Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GMs doing anything? another subject about player base way down!!!

ok as a new person checking out the imagine nation/description on http://www.xtremetop100.com/ultima-online. everything about the website, etc , seemed great. im trying to find a new home. I was excited untill I came upon this post. I am not even sure I want to join this server now. Very Discouraging. Ive never played this server before, ever. Theres things i check for, and posts like this is one of them.. playerbase posts probably #1 for me. I dont care if theres 200 players, as long as the playerbase isnt dwindling or has huge drops over time, then i move on and check if the main website has a News Section. I check if the news section is updated regularly. I also check the productivity of developers/etc if its in the forums or in the news section. If i see active developing / bug fixing, Thats a big plus. Then theres the features section (which matters a lot, because everyone has their own favorite features they like) But the first few things i listed are the most important. honestly i dont even know if i will try to play now. I dont mean to bring anyone down or the shard. I would rather posts like these be Deleted. I wish you guys success in the future.

gaffigus Wrote:I would rather posts like these be Deleted.

Deleting the thread really does nothing to address the issue. In fact, it'll only make things worse.

The problems will still be there, but people won't be discussing it because the thread will be deleted.

If your dog defecates on your floor are you going to clean up the mess or spray air freshener to mask the odor? Deleting a thread is like spraying air freshener. You can make it seem like there's nothing there. In reality you have a pile of poo and a room that smells like Mountain Breeze.

Belgar is a big pile of poo.

yeah seeing these posts are disappointing but doesnt mean the playerbase will die. There will always be a 15-25 people playing on the server... i know I am staying as a few other people. I really hope you give it a chance gaffigus.

We really don't like to go Gestapo on the playerbase and start squelching and censoring when it isn't 100% necessary. I know it may make us look bad if we let people say bad things about us but I hope it also makes us look good that we aren't unnecessarily heavy handed and we are willing to take criticism. We can't always do what the player(s) want but where possible we do take feedback on board.