Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rise of the Kattan Empire

In the distance the heavy drums of war can be heard. A new enemy to the people of Britannia can be seen on the horizon and with them they aim to bring about malice, cruelty, and pain to those who oppose them. Lead by a stern and wicked man known only as “The Collector” the army of the Kattan Empire wishes to decimate the cities and people under the rule of the Lord British Empire. As the time approaches when the world of Imagine Nation Xtreme begins to flourish and a new populace begin to take residence, only time will tell when this newly formed yet very cunning army will decide to reveal its true power. It will be up to you the players to decide who you wish to side with.

Will you fight for the king and true ruler of Britannia or will you break from the constraints of a worn and weary empire and fight to liberate the world of a now tired hierarchy.

Only time will tell.......

hehe pretty good story, ill be fighting for liberation when the server is up:lol:

il be watching at the war from a distance and film it =o

- regards, Fable

Azrael, how want you that it got presented when the shard goes life?
- Getting invasions of monsters?
- Reds destroying the city?
- Immortal Souls comming to brit?

But it i think it's cool to put a storyline into the game.

i think it will be a quest

On IN1 there would be monsters and if the monsters weren't all defeated the city would be taken. The fact that we can decide which side we're on may make it different though. It'll probably be reds vs people defending the city or something. There was a quest on IN with bad guys called the Black Guard. Was 10 characters who had like 300 STR and GM all skills. Everyone else could fight them and if you won you got a special dagger which they carried. I forgot how it was determined whether they took the city or not. But yeah just some background on how it's been done in the past.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

[SIZE="4"]My personal opinion about this, plus some talk about factions![/SIZE]

The whole Kattan storyline sounds a lot like factions from RunUO / OSI. My suggestion is that we use it that way - if it's only set as a quest at this point - because factions are one of the few things that I've been missing at TUS / Sphere, and at the new converted RunUO-To-Sphere-XUO.

I'd like it like this:

Kattan has their own lil town where they are growing and recruiting people, so that they can one day try to conquer Britannia. People can recruit themselves there at a faction stone, and then get points by killing players from the different faction (Britannia or whatever). By getting more kills they get faction points, and by getting more faciton points they get promoted within the faction and will get a title behind their faction-name saying what rank they are. They can either use the faction points to get a higher rank (and by having a higher rank be able to buy more unique items), or they can use it to upgrade to yet another higher rank for more unique items (but loose some of the faction points required to buy the unique item).

People whom are in a faction should not be able to be in a guild at the same time though I think.

We might have to remove some of the "OSI stuff" like getting control of your own town if you're the leader of a faction, or taking over enemy towns, but we could still keep some stuff like being able to buy some cool color horse with faction points, or whatever that is special for the faction.

I loved this future at a test server I played for a few weeks, and I think it could be a real fun thing at IN:X. I think a lot of players would love it actually. I haven't discussed this with the rest of the staff team yet, this is just my personal opinion, and I don't know if this is what Azrael is implanting, but I love factions, so keep an open mind and tell me what you think about it, because I'd love to see it on IN:X. After all Imagine Nation is a lil roleplayish, so I wouldn't say that it's out of the question to add it.

Tell me what you think players and staffmembers!

Regards,
Hate

If there will be like 2-3 city's by each faction, which they have to defence or conquer it would be some great idea. I think it would be awesome if everyone just needs to choose Kattan or Britania as example. So there will be a massive time of pk'ing. Crafters will supply the armies, when there is a need to. They could gain levels by creating a percentage of stuff for the ppl of their faction/crew.

People should try to defeat the other cities, by killing the defence of it and by switching some kind of portal or stealing a key. If the faction/crew succeed to conquer the city's from the other faction/crew and still be able to defend all of their own city's, they could get a kind of reward (it does not have to be important, could be some skirt, money, page on the website. Just some possible options).

When this is done, it can start over again. Or the other faction/crew need to conquer some of the city's to get some fame back as an faction.

Just some crap-talk :p, and maybe i have said some good shit within it.

this is up to the dev team and quest making staff to deside how this will work. ideas are great tough for you staff who want more information go to the staff section and read hes post =)

Odium Wrote:this is up to the dev team and quest making staff to deside how this will work. ideas are great tough for you staff who want more information go to the staff section and read hes post =)

Yeah I just wanted to give my personal opinion on this, plus some suggestions. But in the end it's up to the staffmembers working with this area at the shard to decide what to add and what not :]

Regards,
Hate

Quote:Yeah I just wanted to give my personal opinion on this, plus some suggestions. But in the end it's up to the staffmembers working with this area at the shard to decide what to add and what not

I would suggest you read the staff forums regarding this topic Hate, for the rest of you who cannot you will just have to wait and see what happens *Evil Grin*

As for what you posted Blackfog, This is not going to be a mere monster bash or one time event, and I would also like to emphasize that this is not only for pvpers as there will be a range of things to do for pvmers, crafters and even new players. I have done alot of pre-planning for this and many of the later INR players may recognise "The Collector" from a previous event I hosted on INR, I will only say that this was no accident his name is mentioned here and may give those who took part in the quest on INR a sense of where things were heading. Once the shard goes live you may start to see the beginnings of this story however it will not be until a later date when you see what is truly in store for you all because as I said this is something I have been planning for quite awhile and I want it to be done right.

Azrael Wrote:I would suggest you read the staff forums regarding this topic Hate, for the rest of you who cannot you will just have to wait and see what happens *Evil Grin*

Done & answered Wink