Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

In-game Auction System

-edit- I just re-read Shade's post and the system may actually work the way I'm talking about below, but I'd like to hear his feedback on whether it works this way or not so I'm leaving it in:
=========================

I think that an auction system in the way most people think of it will be worthless. I don't know why, it's just a gut feeling that a system where you have to bid and wait for the item won't be popular.

What I think will be *amazingly useful* is some sort of system *like* an auction house that will let players browse all the items that are listed on vendors, and be searchable (or at least separated by type.)

So, for instance, if someone lists 10 items on their vendor, those items can be bought through the vendor as normal, OR they can be found through the vendor searching system.

As for how you want to handle buying, there's a couple of options.

One: People click "buy" and the item appears in their pack from wherever they are.
Two: People are told which vendor has the item, along with the coordinates of where they are located at.

The first is obviously much more convenient, but it eliminates risk. The second one is more risky for the player, but eliminates convenience.

I personally prefer convenience over safty, because to be honest, how many times has someone been killed right after they buy something from a vendor. Usually you'll recall in with reflect up, detect hidden a few times, make sure noone's around, buy the item, then immediately recall out. Still no risk, but more hassle.

I *really* like this idea, but would like to hear others' feedback.

Messages In This Thread
In-game Auction System - by Shade - 03-25-2011, 10:43 PM
In-game Auction System - by Galdor - 03-31-2011, 09:55 PM
In-game Auction System - by Eru - 03-31-2011, 11:14 PM
In-game Auction System - by Halo Dalgion - 04-25-2011, 12:09 AM
In-game Auction System - by Habibi Jones - 09-09-2011, 04:47 AM
In-game Auction System - by Maximus - 02-25-2012, 07:06 AM
In-game Auction System - by Scare crow - 02-25-2012, 07:11 AM
In-game Auction System - by Carding - 02-25-2012, 01:57 PM
In-game Auction System - by Eru - 02-25-2012, 07:07 PM
In-game Auction System - by Taran - 02-25-2012, 07:23 PM
In-game Auction System - by Dracolith - 02-25-2012, 09:55 PM