Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: *** Screenshot contest! ***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
makas client will play with the visual effects of uo. atleast thats what i understood last i spoke with him about it.

maka

You can change anything you want to server side with RunUO, but you cannot change lets say the graphics. If i wanted to add new hot keys in the client I couldn't change that through RunUO either. Not sure if you understand the examples, they are not particularity good, but I cannot explain the benefits of having the client source in an easy way:/

Having the client source, I could make a new game based on UO, just using RunUO I couldn't do that. I can't add "features" that are not in the client already cause the client "speaks" with RunUO.

For example, I could program a voice chat server with RunUO, but if I sent "voice" to the client, the client wouldn't know what to do with it.
It's the 26th and the thread is now closed.
I will pick some images and post them in a new thread, then everyone can vote on which they think should win.
Here are the images you can vote for: http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1310
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5