Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Time to show that the server is alive?!?!

Personally I think SVN updates should be posted to the main page. It was done on IN-X and it shows the shard is actively being developed and staffed.

Yea or at least a note like "01.01.2012 - Several SVN changes has been made, Changelog can be found here" and a link, because right now it's rather well hidden on website ;p

Fulmanar Wrote:I'd be interested in it, i'd need a source of news though

The RPA council is working on getting narratives flowing as well as obtaining screenshots of RP, Battles, Motives, etc.
We would hope it to be advertised on the main page, or a link on the main page under a title.

Perhaps we can work something out in the future.

I've been much less active lately because school and work every day is starting to wear me down, especially with finals coming up and also having to study pages upon pages of Linux commands and bash reference materials for my work promotion. >_<

What I've been debating doing though is releasing a weekly or monthly newsletter to the front page to kindof say what we've been working on behind the scenes, sum up some of the forum debates that have been going on, or say what we have planned, etc. Seems like a good idea, plus it would provide updates to the site.

some good ideas in this thread. although the forum itself shows the shard to be very much alive. i've looked at the forums for the other "top" shards on the vote sites and stuff and they look all but completely dead.

the server is alive. UO is an old game so you are going to see dips and rises in a player base. Some players want to check out UO again , play for a little bit then just move on.

but here is something that is not helping at all to keep the player #'s up: All the frickin threads in the forum complaining about the server or the drop in player base!

These are the threads that are currently on the front page of the forum:

-The Reason IN Has 10 Active Players
- Time to show that the server is alive?!?!
- Adios
- Server status?
- See ya!
- Fair Playing & Motivation to Play

this is just the front page. Page 2 has similar threads.

Now, if you are a player looking for a server and see the forum full of this stuff wouldn't you just move along

So everyone...please realize by posting this stuff you are actually damaging the server.

Falstaff Wrote:the server is alive. UO is an old game so you are going to see dips and rises in a player base. Some players want to check out UO again , play for a little bit then just move on.

but here is something that is not helping at all to keep the player #'s up: All the frickin threads in the forum complaining about the server or the drop in player base!

These are the threads that are currently on the front page of the forum:

-The Reason IN Has 10 Active Players
- Time to show that the server is alive?!?!
- Adios
- Server status?
- See ya!
- Fair Playing & Motivation to Play

this is just the front page. Page 2 has similar threads.

Now, if you are a player looking for a server and see the forum full of this stuff wouldn't you just move along

So everyone...please realize by posting this stuff you are actually damaging the server.

that i mean with my post, that i want change on the main page, that realy show that we are doing something . Its not a hard Request to fix.
Thats all i mean with this Thread.

yaay eru. Im right there with you honestly, finals are intruding on my play time =p