Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kicking People out of House

I am not sure because I have not tried it or had the opportunity to try it... but is there a way to kick people out of your house or ban them? I remember this was feature back in the day... it was like I wish to kick thee or something and i wish to ban thee. Any chance we can get this back in?

Check the house sign if you're owner. I don't remember about kick, but Shadow banned me from his shop just under buymore for killing him in there back in the day. And even though he banned me when I was on Vys it works on whole account of mine, as I cannot enter there with any other chars. Imo should work only on character ;p

p.s. I think it also is possible only in public houses, which is cool. Imagine someoen house looting you and you kick him out rather than defending yourself legit way.
Brings up another issue, as theres tons of possibilities to abuse it right now. Imho, you shouldn't be able to lock down things that you can't walk through(hedges,chests,boxes,etc) at the public house. Because of obvious reasons ;p

What you mean you shouldn't beable to lock down stuff you cant walk through? why not?

kyleus3 Wrote:What you mean you shouldn't beable to lock down stuff you cant walk through? why not?

Because keep house public and you will be able to lock down chests at the entrance and set anyone you don't like banned from house. Thats being said, guild containers/doors also shouldn't be at any of public houses...

ahh yeah i see what you are saying... but even if you want it public.. and you let someone in... but then they start stealing crap from you house.. what is the command to kick them out? or is there one?

It's supposed to be "I ban thee" but it doesn't works.. Any GM can clarify this? I asked on the world chat but someone said "I think you have to kill them in this server because they want it to be more "real" " something among those lines Tongue

ahh ehh :/

I've also been told it doesn't work. Be really careful about your door, I always do a stealth check first before entering. If someone gets in you can't get them out, unless you kill them.

If the house is set to public you cant ban people.
If its private you can ban people.

And i believe "banning" kicks them out (of statics), they can always run back in, but ill double check.
I think with the custom house plots its different. Again will do some testing and get back to you.

Bruce Wrote:If the house is set to public you cant ban people.
If its private you can ban people.

And i believe "banning" kicks them out (of statics), they can always run back in, but ill double check.
I think with the custom house plots its different. Again will do some testing and get back to you.

I tested in my private home with my brothers, it didn't kick them out. I tried:

"Remove thyself" which would actually kick the player out of the house, didn't work <- this would just kick you, not ban
"I ban thee" didn't work either.

Maybe because they're set to co-owners it overrides the command, when I get home I'll remove their co-owner status and try again.

I think it's possible, but you need to use the house sign instead. Tongue I think you can probably make a razor macro to dclick the house sign, select Security, and ban player. (or whatever it is.)