Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Starting Point For New Players/Characters and more...

Hello, like to first say thanks appreicate all that the Staff has done to make this shard a nice place to play.
The last few days i have helped queit a few new players, and have noticed some things that should stick out that are not.
Especially with Taran, able to get the Sponsor on the top 200, we have had a lot of new players, but just come and go.
Suggestion- When new players, or characters are made they shouldnt start off at a bank.
They should start off in a customize area or in a place explaining some good points about IN, and the skill stone should be right infront of them, a few young people said Wheres my skill balls, and a couple never even got their 4 skill bonuses because they didnt know of it until i said something. One even played for a week...
Also there should be explanation about the quest at the brit mage, and if the skill balls are no longer givin then they need to take it off the site/tips for the players.
And training skill on "Jack" Or "Jill" these things need more pointed out how valuble they are!
Also I have been touring the new players, we should get a couple counselors to do stuff like this.. i don't mind doing such a thing.. just that....

I like this idea. Having something like Haven utilized will help out a lot. Show up and have a lot of signs explaining things or have some NPC start talking to you with a list of stuff you should check out. It would be a lot more welcoming than spawning at the bank with Belgar on the roof with the menacing glare.

I'd even welcome a shift from the mercenary camp. It would be nice to get rid of that hole from Mt. Kendall to the camp.

Players would have everything they need in one starter town. When they're ready to progress they could be directed to a portal to Britain. It would be cool to have a lot of short/easy starter quests.

I like the idea of this place appearing more welcoming. As it stands, you're dropped in town, told to pick some skills, and then left to ask in chat what you should do next.

This is an awesome idea...