Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ethereal Mounts

I just realized it gives a use for mounts with 5 tamers as well. Tongue

Eru Wrote:I didn't think of this, but on a second thought, it may actually *improve* the stang economy if done right.

What if we had Ethereals that were just a plain, ugly horse. Now, when you dclick an ethereal, you have to target yourself to get on it.

What if we made it so that if you target a shrunken mustang instead, the ethereal horse absorbs that horse's soul/essence/color, etc. That way, the ethereal takes on that new color for a set amount of time. I'm thinkin 1 to 2 weeks of real time.

I think that if people could pay 10K for a mustang, then apply it to their ethereal mount to have a guaranteed colored mount for 2 weeks, people might be *more* inclined to pay for stangs.

Food for though. Tongue

I love the sound of this idea.

Will the ethereals return to their original "plain" colour after the time period of the absorbed mount has run out? or will you need to buy a new ethereal each time?

Ayleth Payne Wrote:I love the sound of this idea.

Will the ethereals return to their original "plain" colour after the time period of the absorbed mount has run out? or will you need to buy a new ethereal each time?

I think that if you can buy an ethereal mount for real money, it will be forever, and only the colour will decay...

There would be no difference between ethereals bought with in-game money or real money, going back to the "no advantage from donating" rule.

They may even be added as a nickel reward, though for something as cool as ethereal mounts, I'd rather make a quest for it.

If it's made into a quest would it be possible to add some karma/fame requirements in order to receive a mount? For instance, at the end of the quest you're asked to take one of two paths. If you take the left path you must be Dread Lord/Lady and if you take the right path you must be Glorious Lord/Lady. At the end of the righteous path you'll be given the option to take home a unicorn and at the end of the other path you'll be given the option to take home a (insert whatever mount you feel is the most sinister).

I'm guessing if this were to come to fruition there would be a limit on the number of ethereal mounts a person can own. It would be nice to not have the same few people farming the quest and selling off the mounts. It would feel less like something earned and more like something you can just toss some gold at in order to obtain.

Ethereal horses are good when they are transparant. Nothing special about it but ppl can see ur mounting an ethy Smile

Assorted mounts for sale! Bandits shop next to Brit butcher!

Cossi Wrote:I think that if you can buy an ethereal mount for real money, it will be forever, and only the colour will decay...

tumb up for that.

still say like i always say if u pay rl cash then u gotta get a little advantage xD

Too bad, imo it was a good idea..

BenSa Wrote:if u pay rl cash then u gotta get a little advantage xD
By paying real money, you get the advantage of having a shortcut to some decorative items that other people would need to participate in events for. When we originally planned it, we wanted everything to be available to everyone somehow or other.

The idea behind nickels was that it encourages people to contribute to the shard, either through money, or by showing up for events to make sure that they're nice and lively. That's why you can only get them from events or as rewards for certain things. Exchanging contribution to the shard in some form for reward.

Also, the main reason paying real money will never get you an advantage over normal players is that we already get called corrupt enough while being as straight as an arrow. If we started giving out special favors to people who donate, then we give off the impression of being a 'money trap.' We're in this for the fun, not the money, so that's a stereotype I want to avoid.

Eru Wrote:By paying real money, you get the advantage of having a shortcut to some decorative items that other people would need to participate in events for. When we originally planned it, we wanted everything to be available to everyone somehow or other.

The idea behind nickels was that it encourages people to contribute to the shard, either through money, or by showing up for events to make sure that they're nice and lively. That's why you can only get them from events or as rewards for certain things. Exchanging contribution to the shard in some form for reward.

Also, the main reason paying real money will never get you an advantage over normal players is that we already get called corrupt enough while being as straight as an arrow. If we started giving out special favors to people who donate, then we give off the impression of being a 'money trap.' We're in this for the fun, not the money, so that's a stereotype I want to avoid.

well this is the first shard i se do like this :=)
But atleast use the donation to put us on top 200 site at the top xD or something .

BenSa Wrote:well this is the first shard i se do like this :=)
But atleast use the donation to put us on top 200 site at the top xD or something .

You need to vote more often and you'd see, we already have the sponsor spot on top 200....