Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GMs doing anything? another subject about player base way down!!!

Habibi Jones Wrote:How long does it take you to farm a million gold? Why don't you get a job at McDonald's? You can make $20 in 3 hours. You'll make a hell of a lot more money, it would take a lot of the burden off of your parents I'm sure...

Lmfao!

D3, UO... not same same....
Well... I guess they are in one way... you get to do the same thing over and over just in a shorter time frame.

D3 will die off and people will come back to UO again... its like crack, they need their fix.
But it is a 15 year old game... and when the next shiney new game (probably diablo 4 in another 10 years) people will go play that again to.
There is always something that brings people back to UO though.

Bruce Wrote:D3, UO... not same same....
Well... I guess they are in one way... you get to do the same thing over and over just in a shorter time frame.

D3 will die off and people will come back to UO again... its like crack, they need their fix.
But it is a 15 year old game... and when the next shiney new game (probably diablo 4 in another 10 years) people will go play that again to.
There is always something that brings people back to UO though.

there going to release expansions every 1-2 years like wow just with a different game style thus the reason for the level 60 cap but yeah they are different games just less relying on "other people" to have fun which is why it's so great.

@ habibi still sour and angry all the time must be because theres nobody to play with anymore Sad

Hey, sm0ke, tell some of those 100 people to come back to IN.

sm0ke Wrote:there going to release expansions every 1-2 years like wow just with a different game style thus the reason for the level 60 cap but yeah they are different games just less relying on "other people" to have fun which is why it's so great.

@ habibi still sour and angry all the time must be because theres nobody to play with anymore Sad

I have real life friends to play with Sad It's a lot more gratifying to share a good laugh with my friends than to laugh at you on these forums (albeit not by much). I know my advice to you has gone unheard in the past but I suggest you put on some sunscreen and go for a walk! Won't hurt to wear in those brand new Nikes that you bought with your D3 earnings. You are right though, I will always be sour towards you because you are the epitome of the term 'waste of life'. Game on though, have fun trying to make a living off D3 homie Wink

8)

Waste of life. Consider orally consuming bleach Sad

Habibi Jones Wrote:I have real life friends to play with Sad It's a lot more gratifying to share a good laugh with my friends than to laugh at you on these forums (albeit not by much). I know my advice to you has gone unheard in the past but I suggest you put on some sunscreen and go for a walk! Won't hurt to wear in those brand new Nikes that you bought with your D3 earnings. You are right though, I will always be sour towards you because you are the epitome of the term 'waste of life'. Game on though, have fun trying to make a living off D3 homie Wink

you make it seem like people who play video games intesely don't live or know what the outside world is, your hatred towards me just makes me laugh even more because if you think that I even care the slightest of what you type on these forums trying to bash me when the game you play is dying right before your eyes and like i've said it would countless times that's where you lose and resort to saying such silly things like "oh i have a life i go outside" good job everyone does even if they do play videos even as much as I do.

Your still playing video games at your age, bragging about working at a shit hole of a job just because I don't work and arguing with an irresponsible young adult on the internet on your spare time, you may want to look in the mirror and ask your self whose the loser lmfao sounds kinda of jealous if you ask me.

inb4 huge rant hatred post you do nothing go outside get a job blah blah blah get some new material and grow up already

[Image: baby2.gif]

Eru Wrote:We're here and we do stuff. I've been GMing around here for a long ass time and the playerbase is very unpredictable. For a while, we were down to 30 and everyone thought the place was dead, then it shot up to 60+, then down to 30 again, then up to 200+, then stayed there for a few months and now we're down to 40. I have no way of predicting when it's going to happen, though a huge influence is the other games that are out at the time. I still think that SW:ToR's flop helped with the huge boost we had.

Also, there's a myth about how a relation between how much time GMs spend online and the number of players. If we each spent 12 hours a day working on the shard, there's no guarantee that the playerbase would go up. In fact, we were *much* more active during the time when we spiked to 200 and then it started going down, so maybe staff doing things makes the playerbase go down. *shrug*

Not unpredictable at all... it's obvious that the playerbase shot up because Taran did 2-3 skillgain weekends in a relatively short period of 1-2 months. If he was to do this once a week for a few hours, the playerbase would probably be sustained to some amount. My question is, why wouldnt he try it? The playerbase is shot anyway and there's nothing to lose...treat it as an experiment

Good point..! A week with new events/features plus skillgain could fix this issue...

Avatar_ Wrote:Good point..! A week with new events/features plus skillgain could fix this issue...

agreed