Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for sparring partner

I have a house, as a safe place for us to spar.. I would like to raise all my combat skills. Anyone interested? Those sparring dummies only let you raise your skill to a certain point, right? I'm basing my assumptions off how it worked on IN1.

Start in Britain at the bank, take the path out of town past the vendor mall and on your right-hand side there's a small stone guard shack. Go inside and upstairs and speak the word "Portal." You'll be taken to the mercenary camp where you can train on a NPC sparring partner. You will be able to train all combat skills to GM at the camp.

Edit to add: Perfect example of why THIS should be implemented.

Cool thanks... My next question then.. Is it legal to AFK spar there? Am I at risk of being EQ'd or EV'd?

Dark Link Wrote:Cool thanks... My next question then.. Is it legal to AFK spar there? Am I at risk of being EQ'd or EV'd?
forgive me if I didn't show you this area thought i did. I believe evs and eqs can be casted but! your in a guarded area, and yes its legal to afk spar in there. Its legal to afk any skill other than gaining resources afk. Example Mining for ore afk, < Not allowed.

You may AFK macro anywhere you like. You're not allowed to gather resources AFK, though.

The mercenary camp is guarded. Most of the heavy hitting spells are disabled in that region. You should be okay. The only issue you might face is thievery, but even that shouldn't be much of an issue.

I suggest you use Razor for sparring. Use the IN Patcher to download the sample razor macros. There's a macro for training combat skills. All you have to do is change a few targets and you're good to go. If you go to the eastern part of the camp you'll find a vendor who sells practice weapons.

On the old servers.. and many other servers.. AFK macroing in a guarded area was illegal. That's why I asked. But now that I started with 90 magery..and can spar easily in a guarded area.. This is almost too easy.

Thanks for your help. Those practice weapons look like normal weapons.. the npc claims they raise skills faster.. I don't believe it. Are Elven bows 1k gold like they used to be? I need to pick some up for monsters.

I'm pretty good with razor scripts. I will still check out the sample ones for inspiration.