Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TERA - Pretty awesome.

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well, it's been a while since I have poked my head into the IN forums. I just wanted to extend an invitation to all the IN'ers who might be looking for a new MMO. I am trying out a new MMO called TERA Online. It is an action combat MMO... "Experience an Action MMO beyond 'point and click' where skill, position, timing, and aim determine success in combat." It is a triple-A rated game in Korea that was revamped for the Western market.

http://tera.enmasse.com

I watched a lot of videos, read reviews, and got sucked into all the hype. I had pretty high expectations for the game. After playing for a week or so now I can say that this game is pretty fun. What I like about it, and what I think most of you who are UO fans will like about it, is that it is a free for all game. Meaning, it is not faction based. On a PvP server, you can kill anyone at anytime outside of major cities. Also, they have embrased the "Red" (outlaws is what they call it) concept, where you can choose to be red to other players... with the ability to attack or be attacked anywhere. The other cool thing that makes this game stand out is the combat system. It is a lot of fun and seperates the good players from the noobs. You cant just lock onto a player or mob like WoW, you have to aim your shots, dodge attacks, roll out of the way, etc. Healers have to aim their heals too, you cant just stand on the side and mash keys.

redruM - I don't know how to contact you anymore since I am not on ICQ anymore. But if you read this, message me on here or facebook. I already KNOW you, Vae, and company will like this game Smile

To everyone else, I welcome you to come join us. Nasir just joined Xander and I and I would like to see more INers running around. We are playing on the server Basilisk Crag. My character names are: Karnidge, Black.Krow, Massaker.

Remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight... it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Coldrake/KM

May I direct your eyes to this post regarding TERA Online Big Grin :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/21240100...174290185/

My names are:
Derpita - Sorcerer
Ceiling.Cat - Archer
Interne.Tathlete - Slayer

Yea... I'm playing with KM on Basilisk Crag server. Gameplay is outstanding, really love the true action combat.

Characters:
Bauls - Mystic
Keesh - Slayer

I could try to explain True Action Combat, but it's really something that has to be experienced. Changes how you play an MMO.

ya i checked this out but its an Asian game and i didnt wanna touch it cause im sure its still a grind fest ;/...

So far I don't feel like I'm grinding too hard. Less than WoW, at least. Maybe end game is grinding for leet itens? But any MMO is going to be like that now ;\

My initial impression of PvP is that it's quite a bit less based on itens from grinding instances than WoW and actual thinking/trickery/tactics are involved. Then again I'm only level 22.

I think there's a stronger emphasis on Guild vs Guild PvP and their notoriety system than grinding quests. But maybe not. Again, I'm only 22 ;\

humm feel like im saving that money for diablo 3 Tongue

There's plenty of Tera circle-jerking here also: http://www.reddit.com/r/teraonline

I think what's amusing is watching people in area chat (barrens ;\ ) gawking over how much of a disappointment SW:TOR was, how that hurt their faith in new MMOs, and how TERA is surprisingly fun.

I was very disappointed with SWTOR. They did some things very well, but in the end I just wasn't excited to play. The loading screens made me want to hurt someone. Loading.... Loading.... Loading....

TERA continues to keep me interested. In fact, I haven't been this excited to login to an MMO on a regular basis for years. Oh, it's true!