Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How IN can get its groove back

Well you may not be aware but Eru and Echo tend to do work that is not seen by players. Vulcan quit for RL reasons but I do not think he made a goodbye post. This may explain some part of that problem.

Not many of us know this. Its just communcation that is also lacking right now :/. I am not dissing the GM's at all, its just they have been away more than i have seen since I started here that is all. I love all the gms and the great job they do.

Loki i spent 1 month trying to buy a static, Eru is active? maybe fixing tiny issues and thats where he fits, coz i've been msging Eru via Forum(since it's the faster way) and no reply yet, so even if they r active lately, there is another question...

Do they care about this? about the players?
Do they love UO? is this spark still on?

Even Taran could spend 1 hour week looking for a kid to spend 24h here has counselor, i know hes aware of this situation...

i feel like this shard is walking without any legs...

Gm's are active? Good joke... really good..

Loki Wrote:I'm sorry but no matter how much we put in to the server it won't prevent people trying other video games, UO is 13 years old, D3 is the newest shiniest game around, people will go and play it, what we hope is that they come back afterwards, expecting people not to try it is naive.

Also I'm afraid RL does get in the way, if you're working 9 hours a day including most weekends, have to spend time with your girl and also have other boring things to do (bills, cleaning, shopping etc. etc.) then sometimes you have to say - at this point in my life there is no time for UO - not least of all because even I have other interests... watching Euro 2012, playing tennis, seeing my friends etc.

Sorry if you have a life that means UO is more important, but you shouldn't sacrifice things that are important for UO, UO is there for when you have time for it, that's all it is. Remember, players are players, and staff are also players, they are just volunteers, staffing is not a job and you can't expect people to treat it with that sort of importance, sorry.

Why has the request for more staffers been mostly ignored? Please don't say they're all active. That's simply not true. You've said it yourself, people have priorities, and this and that. If some people can't devote a little time to UO then they shouldn't have accepted the position in the first place.

The admins have made no threads addressing the concerns of the players. There have been no announcements given that will at least instill a little hope into the few remaining players.

There's not much to look forward to in game. There are no planned events and no planned updates (none announced, at least).

It's confusing to say the least.

We players do our best to keep alive the shard, but we also need your presence online, even if only a few minutes every day...It is not possible to pass entire days without seeing even a GM ...if one in the long list of GMs can no longer play this role for several reasons, take a step back and give way to new volunteers...

New staff can't be added without Taran, who isn't that active right now, also it's not that easy, you can't just let anyone loose on the server with GM powers. As much as you think it sucks with inactive staff right now it would suck a lot more with staff who cheat and abuse their powers. It's tough for us to find appropriate people, people who know how to staff, who we trust, and who haven't broken any of the server rules or associated with people who have broken the rules, etc. etc.

Avatar_ Wrote:Loki i spent 1 month trying to buy a static, Eru is active? maybe fixing tiny issues and thats where he fits, coz i've been msging Eru via Forum(since it's the faster way) and no reply yet, so even if they r active lately, there is another question...

Since I don't have time for being ingame I don't know much about how active each staff member is (or inactive) but Eru has been on the forum intermittently so I guess he's also active ingame doing his xml spawners and quests and such like even if it isn't constant activity.

Quote:Do they care about this? about the players?
Do they love UO? is this spark still on?

Of course, but they also care about their jobs, partners, families and friends. UO is a game, even for the staff, I keep having to say this, but it should be obvious really. The fact is that even the simplest of tasks or pages can spill to take up hours of time, so can events, and it's pretty random, sitting down to do some UO staffing is a dangerous proposition if you are short on time. I don't staff right now because I can only spare a few minutes a day, which I use for the forum, to spend hours staffing right now would do damage to my job and probably cause problems for my social life. I daresay it is similar for other members of staff. Besides which, as volunteers they have the right to try other games or do other hobbies, no one signed away their life to staff IN. That said, the staff do still care, we put a lot of work in here but if there isn't time right now then that is it, just have to hope things tick over all right on their own for a while.

Quote:Even Taran could spend 1 hour week looking for a kid to spend 24h here has counselor, i know hes aware of this situation...

i feel like this shard is walking without any legs...

Last time Taran was around he tried to hire a Counselor but the only candidate had broken server rules in the past. Like I said above it is difficult to find the right person, and even if the right person exists (which I'm sure they do) if none of the staff knows that person or anything about that person it is hard for us to identify a candidate.

The fact is though that with auto-events, all the customisation we've put in, all the dungeons and spawns and the new PvP system, players should be able to find their own fun without the staff... If staff are inactive then ok, you may not be able to buy a static for a while (but most servers do not offer this service anyway) and there may not be any big events (but we have auto tournies and DMs, and premade quests, HK events etc...) but UO is full of things to do, if people have totally attached their fun to the staff then that is an unfair expectation...

We need two counselors or GMs from different time zones to revive the server. One from Europe, another from North America or Australia. I wish we had again 200 players online..

yes people will break the rules, yes people will do things.

Some people get power happy
Some people actually take the responsibilities well.
I have been a leader/ GM in many other games (just an fyi). Taran might not be active but there has to be some kind of little fixed that are needed, not 3 months after the fact. If the gms are not activtive, maybe its time to have new ones or more.
I am only trying to help out the best I can, I want to keep this server running.

Loki Wrote:The fact is though that with auto-events, all the customisation we've put in, all the dungeons and spawns and the new PvP system, players should be able to find their own fun without the staff... If staff are inactive then ok, you may not be able to buy a static for a while (but most servers do not offer this service anyway) and there may not be any big events (but we have auto tournies and DMs, and premade quests, HK events etc...) but UO is full of things to do, if people have totally attached their fun to the staff then that is an unfair expectation...

Hrmmm. I've played on every version of IN. It gets to a point where you've seen it all.

It gets boring training skills ALL the time. I've been to every dungeon in-game. I went through most of them. The few I haven't been through I didn't go through because I don't have anyone to explore with. Several I did go through completely and I was greatly disappointed because the end result was a mount spawn.

You can't participate in the auto-tournaments and death matches when there are no other participants. Using the quests as part of your argument is kind of silly since half of them do not even work.

Example: The Collector's Quest - Starting point: Inside a tavern at Ocllo docks.

Go to the docks in Ocllo and tell me what you see. It's like someone just copied/pasted the information and left it at that.

How are the quests a source of entertainment? When you've done them once there's pretty much no point in completing them again.

Yes, UO is full of things to do. However, a lot of the older players have done most of the available things to do. People look to the staffers to add new stuff, host events, and just generally boost morale. What's the point in sticking around when there's nothing to look forward to? It has reached a point where I am just running around to places I've been before to see if I may have missed something.

Oh yeah... Have you seen T2A? It's disappointing. There's really no point in going there. You'll find a few mobs here and there but for the most part it's barren.

I really don't understand the spawns in most places. It seems like it's just "filler". Run run run. BAM! Ogres, trolls, harpy, gazer. Run run run emptiness. Bam! Reapers, trolls, ettins.