Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wanted: Taming Guide

I've played Ultima Online for 10+ years, but never once tried the art of taming. Any help?

This is how I trained Taming on IN:X. It works the same way here but I'm not sure if this is the quickest/easiest way to do it. But anyway here it goes:

1 - Get a few mounts, like 20/25.
2 - Trap them in your house, surrounded by some tables or whatever.
3 - Make a taming macro for each of them and let it loop.

This will give you a several hours of macroing. Everytime you check the computer you might want to shrink all the ones you tamed because those are useless now.

4 - After you tame all those 20/25, go get some more 20/25 and repeat everything again.
5 - Do this until you are GM! Good luck!

Wink

Would you have to make a macro with 20/25 entries to tame each or is there an easier way? If you shrink them and release, wouldn't that make them harder to tame again?

Having a macro with 20/25 entries will assure you that you try to tame each of of them in every loop. You could create a macro with target by type but by the time you start having tamed animals in those 20/25, it would increase the probability of trying to tame the already tamed ones, making you "lose" training time. You shrink them because, once you manage to tame them, you wont be able to train on them anymore, seeing they will remember you as master.

There is an easier way to go about this. Get a couple rare rides (mustangs, zos, colored zos, colored llamas, etc.) and just macro on them until you end up taming them both. This will take you a long time. From that point on just hunt down rare rides in the wild and tame them all. Good luck! Sell me rides when you're done Tongue

That's what I'm doing Wink

So your skill gains come from attempts and not success?

Mord Wrote:So your skill gains come from attempts and not success?
Yes

Get an alt character and buy a few horses and tame them all put the horses in your house wait for them to "un tame" then get your main tame them and switch back and forth it's what I did. Smile

you can also just use the command all release after you have set them free. Then you won´t have to wait.

I believe the animal will remember you right away even when released if you once tamed it.
Just like what sphinx & habibi mentioned.
You can buy high end expensive rides that are hard to tame and take hours or days to tame them at lower skill, repetition is what your looking for.
You can also run around the world looking for rare rides in random parts of the forests, caves, dungeons, swamps and much more.
Rides can only be tamed 5 times (5 Tamers)

The all release command is if you buy and unshrink a animal. If you use that command you won´t have to wait for ages untill it goes untamed before you can start taming it.