Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Xuo pvp? spamming.

i think people want it removed because they are not use to it just give it some time Wink and think of it this way if theres no spams duels would last so much longer people would be so defensive its not that fast you can tell when people are fsing if your really paying attention

Filter will do that for you, but then, you wont be able to hear/see other people that are out of LOS. Problem with your reuqest would be that if we implented it, there would be a few ways to abuse it so that your friends could tell you what the opponent is doing(A lot of people abused this on TUS XUO, was really really annoying).

Skorpion Wrote:I started pvping with the XUO style for the first time yesterday. After watching you realize how fast paced it is. Duels usually end quickly, I'm guessing not everyone I watched knew how to heal properly though. On IN1 it took three years for everyone to start carrying scrolls as a standard. I must agree that I was a little annoyed by all the spam.

But after fighting for a few hours I realized that it is a necessary part. What clicked for me was when I realized how crucial timing is when you're healing out of a dump. Its easy if you're spamming GH scrolls. But then I was always out of mana and a sitting target after the dump. In order to survive with the GH spell (far less mana and more hp regained) your timing has to be really good. This is pretty easy to accomplish if you can see when your opponent is attacking. With spam you don't know if they are going to start a dump so sometimes you have to heal as a precaution so you don't get caught with your pants down. I'm still learning and I'm sure there are many other reasons for spam but I don't really mind it now that I'm used to it.

I'm happy to hear that somebody has tested it and realized that it ain't all that bad :] *hug*

Regards,
Hate

smoke Wrote:i think people want it removed because they are not use to it just give it some time Wink and think of it this way if theres no spams duels would last so much longer people would be so defensive its not that fast you can tell when people are fsing if your really paying attention

I dont mind fake power words but its the spam...
Back in the days when i actually could pvp people had one button with 10 rows of spam which they pushed every second which is hella annoying and rediculous.

You dont need the fake words to be a good pvper or even win tournaments.
I won tons of tournaments even though everyone spammed down my screen.
Sure sometimes i threw away a fake kal vas flam just to make the opponent waste their mana or drink a put.

But the spam is really unnecessary...

Fallzone Wrote:I dont mind fake power words but its the spam...
Back in the days when i actually could pvp people had one button with 10 rows of spam which they pushed every second which is hella annoying and rediculous.

You dont need the fake words to be a good pvper or even win tournaments.
I won tons of tournaments even though everyone spammed down my screen.
Sure sometimes i threw away a fake kal vas flam just to make the opponent waste their mana or drink a put.

But the spam is really unnecessary...

What I'm defending isn't rows and rows of fakewords, it's actually tricking your opponent that you're casting another spell than you are casting, to scare him and make the duel a lot more interesting.

The most fun isn't to actually spam, it's to play against a person who spams in a good way. Reading the opponent adds a lot more challenge, and if you're good at it you'll feel a lot better winning over him. Tricking him with fake spells and counter attacking / reflecting or whatever in a cool way is also fun tho.

I'm not saying people can't win without a spam when fighting spam, I'm just saying that it's way more boring, and duels tend to take a lot longer since it's way easier for the other guy to heal out of your attacks if they know when they're coming. So by letting the opponets use the spam, but not using it yourself, you just give them an handicap. However if both of you use it it'll be a duel that requires more skill than a duel when none of you would be using it, and the more still required, and the more advanced tecniques that can be used, the more fun the duel will be.

Regards,
Hate

Griffen43 Wrote:Hi, I was on the Beta sever testing out some functions for me and 4 friends to play. I happen to notice the pvp is very fun and balanced but i also noticed most duelers who are confident in they're skills super spam words of power non-stop. I might get flammed for this but i think it reduces the pvping here into a game of chance instead of a game of skill, becuase of not knowing what spell is coming and reacting to they're action.

you got it totally wrong. the fact that you can spam to cover your spells makes it more of a game of skill because you have to understand what the other person is doing instead of reading their what spell they are casting and knowing that in turn you have to heal.

Skorpion Wrote:With spam you don't know if they are going to start a dump so sometimes you have to heal as a precaution so you don't get caught with your pants down. I'm still learning and I'm sure there are many other reasons for spam but I don't really mind it now that I'm used to it.

very true, spam creates opportunities and the possibility for new techniques.

check this example out guys

this is a duel with no spam

*big hit*
fs
fs
fs

oh he is fsing me, just maybe i should heal

gheal scroll
gheal
gheal
gheal

and it starts over same thing again and again

duel with spam:

*small hit*

spam
spell
spam
spam

what you think: hmm did he just spam, or did he cast an fs, a lightning, magic reflect, or what? i think i should heal so he doesnt kill me.

Skorpion Wrote:I think an important suggestion for maka though is if powerwords spoken with the [wop command can be filtered from the journal. IE your journal doesn't get spammed with powerwords. It's annoying when I miss what someone said and I can't scroll up my journal because two seconds later it's been pushed off the top. Perhaps the power word limit and the filter you spoke of would help but if this could be done It'd be wonderful. Thanks.

I like this idea of filtering words from the journal, but people would open their journal and look there to see what spells people are casting so it would have the same effect as no spamming. plus what maka said.

i think yet again one inr player or another wants to change a xuo aspect of INX. the beta has been up for roughly 2 days... i dont want to see people trying to change more stuff until you've seriously played on it for atleast a week, this is just ridiculous.

DeNiro, im not gonna flame you like you are probably thinking when you saw i posted here. i like your idea of having 1 event with this system of yours, just i think players might get confused over which is the real pvp system. plus i would hate to see people say omg i just died to a newb because i tried that event with the other pvp.

np it was just a little idea i had, like an all vs all just for fun thing, but im sure you already have many many good events already

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would you actually want to play on a shard where you cant see peopel cast at all, but instead listen for sounds? not to mention it would take ages to script just for one test event...

Hi. i'm the original guy who posted this thread and here are my thoughts after reading all the replys. please read and tell me what you think.

I believe WOP shoundn't be blocked but spamming should.(please read my definition of what I mean by spamming)

I refer to spamming to constant WOP's coming out during the entire or majority of the duel.

I do agree with the idea of shooting out a line of "3-5" WOP spells. This is to mix up the enemy after a hit or randomly every so often to trick the enemy to drink a potion or cast heal/refelct on themselves.

Just please dont allow it so you can constantly speak WOP so your 3 lines of text when chatting is always full of some WOP during the duel.

thank you

10 WOP's every 4 seconds is very reasonable.

oh not to forget the [filter command will also help us laggers out. I suggest you wait till all of this is implemented before bitching.

I'm with Skorpion on the journal thingy. I'm one of those who always have my journal up and likes to check it out every now and then and sometimes I really need it cause some people use such stupid font colors sometimes that almost are invisible to the eye but visible in the journal.

The thing with the spamming is that all the spam makes it totally impossible to go back and read whatever that person said. A little suggestion to what Skorpion said would be that you could remove powerwords from the journal entirely. That way you'd never get a spammed journal. I dunno if this feature would be possible to script but I can't think it wouldn't be.

[Image: 186317photonp2.gif][Image: rendered_yoshi.gif]
[COLOR="Wheat"][SIZE="2"]Cochise[/SIZE]
The Ultimate Skill Biatch
Want anything crafted? I'm your guy![/COLOR]