Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Releasing scripts

just happened to see IN in my book marks and decided to stop by. Funny that im fixing a old computer of mine that I used to use as a server for UO years ago. Still has everything on it but was run on a Sphere server.. I look forward to throwing this on it and just getting in there to take a walk down memory lane..

julito maraña chusco Wrote:who reopen IN:X ?

we think about it, but need more work, if Tarana or Eru help with world for 1st stage Smile
But we not think what In-X its be good re-release, need make good world with old ppl and old friends etc.

ps: Better choise it admin run older server on xs4all server Smile for fun

I'd be interested to know what the most popular scripts were for players on imagination, and would be willing to maybe put a few on diamont server. What did people like the best about imagination?

midnight Wrote:What did people like the best about imagination?

Playing with people that played on IN a decade ago.

Brandon Wrote:Playing with people that played on IN a decade ago.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I uploaded the wrong mul files (statics and artwork) the first time, so if you downloaded Muls.zip please download it again.

I'm working on the world files and will upload that soon.

Here's the world save without accounts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55ae4dkzs5h6a5s/Saves.zip
Updated the Readme on Github as well.

midnight Wrote:I'd be interested to know what the most popular scripts were for players on imagination, and would be willing to maybe put a few on diamont server. What did people like the best about imagination?

pvp..

igor Wrote:pvp..

Could you expand on that? Was there a custom pvp script? or was it similar to OSI. currently we don't have a lot of pvp, since there are less that 50 players, but I would like to tailor pvp to be what players want, even if it's different from osi.

midnight Wrote:Could you expand on that? Was there a custom pvp script? or was it similar to OSI. currently we don't have a lot of pvp, since there are less that 50 players, but I would like to tailor pvp to be what players want, even if it's different from osi.

It was replicating Sphere .51a type of PvP. No precast, only few spells could be fizzled, mana pots and slow mana regen in combat without potions. It wasn't just a script, it was a whole system overhaul. I suppose you could implement it but it'd be quite a lot of work. Taran has put the scripts up at Github so you could check those out if you need any extra info on that but I have to warn you, it is a very big system overhaul from base RunUO system. You would basically have to go all in if you'd want to please the playerbase that liked the PvP in here and even then there would be no guarantee those players would like the end results and join. If I remember right, when this place closed its doors there wasn't all that many players around anymore anyway.

Cana Wrote:If I remember right, when this place closed its doors there wasn't all that many players around anymore anyway.
Yeah, though we had a consitent 30-60 before we got that insane spike that took us up to 250 for a few months, then it trickled down from there back to the levels it was at before. I still wonder what caused the sudden spike in interest... I still assume that it was people hitting max level in SWG and getting bored b/c there was nothing to do.

I can't wait for the server to be up Big Grin

well the first decent replica