Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add more staff members

Overdose Wrote:I started logging on recently though xd I know I probably won't solve all the issues we have now, but well I'll try do the best I can. Meanwhile I'd like to ask everyone - when you need assistance from a staff side and have to page, please try and provide any kind of information that will help the staff solve your issue even when you aren't in present. For example: "I need a bank box movement from X Y to X Y". I know sometimes it's not possible, but I also know that more than 50% of pages that aren't being answered, could've been if the player would provide the necessary information.

We obviously cannot be online everytime when a player needs help, and when we do log in and see pages like "GM come" we cannot really do much about it...

I'm still not able to use the static you sold me. Meh

I sent a message saying one of my doors doesn't lock. I got a reply from you asking for the coordinates. I only own one static and you set it up for me. I sent a PM on the forum with a screenshot of UOAM showing the location of the static. I think that was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I don't page anymore since I don't see a point. I just get frustrated when I see people in chat asking if there's a game master online, or when I see people pop up in IRC asking if this shard has any staff members. There's no one online to help them so all that can be done is tell them they're shit out of luck. Those people don't usually stay around long.

apologies, been a while since I've set it up and I barely remember where it was... Page as soon as you can, I'm in game right now and I'll try to log in tomorrow, so hopefully we'll solve your issue within next 24 hours xd

Overdose Wrote:apologies, been a while since I've set it up and I barely remember where it was... Page as soon as you can, I'm in game right now and I'll try to log in tomorrow, so hopefully we'll solve your issue within next 24 hours xd

No worries. It's par for the course. I was just using it as an example.

It's not even worth messing with anymore.

i've actually almost fixed it, missed the part where you said that you messaged me , haven't logged on this forum account for a while.. i'll place the key in your pack though, anyway..

edit: done i think... key is placed on your keyring.. I need to transfer house on you, but well, thats for tomorrow.. it's 6am around here and I must get ready for work ;o

Now honestly, I apologize I haven't been able to do it earlier, or rather I have been able to, but didn't do it earlier because of my inactivity. But I kind of got burnt out and was too tired of UO to keep on logging, everyone needs a break... I know server needs active staffmembers all the time to keep on running, but that wasn't my fault as I simply don't have access to hire new staff members. You can blame admins if you would like to, but I wouldn't. I think every single person who thinks our admins haven't done enough for the server would've burnt out and leave twice earlier because of constant complaints and boredom... And to add up I think that not many people are as experienced as our admins to develop the server like IN in first place, so we kind of lucky to have them... But thats only my opinion...

Yeah, I know I can be a dick. It's just sad seeing IN in its current state. People have been voicing their concerns for months. Then Taran goes silent, and then a few staffers come on saying they're working behind the scenes. It's a little insulting when every active player knows there are no active staff members. The whole situation is disheartening, especially when you've seen IN die several times in the past. Then to be told there will be no more game masters added when the shard is in dire need of game masters.