Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Epic

Maybe. Just maybe I'm looking for something, something that today does not exist. I'm 25 years old and for too long have longed for a game that can not be. I once heard a story of a man in a virtual world who held a bridge. This was not his bridge. It wasn't even anyone's to claim, but claim it he did. For hours he waited and his patients paid off. He stood an the end of the bridge and declared it his. "Who are you to bar me passage?" asked a patron of the game. "I am he who owns this bridge!" replied the holder. Affronted the patron tried to pass this bridge. You can guess the outcome. I know this player them continued to control this bridge for over a week. Never allowing anyone to pass.

This freedom is what I look for in games today! I thought I had found it in Wurm-Online. Yet my village mates abandoned our settlement 6 months ago. I had bought and paid for land that now seems useless. Ever impossible to defend with non-dedicated players. I had scoured the web after that long blog post 5 years ago to find a game I truly wished to play... UO shards 5 years ago did not have want! They all seems to recreate the existing game but for free. Wurm gave me and option. That ended and now I am looking to the future.

Here is what I ask. Your Video gave me the impression of a world changed by its player base. That has a community that loves there game but is accepting of outsiders.

What I would like to ask is... Can I join your ranks? Teach me about the game that has more history than most nations! Tell me about the beginning of the genre and show me how today it can still be a figure that we look too.

Show me what this shard has to offer!

Yours Graciously.

Carin Day.

I will admit this, the server is dying... but if we get more people like you we will grow again, but we will need more of you. You can be the start of it. We had 200 + people playing before, now we are down to 65? 47 some days. So yes, we will help out, Kole is my ingame name. Any help.. ask here and we will try to help you the best we can.

kyleus3 Wrote:I will admit this, the server is dying... but if we get more people like you we will grow again, but we will need more of you. You can be the start of it. We had 200 + people playing before, now we are down to 65? 47 some days. So yes, we will help out, Kole is my ingame name. Any help.. ask here and we will try to help you the best we can.

and you've just scared off another potential player. Congrats.

lmao

I believe there was only fifteen online when i started, so its not dying. Everyone really needs to stop saying that. Would you buy a car if the whole time the salesman was telling you it might not make it home?!

hah well yes when i started there was only 10 or so people.. it got up to 200 and things were 10x more fun. I wasnt trying to scare him out, what i was trying to tell him is STICK around and it will be the funest server around again as I believe it was. I am still here

I just camped a bridge in Tera not too long ago. Just saying.