Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: "The Underlying Cause"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, let's all continue to ***** about a game that's 11+ years old.

I downloaded the game yesterday, installed the game this morning and removed it from my computer this afternoon. It was mainly due to the fact that I was reminded about all the countless hours I spent building characters and way too many hours spent trolling the forums. Could the decline in population be due to the fact that not that many people are interested in UO anymore? Hell, even the UOG population is slowly getting smaller.

People get old. People find better things to do with their time. Newer games such as WoW are much more appealing than UO.

Maybe one day someone will create a proper successor to UO.
Brandon Wrote:Yes, let's all continue to ***** about a game that's 11+ years old.

I downloaded the game yesterday, installed the game this morning and removed it from my computer this afternoon. It was mainly due to the fact that I was reminded about all the countless hours I spent building characters and way too many hours spent trolling the forums. Could the decline in population be due to the fact that not that many people are interested in UO anymore? Hell, even the UOG population is slowly getting smaller.

People get old. People find better things to do with their time. Newer games such as WoW are much more appealing than UO.

Maybe one day someone will create a proper successor to UO.

Do you want a cookie for installing and uninstalling in one day? your post have had nothin to do with this thread if you like WoW so much go play it for god sakes. Maybe some of us enjoy this game still. I myself have met alot of people i would never have met because of this game and i would liek to continue that because it is such a great game! doesnt matter how old the game is! I hate to say it but maybe were better off without you. And no matetr what MMorpg you play your gonan spend countless hours with it, your and idiot Good DAY SIR!
Don't say something that u have absolutely no clue about. I don't play at other server. My friends asked me for help there, and I'm helping, why not ? I never said I'm leaving IN-X, and I never did. I dont log in only cause its nothing to do here atm.
Oh, and also don't tell me what to do and i won't tell you where u should go;p

Edit: Believe or not, but I care about this server. Its my favorite PvP style, TDO's PvP isn't like that. And honestly I understand why TDO was made. Their server was friendly to PvPers, and they got shitloads of them there. But INX had ownage lead developer a day back then, and rest dev's are cool, this server has no bugs at all, proffesional staff(!) and I'd play here if we had at least 30ppl average online. But some time ago it was absolutely staffless and playerless server. Well, now i see that dev's and taran actually trying to make something for new players, so, maybe this server still has a chance
Paulie Wrote:Do you want a cookie for installing and uninstalling in one day? your post have had nothin to do with this thread if you like WoW so much go play it for god sakes. Maybe some of us enjoy this game still. I myself have met alot of people i would never have met because of this game and i would liek to continue that because it is such a great game! doesnt matter how old the game is! I hate to say it but maybe were better off without you. And no matetr what MMorpg you play your gonan spend countless hours with it, your and idiot Good DAY SIR!

Isn't it ironic?

Oh noes! I'm supposed to feel intimidated now? :Confusedhivers:: Oh good sir, you win the internet.

Blah...

I don't play WoW. The constant grind and quests get old well before the 14 day trial is up.

The thread is about why the population is so small. This game is over 11 years old. Most of us aren't 13 anymore. People like flashy graphics and land filled with thousands of people to grief.

I too like UO. But I know I am not alone when I say I don't feel like spending hours upon hours building up a character when I've already done it many times. I logged on hoping to find some interesting places to explore. But I quickly realized I had seen it all before. It doesn't "feel" like IN.

And yes, I would like a cookie. Preferably chocolate chip. Don't forget the milk.
there is nothing wrong with my post and i actually was trying to direct it to okan's post. , but posting and spitting on uss the same thing over and over is not going to help thats what i was trying to say.

alot of usseless writting down here, il pass on replying ..
Bah, For me this server have just one chance to get alive and it is when the emails come out.
And the only way to help it happens is PAYING A SERVER FOR A YEAR or six month.

I dont see Yankovic or any other staff talking about whats going on or how is going the things to get the new hard on XS4ALL have months ( All I say is, we gonna send email out when we get the new hardware, But when it gonna happen what you doing to make it happen, Dont understand me wrong I just wanna know whats going on.)

Thats why a lost the hope on getting a new hard from there and thats why I think the only way to get a good hardware and give the last shoot to bring players to here is paying.

P.s: I dont have money so I cant make it happen Sad .
Ryuuku Wrote:Bah, For me this server have just one chance to get alive and it is when the emails come out.
And the only way to help it happens is PAYING A SERVER FOR A YEAR or six month.

I dont see Yankovic or any other staff talking about whats going on or how is going the things to get the new hard on XS4ALL have months ( All I say is, we gonna send email out when we get the new hardware, But when it gonna happen what you doing to make it happen, Dont understand me wrong I just wanna know whats going on.)

Thats why a lost the hope on getting a new hard from there and thats why I think the only way to get a good hardware and give the last shoot to bring players to here is paying.

Yanko has been trying to get the guy who is in charge of exchanging the HD for alot of time it's true, we (staff) have been getting impatient lately and can't wait any longer....... but all we can do , the best for uss is to wait patiently.... we have discussed this idea of paying for a temp server but we came to the point that is better to wait ;/
There isnt any lag right now for people playing, and unless we get the population up to 50-80ish average there still wont be lag. New server would be good but its not essential to start trying to build up playerbase. If we can get 50 average from the low pop we have now I think that'll prolly mean when emails go out a lot of people will enjoy the shard and continue playing.
The staff are making a good effort here to fix things up and improve gameplay, cant expect more then that for a free service eh? Big Grin

Oh btw, tiesto plz step on this scale, if you weigh as much as this duck, we're setting you on fire. Sorry.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]lots of love in this thread Big Grin

Please remember that the staff also do alot of "invisible" work like testing out new weapons/events/quests on a "staff only server replica" and this work is nearly never appreciated.

rewamping the staff team i doubt would solve much problems in the end or at all.

and thanks for the people who still remember me Smile[/COLOR]
Jiraiya Wrote:There isnt any lag right now for people playing, and unless we get the population up to 50-80ish average there still wont be lag. New server would be good but its not essential to start trying to build up playerbase. If we can get 50 average from the low pop we have now I think that'll prolly mean when emails go out a lot of people will enjoy the shard and continue playing.
The staff are making a good effort here to fix things up and improve gameplay, cant expect more then that for a free service eh? Big Grin

Oh btw, tiesto plz step on this scale, if you weigh as much as this duck, we're setting you on fire. Sorry.

There is noone and neither hasn't been noone ever on this entire shard more active than me in some way, hosting events and answering pages that is a fact, so stop flaming me cause i hell don't deserve it.
Tiesto Wrote:There is noone and neither hasn't been noone ever on this entire shard more active than me in some way, hosting events and answering pages that is a fact, so stop flaming me cause i hell don't deserve it.

Er? I didnt flame you? I was joking.
Ah pardon me then :p i though everyone was still on me Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4