Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Will one of you active Game Masters please stop the spamming?

Har har!

They just did it again. Either they were disconnected or quickly realized in-game isn't there and Belgar isn't their target audience.

Code:
02:56    Guest_953    OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
02:56    Guest_953    OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

And I thought I had too much time on my hands.

[Image: EfyAT.png]

Remaining accounts banned and IP added to firewall.

Loki - answer my page :O

I'm currently at work Cacuo Tongue

Loki Wrote:I'm currently at work Cacuo Tongue

Lies. I don't see your name on the status page.

Loki Wrote:I'm currently at work Cacuo Tongue

ok will you answer it when you get back then please Smile

Nasir Wrote:Could the staff have done more? **** yes, they could have.... but nothing would have prevented the player drop. ...not on a server that emulates the state of the game over a decade ago and a playerbase comprised of nostalgia seeking eFriends.

it's funny how wrong you can be and yet you keep going on with the same bullshit excuses about '' an old game '' that supposly cant keep players around for too long , yet Ultima online is more than 12 years old now , and you still have countless of very popular servers out there. I can also name you at least a dozen of old games that still keep their share of community by staying active , transparent about the future , and simply by 'caring' about their product.

I'll just state my personal experience about IN and why i quitted this server 2 weeks after joining ;

I first joined this server thinking that the goal was to reproduce an oldschool working sphere server with some of the customs rules and pvp changes that we all used to love on those sphere era custom servers back then ( i mainly played xuo , alias mortal , novus opiate )

But then what i realised is that this server is nothing i wanted , and is basicly broken on all aspects;

- The economy is totally broken due to custom armor system wich is controlled by afk gatherers. ( and GM's arent actually enforcing the afk gathering rule like on the other server i played , on those server it was an immediate ban , or you'd get your bank erased. that discouraged people to afk gather , but here in IN , everyone just afk gather their money and after a few months , the economy basicly ceased to exist. )

- the new pvp system was very badly implemented , and moreover , loki havent took the time to balance that new system , leaving tons of new players at a disavantage against older veterans , wich is very bad in a full loot pvp game where you can steal your opponents time and goods. it creates an enormous gap between new players and veteran basicly , and in a small community ,you want everyone to be able to enjoy the game simply or you wont keep them for long.

- The events were very fun but the rules were not clear enough , i love the auto-events too until griefing occured constantly ( with no gm to enfoce the rules ) and when they tried to actually change the auto event to make it pve only , the auto-event broke and we couldnt even do those. ( not to mention that one of those event simply didnt work . )

So in the end , what do we have here with IN : UO ? a broken server with broken pvp , no economy , No crafting ( i dont call afk crafting an activity ) and inactive staff members ( i left a ticket unanswered for several days , this is simply wrong ) . Now answer me , why would anyone want to play and invest time and money in a broken server that even the gm's and admin do not seem to care about anymore ?

This is why you lost more than 90 players in the last 2 month. I will also add that some players , gms and admins here just have a shitty attitude to begin with , and that also does'nt help to keep players around.

Galehaut Wrote:I first joined this server thinking that the goal was to reproduce an oldschool working sphere server with some of the customs rules and pvp changes that we all used to love on those sphere era custom servers back then ( i mainly played xuo , alias mortal , novus opiate )

We never claimed to emulate any of those servers, we emulate IN1 which was a sphere 51a server. I actually don't know much about any of those servers so I have no idea what you were expecting.

Quote: - The economy is totally broken due to custom armor system wich is controlled by afk gatherers. ( and GM's arent actually enforcing the afk gathering rule like on the other server i played , on those server it was an immediate ban , or you'd get your bank erased. that discouraged people to afk gather , but here in IN , everyone just afk gather their money and after a few months , the economy basicly ceased to exist. )

When we catch people they generally get jail and all their armour and ingots nuked. We don't usually ban (unless it is a multiple account situation) because the playerbase is low and that sort of thing would make it even lower.

Quote:- the new pvp system was very badly implemented , and moreover , loki havent took the time to balance that new system , leaving tons of new players at a disavantage against older veterans , wich is very bad in a full loot pvp game where you can steal your opponents time and goods. it creates an enormous gap between new players and veteran basicly , and in a small community ,you want everyone to be able to enjoy the game simply or you wont keep them for long.

I'd love more detail on this, and I'm not saying that to be argumentative, I'm saying it because I don't understand. Almost all the changes made benefited people on the mid to lower end of the scale equipment-wise. The only type of PvPer it causes significant issue for is people who are trying to scroll whilst totally naked, which I'm okay with.

If armour is so plentiful from AFK gatherers then people should at least be able to wear 35-40AR which is more than enough to avoid 90% of the low AR penalties in the system. Also the benefit for top end gear is extremely limited to the point that a lot of richer players were actually complaining. We also reduced the need for pots (regen) and scrolls (by normalising a lot of spells with the spellbook). So if anything the changes should make it easier than ever to get a minimal level of gear and still be able to compete, if this isn't the case I'd love to know what the problem(s) are exactly.

Quote:gms and admins here just have a shitty attitude to begin with , and that also does'nt help to keep players around.

Have you been abused or treated badly by staff?

If by shitty attitude you mean we are all around 30 years old and can't play a video game all the time (because that's what it is, it's still a video game for the staff too, this is not our actual jobs) then I can't help you there.

Loki Wrote:If by shitty attitude you mean we are all around 30 years old and can't play a video game all the time (because that's what it is, it's still a video game for the staff too, this is not our actual jobs) then I can't help you there.

I wont theory craft here since you do not even seems to be enough open minded to accept my critics , and i personally dont want to waste more time trying to explain all this to you , for me it's a bit too late really.

And by the shitty attitude , i meant this exactly ; acting like a smart ass and not being objective about the whole matter.

Your last sentence just show what kind of general attitude you and your clique have on the server about anyone who would just want a gm to pass 10-15 minute per day on the server. but nowadays it's too much to ask you , and honestly at this point , you should just close the server instead of arguing constantly to defend your points , when you have none in reality.

Galehaut Wrote:I wont theory craft here since you do not even seems to be enough open minded to accept my critics , and i personally dont want to waste more time trying to explain all this to you , for me it's a bit too late really.

And by the shitty attitude , i meant this exactly ; acting like a smart ass and not being objective about the whole matter.

Your last sentence just show what kind of general attitude you and your clique have on the server about anyone who would just want a gm to pass 10-15 minute per day on the server. but nowadays it's too much to ask you , and honestly at this point , you should just close the server instead of arguing constantly to defend your points , when you have none in reality.

You're really reading my reply in a tone that it isn't written in, I have invited you to elaborate on a bunch of stuff, how is that not being open minded? If you are going to load my words with some negative connotation there isn't much I can do about that.

And I just think it is an important point, the staff are also players playing the game, just in a different way, if the game ceases to be fun for whatever reason (it gets old, constant abuse from players etc.) then why should they not take time to do something else in life? And honestly even if I was totally in love with UO, I wouldn't blow up all my real friendships and get fired from my job so that I can staff IN all day every day.

You seem to forget you're dealing with people, and not robotic staffing machines here for your pleasure. So as indignant as you wish to be, and how much you want to criticise my attitude, the attitude the playerbase has towards the staff has been pretty appalling over the course of the last year. Hell I'm surprised half the GMs didn't quit from the massive amounts of abuse they got at events alone.

injection / easy uo being allowed does not help the matter.

FLAME ON