikes.
Alot people complained and leave cause of it and now we got some of those guys saying the spikes not was the main reason people leave even with theyself leaving cause of it.

New Hardware is really needed!

If dont got it on 2 month is better send out emails and see what happens, if we get a big player base again we have to colect donations to pay a better server.

Or try to find another free host! Big Grin

Or its done.
We definatley do need the new hardware, hopefully we can find a better free server or lets all just start donating.
Taran should host itSmile Everyone has less ping to Taran, than to the server... Plus it for sure will cost less money than paying for new host, also noone has to worry about scripts, cos I doubt you guys will find another hosting company with data center which will host server for free... And giving your scripts to some guy whos willing to host it is always risk... Why don't you host it , Taran?
Pages: 1 2 3 4