Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GMs doing anything? another subject about player base way down!!!

Avatar_ Wrote:Good point..! A week with new events/features plus skillgain could fix this issue...

...for a week at best.

I hate to say it, but making a commitment to a niche game server that has a dwindling player base is not the most constructive use of your time.

Cana Wrote:...for a week at best.

I hate to say it, but making a commitment to a niche game server that has a dwindling player base is not the most constructive use of your time.

Are you saying we all should leave the server? You got yourself a point there since so far only mortals been discussing whats the best for this playerbase problem...

Avatar_ Wrote:Are you saying we all should leave the server? You got yourself a point there since so far only mortals been discussing whats the best for this playerbase problem...

It's a little confusing. It makes you wonder why they continue to leave the server running.

Cana Wrote:...for a week at best.

you havent been where when it raised from 10 ppl to 200 have you? if not, then you have no room to talk. for those who are suggestion, we prob been here a lot longer than you. if i am wrong, then i am sorry but i do not recognize your name

kyleus3 Wrote:you havent been where when it raised from 10 ppl to 200 have you? if not, then you have no room to talk. for those who are suggestion, we prob been here a lot longer than you. if i am wrong, then i am sorry but i do not recognize your name

lol srsly? cana is one of the oldest of the oldskool. he was playing IN when you were still in diapers ;\

I think I've seen playerbase raise from 20 people online to 150 and then suddenly fall back to 20 enough times during past few years to realize that there can never be one single reason for this... Winter, some people got UO nostalgic, some kept playing through these years.. Eru made up a lot of interesting stuff, which indeed attracted people to the server. Hunter slayer, The shrines, Mercenary camp, quests to raise skills rather than only AFK macroing like it's done on almost every sphere server around... Server had a lot gameplay improvements to offer. The improvements that servers in the past could only dream about. This server was bugless (compared to the sphere servers that is.. I know people tend to complain a lot about the bugs lately, but the point is most just forgot how buggy it was on 51a.), because it was also properly scripted, which intook most of thre time.
So, what I'm trying to say is.. It's indeed an old game, and people get bored of it.. To keep somewhat decent playerbase playing the game they all have beaten multiple times already you have to keep working on the server non stop... Adding quests, items, updating functionality, fixing bugs... And getting fun meanwhile.. As soon as it's no longer fun or you get less freetime/better ways to spend it you start and get inactive...

i think more player come back when summer end, or around new year ^)

Avatar_ Wrote:Are you saying we all should leave the server? You got yourself a point there since so far only mortals been discussing whats the best for this playerbase problem...

Not really. I'm not telling everyone to jump the ship. It was my way of telling that if intention was to get playerbase up with staff involvement it would require some very dedicated staff members. So dedicated that half the people couldn't do it and half of the other half would say they could and wouldn't have the slightest idea what they are getting into. My way of telling it was extreme, but so is the level of dedication to make the kind of impact you are all looking for.

kyleus3 Wrote:you havent been where when it raised from 10 ppl to 200 have you? if not, then you have no room to talk. for those who are suggestion, we prob been here a lot longer than you. if i am wrong, then i am sorry but i do not recognize your name

I've played here plenty. This is a short for my IN1 name and I play here under different character names. Not going to get into dickwaving contest over who has been here the longest because that's irrelevant. What matters is current state of affairs.

Gang Wrote:I think I've seen playerbase raise from 20 people online to 150 and then suddenly fall back to 20 enough times during past few years to realize that there can never be one single reason for this... Winter, some people got UO nostalgic, some kept playing through these years.. Eru made up a lot of interesting stuff, which indeed attracted people to the server. Hunter slayer, The shrines, Mercenary camp, quests to raise skills rather than only AFK macroing like it's done on almost every sphere server around... Server had a lot gameplay improvements to offer. The improvements that servers in the past could only dream about. This server was bugless (compared to the sphere servers that is.. I know people tend to complain a lot about the bugs lately, but the point is most just forgot how buggy it was on 51a.), because it was also properly scripted, which intook most of thre time.
So, what I'm trying to say is.. It's indeed an old game, and people get bored of it.. To keep somewhat decent playerbase playing the game they all have beaten multiple times already you have to keep working on the server non stop... Adding quests, items, updating functionality, fixing bugs... And getting fun meanwhile.. As soon as it's no longer fun or you get less freetime/better ways to spend it you start and get inactive...

This is pretty much my opinion too. I just didn't feel like writing all that just to arrive to the simple conclusion that I underlined in the quote. Afterall, the topic is about how the current staff activity level relates to state of this server. There aren't many people who have such a level of dedication and who meet the standards that administration has set for recruiting. Nobody does this for a job. It's for fun. So, when something else comes up that needs their attention or something that they find more interesting they tend to disappear. Sometimes it's temporary, sometimes not.

I, for one, would like to see a dick waving contest. ;]]]]

Cana has arthritis.

like i said i wasnt sure who you were, again sorry. I wasn't going for who was here the longest, i was just stating a fact if you were NOT here when it was from 20-150-200 ppl then you cannot talk, but you were so I am not arguing with you

i think a lot of people want to make sure the GM's and Taran are committed to the server before they jump back into it. This is where I'm at. I don't want to jump back into it and dedicate my time when all signs are pointing towards the staff being kind of burned out.