Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New guy in the forums!

Hello everyone. I was surfing the net for UO stories, and I came accross Imagine Nation. I read that your current home was closing it's doors for good, and I read the players posts about wanting to stay together. I would like to take this opportunity to invite each and every one of you to my ultima online shard, UO: Iron Ages. I opened this shard to the public on 10/30/12 with hopes of seeing flocks of people fighting to get in, but I soon realized that, "just because you build it ... doesn't mean they will come", unless you advertise. My server takes place in the AOS era, but keeps alot of the previous versions charm. You will find Necromancy and Chivalry, even pet slots, but you will not find any neons, crazy colored mounts, ninjas and samurai, elves, or even gargoyles. Again I would love to see you all make an appearance, and maybe bring a friend. If your interested in the shard, i would suggest going to my site at http://ultima8onlin6.wix.com/iron-ages#!, and if your not interested I hope that we can just be friends. I love reading stories of people's experiences in Ultima Online, because it reminds me of all the great times i've had in my years as well. Also you can join us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/UOIronAge. Looking forward to seeing or hearing from you all!

p.s.
It's best to use the UO client on my site, its version 6.0.1.10 and wont cause you any client crashes.

I do appreciate seeing all the views ive gotten so far on this post, but it kills me not to see any comments on it. Flame me or praise me.. just say something lol!

i will have to check it out...

i dont like that the food /drink affects.. but at hte same time i do.

Got some interesting ideas under the features. Tongue I like the idea of having the spells be rare. Are they all quested for or just random monster drops?

I like the "Shrouded Figure" thingy also along with only one guarded city Big Grin

Thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it. This shard is basically geared to be a Roleplaying server first and foremost, and secondly a pvp shard. Im hoping for a good combination of the two. I plan on having some of the lower end spells be quested, but a majority of the spells are from random monster drops.. basically easy monsters= low spell circles, hard monsters= higher spell circles.. much greater (yet still rare) chance to drop low circle spells and much more rare chance to drop higher circle spells.

Sounds fun. Tongue I'm pretty burned out on UO though after helpin' run this place for so long. I'm playing the heck out of Minecraft and FFXIV beta though. Tongue