Poll: Would you like to see some more Forum/Chat Moderating? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, On both world chat and foums
63.64%
63.64%
Yes, But only on world chat
18.18%
18.18%
Yes, But only on the forums
0%
0%
No!, this b**ch be crazy! Leave it as it is.
18.18%
18.18%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Would you like to see some more Moderating?

The world chat is only used for flamewars and dragon smither to advertise anyways.

Felonious Wrote:Why did you have to start with me?

*A tear slowly rolls down Felonious's cheek*

Naw who am I kidding, I probably deserve it.

[Image: i_hug_that_feel.png?1318992465]

Also, there's a "Report Post" button below a user's name that looks like this: [Image: report-40b-hover.png]

Don't go too crazy reporting posts, but it's useful if anyone sees something that shouldn't be there in longer threads that are TL;DR to most people.

Awesome, thanks Eru Big Grin

Eru Wrote:You asked for it, you got it! I'm going to start being Edward Scissorhands with threads. I will purge the taint of negativity, flaming, accusations and complaining for the sake of complaining from the forums.

[Image: jAk6o.jpg]

Huzzah!

Ayleth Payne Wrote:Look I know staff are busy with real life stuff and the various projects they are working on for the shard but it really would be nice to see some more moderating going on on the forums and world chat. If all staff had some form of access to do this (or in the case of forums, they don't even need to be staff, just a trusted member) then it wouldn't be too hard to cover all times slots without creating serious amounts of work for one (or a small few) person.

There seems to be way to much arguing, negativity, raging etc.. going on and nothing gets done even though there are rules in place. It can't be good for attracting new people seeing such things.

to put it simply..

In the forums and word chat there is far too much..

- Flame wars
- Abusing people who disagree with you
- Arguing
- Too many threads on the same negative topic (these could be merged and/or deleted)
- General negativity
- Non-English world chat

and it's not just limited to those things, there are probably other things too. I don't know much on how the world chat works but in another thread there was talk about maybe adding in a squelch to it, but if that does happen is it actually going to be used or just go ignored like it is now. It would just be nice if these negative stuff where stopped before they reach the scale that they do and the rules where actually enforced because right now it seems they are just shrugged off and not worried about.

Why do we have rules if they are not enforced... Some simple things like locking or deleting posts on the forums could stop a lot of it, nothing wrong with a little healthy debating but the flat out arguing and flame wars is crazy. Not sure what can be done about chat, unless a squelch feature is in place or can be added (though would require more mods in the IN channel to to stop them just logging in there and continuing).

+1 and Bump. This whole lack of moderation only is enough to make me quit personally , and im not the kind to get offended easily , but when every day the same 3 people bickers on public chat , while GM's are online, and that they do nothing , i just think this is a bit ridiculous to even have such rules to begin with. Then my imagination runs wild and i wonder , if those simple rules arent even enforced , what about more serious rules , like afk gathering ? ( COUGH COUGH AFK MINERS ) This just makes me think that the gms on this shard arent professional at all , or that you guys arent simply enough to cover the whole task. maybe you need more GMs.

All kind of players can be attracted by a shard like imagine nation , and personally with the current population , i think the staff should do everything in their power to make the whole experience fun for everyone ; and for alot of people like me who roleplay a bit , my experience is ruined when i see constant flaming and lack of respect from a few rotten apples.

you can turn the chat offff...geez some of us like to have fun on the chat...we dont tell you how to play your game why tell other people?...and afk mining is impossible...afk check comes up and you cant even move....also RP has nothing to do with public chat...its only ingame

Mael Wrote:you can turn the chat offff...geez some of us like to have fun on the chat...we dont tell you how to play your game why tell other people?...and afk mining is impossible...afk check comes up and you cant even move....also RP has nothing to do with public chat...its only ingame

+10921

Mael Wrote:you can turn the chat offff...geez some of us like to have fun on the chat...we dont tell you how to play your game why tell other people?...and afk mining is impossible...afk check comes up and you cant even move....also RP has nothing to do with public chat...its only ingame

And your point is mael ? You can have fun while respecting the rules too you know. Im not telling you how to play your game either , im just pointing out a server rule that is obviously being broken. I dont mind you having fun at all , but if you have fun at the expense of other players , thats a different story for me.

If you really think that afk mining is impossible , i suggest you to get out of that online chat for a bit and travel Britannia to see for yourself.

Galehaut Wrote:And your point is mael ? You can have fun while respecting the rules too you know. Im not telling you how to play your game either , im just pointing out a server rule that is obviously being broken. I dont mind you having fun at all , but if you have fun at the expense of other players , thats a different story for me.

If you really think that afk mining is impossible , i suggest you to get out of that online chat for a bit and travel Britannia to see for yourself.

how is he having fun at the expenses of other?! he is using the chat to talk to people, maybe talk shit, maybe flame.. but hey, dont like the chat?! is someone pissing you off at the chat?! turn it off! the most effective way of moderation is to ignore someone or turn off the chat!!
And yes, afk mining is impossible!! if the person goes to the game only to validate its presence while surfing the web its not afk since AFK means AWAY FROM KEYBOARD and he isnt away from his keyboard! A different thing is to go sleep then leave your mining macro on u.u

Public chat has gotten a little bit crazy from some of the excerpts that were sent to me.

Lets please remember that public chat *is* public and broadcast to everyone. Try to keep it civil. Conversations are fine, but lets keep racism/argument/accusations out of it.

If GMs are online and see anything suspect, feel free to do a .squelch {minutes} on the person who's causing a ruckus.

I like to remind people that general chat isn't a toilet and they need to keep their crap out of it.