Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staff interference

Sometimes players send out unclear pages, such as "help me gm" or "sheep problem" or even a proper description sometimes requires further explanation from both player and staff.. When a problem can be solved via mere message, then thats how we will approach.

Xuma Wrote:It's like getting into a store, pass everyone that is on the line to pay, then the vendor asks you to go to the end of the line like everyone, and you go like "WTF? why are you interfering with my shopping? I want to write in the complains book! I was never treated like this on other shops I go".

I laughed my ass off reading this- thank you Big Grin

oh and he has a point

As far as the staff messaging you, or coming to you thing goes. I can understand times where a message can suffice, but sometimes I'll get a message, and I'll have a reply or another question, and have to page again.

I prefer staff coming and talking, and I don't think it's a problem. I think it also shows that they can take time away from what they're doing so they can assist you; that's always welcome.

I'll single Vulcan out, 'cause he answers a majority of my pages. He always comes to me within a decent period of time, and doesn't leave until everything is taken care of. And I appreciate that.

And for that person/people who attacked someone talking to a staffer -
What's the matter with you? It should be common sense to not touch a person if he's talking to a staffer. I don't care if it's a guild war, or you are PKing, it doesn't matter.
When someone is talking to a staff member, by all means, they should be safe. It sounds like Vulcan handled the situation pretty well considering the circumstances, I've staffed on plenty of servers and have had the same thing happen, and I can say that I would've done much worse Tongue

-Chinklomat

I would have mass killed the pkers. On In1 the staff never lost respect for that kind of thing.. to attack a player while a GM is helping him solve issues it beyond rude. The proper response would be:

1. Warn
2. Kill
3. Jail

The people who don't listen on purpose are testing their ground with the gm's they just can't wait to get jailed so they can come in the forum and ***** like mad. They didn't attack the guy because he was around, they attacked him specifically because a GM was there.. that was the whole point most likely... to cause conflict.. damn kids.

I liked the .stone command on IN1 had it as a hotkey when i GM'ed there. So usefull to just turn someone into stone, they couldent move, talk, use skills or be harmed. a super command.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

We actually have that command here as well
*grins*