Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Identities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
LudaKrishna Wrote:there is no "answer my page invovled", it can lead to that yes but like any other player on this shard we ignore what ppl say to us.

People won't ignore such information and yes it will lead to that. It will disturb the gms life ingame and is not wanted. A gm is a non-existing world character as it doesn't play the game. And has no link to the mortal except for the person controlling both. When the gm is on his mortal he doesnt 'know' his gm and doesn't want to be reminded to that. The gm wants to be seen as a mortal when playing on it what will be made impossible if you tell who the mortal is (even if you really know as most if not all rumours are incorrect)

LudaKrishna Wrote:and like my last sentence of the first post this brings up the issue is should GM's even have an active mortal in the first place?

An active mortal can be good and bad. The only bad thing is that cheating is an easy thing to do and can be very attractive. However, every action of a gm is logged and there are multiple people who can see the logs. This way every cheater will be caught eventually and their actions made undone.

The good things of a mortal are that you are much more into the shard and the community. You get to hear the real things going on and what bothers people. You also see yourself what can be improved by just playing the game, things that might not get noticed by other players because they are either unaware of it or it might be in their advantage which usually results in players not telling it.

Now I could add much more points to this. But it just ends out in one thing:
Telling who the mortal of a gm is, is not wanted. Just deal with it

smoke

Muto Wrote:Staff dont reveal mortals chars, it's illegal Smile

no but if a player reveals a player, and when staff tells location of players by ip or whatever it still gives people a hint and then they've macroed that character for nothing.
Muto...then whit your mortal char Big Grin or other person
The only reason you have when calling out someone's name, in this case a Staff Mortal char is damaging that person image in some way.... other way you wouldn't do it because you know it would HARM him....

For me that attitude is rude,pathetic and childish. I mean if you know some confidential information, stay quiet for god sake, your only going to damage uss...
smoke Wrote:no but if a player reveals a player, and when staff tells location of players by ip or whatever it still gives people a hint and then they've macroed that character for nothing.

Staff is not to give any information about any account to players. If this happens you will have to report it to Taran right away.
Some of you may not understand what "no staff harassment" means, below is an explanation to what harassment is:

Wikipedia Wrote:"Harassment refers to a wide spectrum of offensive behavior.The term commonly refers to behavior intended to disturb or upset, and, when the term is used in a legal sense, it refers to behaviours which are found threatening or disturbing."

Do you think the staffmember in question would find it upsetting or disturbing that you would go around telling players who his mortals character is?

I cant believe you actually don't realize that it would be a bad thing to tell the players who a staffmembers mortal is, first off because of all the things Muto and Yank said, but also because of common sense..

Regards,
Hate
lmao no one has given a good reason as to why I can't say

"<GM Name> is <Mortal Name>"

and why "<Mortal Name> is <Another Mortal Name>" is allowed

if the gm is non-existent yank then it shouldn't matter if we say that sentence as the gm name wouldn't exist in the world.

It can lead to "answer page","host tourney" for the mortal of the gm but like i said earlier when other players argue in UO/talk we have to deal with it and thus learn to ignore it, so why is it different for a gm exactly?

honestly it's not even me that has said something but I find it hilarious how ppl can get in trouble for saying "<GM Name> is <Mortal Name>"
OMG Then i can say that if a mortal player hate me and after he is Staff...as staff he hate me also...Nobody want To damage the image of staff members..i think
Do you think the staffmember in question would find it upsetting or disturbing that you would go around telling players who his mortals character is?

hmmmm.....LOL If to reveal the names is for this motive ... then not!
Solbia Wrote:hmmmm.....LOL If to reveal the names is for this motive ... then not!

So you're saying that if the players motive was good, and he was trying to be "nice" to the staffmember by saying who the staffmembers mortal is, then the staffmember whom do not want it to be revealed would not be upset when the player is saying it in front of a lot of other players..?

- Hate

smoke

i have respect for gms i dont reveal them new gms or old gms even gms i hate i don't reveal them but really i find this rule really damn stupid. who cares if someone knows who you are if they bug you on mortal char you can decide to help or not, you don't owe them an explanation
smoke Wrote:i have respect for gms i dont reveal them new gms or old gms even gms i hate i don't reveal them but really i find this rule really damn stupid. who cares if someone knows who you are if they bug you on mortal char you can decide to help or not, you don't owe them an explanation

That's the problem some players think that you have to give them an explication.
Pages: 1 2 3