Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advertising and IN:X player base (got doubts? read!)

Well, I'm sure a lot of people are curious how many players the shard will have when we finally launch. Considering that we have 264 votes on the poll, that there is massive activity on the forum and how I’ve scripted the shard, I'd say that we will beat 150 players online first week quite easy. Now here comes the interesting part.

We have gone through the ONO(maybe 1 year ago since it went down) and Tus XUO acc file for emails. So far we have found about 4k unique emails from people that use to play Sphere .51 servers and we plan to use these emails to let people know about us. Telling them about the IN:X stability, Sphere .51 game play and about the great community will definitely bring a lot of players here. Now assuming that we only reach about 1% of the players, which most likely will be more, we still manage to get 40 players interested. Hate will hopefully share the NG emails with us, which also is quite many, and I'll check with Coldrake if he has some emails from some old IN1 players.

Now, even if we would disregard the in game emails (which I think will lay on around 6k), we would still have the XUO and IN forums emails. I think that IN:R had about 3k registered users and XUO had about 2k, this means additional 5k users that we will reach.

Assuming it all works out well, I'd say we will have about 10k unique emails. All of these are obviously not UO players and some of the emails might be to the same people, but counting on the 1% rule, we would still get about 100 players.

Counting with the mouth to mouth advertising, which always is the best, I'd say that IN:X will have a pretty good startBig Grin

Feel free to ask questions or say what ever you want to say.

PS: I hope that this idea doesn't upset anyone somehow.

keep up the good work

[Image: dextermorgancq0.jpg]

damn thats alot of emails lol

Ztoke (also know as Admin Hate from NG) has agreed to share the emails with us, this means that we will be able to reach additiona old school players to let them know that we are here. He is not sharing the acc files, so don't worry guys, they are safe, he is just sharing the emails.

Even though we have this great way of advertising the server, you can't do it without you guys. Word of mouth is always the best way to let players know that we are here, help us grow further more!Big Grin

Maka, finally you have listened to me! I love you Big Grin

So then it sounds like there will be around 40-50 players on most of the time. That's cool!! Alot more to do and alot more pvp!! Possibility of more events too?

Athos:icon_twisted: :icon_dance:

I'm not going again for a 50 playerbase, I stand in my rights to say we need to get a playerbase of 150 again or more

And I still stand by my statement that there will be more than that coming for the lauchTongue With the emails I'm aiming for 250, even if that might be a little wish thinking.

i bet we will have atleast a playerbase of 100 most of the time, if not moreConfusedurprised:

- regards, Fable

Hell no we aren't going to get 250.

We're going to get 350! :happy:

This is a signature.

Gotta love this shard Smile u are doing a great job guys Wink keep doing it Tongue

You gotta love me to for this idea. I came up with it on Xuo already, a few weeks ago.