Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This is fun

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/404551

I proposed this IDEA too taran on the last server..

Everyone laughed and brushed it off Smile

I said lets make UO with little mini games like starcraft...

That is exactly like marine defence or turret defence on starcraft..

Haven't played starcraft 2 in a few months, forget the names but they have similiar things like Tower defence and what not Smile

Good idea tho, it is fun, Smile now how to implement it into IN

I think it'd be pretty easy to to with XMLSpawners. Lots of testing and fiddling though.

You'd have to have something to protect with multiple graphics to show how damaged it is, then spawners to update the itemID when a monster gets near and delete the monster once it gets to the tower you're defending. I guess you could just update the hue of the tower/core that you're guarding to go from green to red.

Then you'd need some tiered spawners that slowly ramp up the number of monsters released as more are killed with waypoints to tell the monsters where to walk to. (toward the tower).

Then, players would just have to kill the monsters that are advancing before they make it to the tower, or paralyze them, etc.

For the prize, you could have a magically locked treasure chest in the tower and another spawner that is adding loot to it a little bit at a time, so like every 3 minutes, it adds a new loot bag, then when the game is cleared or the tower is destroyed, the spawner unlocks the chest.

Hm you should totally make one up for Murrdah Smile lolWould be fun

Eru Wrote:I think it'd be pretty easy to to with XMLSpawners. Lots of testing and fiddling though.

You'd have to have something to protect with multiple graphics to show how damaged it is, then spawners to update the itemID when a monster gets near and delete the monster once it gets to the tower you're defending. I guess you could just update the hue of the tower/core that you're guarding to go from green to red.

Then you'd need some tiered spawners that slowly ramp up the number of monsters released as more are killed with waypoints to tell the monsters where to walk to. (toward the tower).

Then, players would just have to kill the monsters that are advancing before they make it to the tower, or paralyze them, etc.

For the prize, you could have a magically locked treasure chest in the tower and another spawner that is adding loot to it a little bit at a time, so like every 3 minutes, it adds a new loot bag, then when the game is cleared or the tower is destroyed, the spawner unlocks the chest.

some how add all spells in? hahaha or half... like poision... cure... heal. bahahha im thinking too much

The way I was thinking would depend on players protecting the tower. Giving people the ability to plant protective units would be more difficult.

The thing that springs to mind would be to have the attacking guys drop a currency that can be used at the tower to buy defense units that are basically items that are added in that look like little mages, etc (shrunken mobile item IDs). Then another spawner could search for those, then if it finds one laying around somewhere, it would delete it and add the appropriate unit in its place.

To get it to attack the attacking units, you could use the 'team' functionality that's built into the mobile class. Mobs of different teams will attack each other, so just set the defending units to team1 and the spawning monsters should be team0 by default. Not sure, really.

I don't have the time to make it myself, but I do like throwing the ideas out there. Here's the reference sheets I always used when poking at spawners if anyone's interested in trying:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rd5omkah661hj...er2doc.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rd5omkah661hj...awner2.txt

I would just make the area for towers like an empty space to run around in as monsters try and run by, all players get aharm spell or something and have to harm everything to death and work as a team, and who ever gets the kill shot or something gets a point and points you get add up at the end for a prize or something, might be a lamer easier approach lol.