Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Razor Lockpicking Macros

Put this somewhere in your razor macro (I cant find the macro even tho its in my razor)

if (SysMessage "the lock quickly yields")
Double Click Keyring (Converted DType)
Wait for target
Absolute Target (box 1) (I Put TargetbyType)
End if

This is the one that I made. The most important part of GMing lockpicking quickly and cheaply is to make the lockable box with a character with low level tinkering and carpentry. The skill level of the crafter makes it more difficult to pick the lock, so you will go through many, many lockpicks trying to GM it with a high-level box, but you can probably GM on less than 10 lockpicks (maybe even one) with a low level box.

Before starting the macro, set the appropriate targets (box, keys, etc) and press play. This is what it does:
1) Double Click Key (If the box is locked, it will say you can't reach it or something similar)
2) Target Box (Locks the box if it's not locked since you could use the key, otherwise does nothing)
3) Double-click lockpicks by type
4) Targets Box

That repeats and shouldn't waste very many attempts on an unlocked box. Soma has a really good macro, but sometimes I've had problems with Razor triggering multiple times off of the same message, so if you noticing that happening, you can try this one instead. I haven't tested that journal message bug in ages, so hopefully it's fixed by now.

Copy this, save it to a file named Lockpicking.macro and place it where Razor keeps its folders.
This is usually: [i]%appdata%/Roaming/Razor/Macros[i]

Alternatively, the Patcher can install the full set of suggested macros if you select the option from the tools menu.
As of this posting, the patcher is still extracting to the old Razor folder, which Razor doesn't check since the last Razor update

Quote:!Loop
// READ THIS: You'll want a character with *LOW* tinkering and carpentry to create a lockable box. Otherwise, you will break *MANY* lockpicks and the macro may not even work.
//Place the key inside the lockable box.
// Retarget Next Line to Box's Key
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1084974790|4110
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2000000
// Retarget Next Line to Locked Box
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1084974789|127|90|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|5372|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2000000
// Retarget Next Line to Locked Box
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1084974789|127|90|0|2474
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04

How do you make a lockable box with low carp and tink..? I thought the only lockable containers you could make were chests which you need 70 carp?

Pretty much any container you can make with carpentry is lockable if it's a box or crate of some kind. Obviously barrels and kegs aren't lockable.

do you mean able to be locked down, or lockable?

Able to be locked with a key. You'll get a message like, "your skill was sufficient to make the item lockable" and it is created with a key inside.