Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few pvp event suggestions

Figured it be about time I post this I think a lot of people will agree and appreciate it as well :p

1. Team events such as (CTF,CW) even team ffas reps etc prizes in general should be increased imo I understand PvP events are for fun and aren't for the prizes but as of right now for 30 mins 7k isn't nearly worth the time or experience when you can hunt and make more than that in 5-10 mins :/

My suggestion would be to add variety maybe give nickels instead of gold to give different players a chance to have nickels trade them and purchase things, or even just increase the amount of gold you win and people would be happier and would participate in these events imo.

2. The tour skipping system is a bit flawed which can be fixed I think, you can skip more than once in a tour ofc it affects your total prize in the end but I don't think the same person should be able to skip more than once in a tour and I think others will agree with that, not to mention the way the the prizes are given out don't seem right as well you nearly get the same prize for a 15 player tour vs a 30 player tour.

My suggestion would be to make it so that when you skip in an automated tour even a tour hosted by GM you shouldn't be able to skip again, also give more of a prize to the winner of tours when they win a bigger tour for example a 15 player tour if you win you get 12 nickels and 12k, for a 30 player tour you get 15 nickels and like 15-16k imo you should get more than that depending on the amount of players that joined and the sole fact that it's harder to win than a team event.

That's it for now when I think of more i'll post them as time goes by.

+1

I agree prizes should be higher, but thats a scripting part. I'm not sure if Taran or Echo really have time for that right now. Ideally , regarding to me, prize list would look like:

CTF/CW/1vs1 or 2vs2 Replacement/Team events in general

If participants < 10 then 10k gold to everyone in winning team and no prize to players in losing team
If participants >= 16 then 7 nickels to everyone in winning team and no prize to players in losing team.
If participants >= 24 then 10 nickels to everyone in winning team and 2 nickels to everyone in losing team.

If the amount of joiners exceeds 30 then I think the event operator could hand additional prize himself.

Its my view on prizes and the amounts might seem low for some people, especially compared to hunter-slayer-PvM events but just like Smoke said events aren't about prizes. Plus prize for winning 1vs1 automated regular is like 12-15 nickels most of times, and it's much harder to win it rather than team event.
Now about the auto tournament - there are few things that could be remade. For example the chances to skip a round. To clarify, what I mean is that when theres uneven number of players one has to skip to the next round, as he doesn't get a pair to fight with, and it's 1vs1 tourney after all. Thats a good thing, but once someone skipped he will still have same chances to skip again in next round like the rest of players. I think it would be fair to make it so you don't have chance to skip again until everyone else of remaining players skipped as much rounds as you did, otherwise the random generator that choices who will skip would ignore you.
About prize system I also think the way current algorithm works could be reviewed. Right now it hands prize based on the people you kill, and there are several issues that it brings. First one is that theres only 1 round difference between 32ppl tour and 16ppl tour. So right now it would be only 3 nickel prize difference between prizes for these tours, while chances to win are drastically descreased. 1\32 or 1\16 ? So if the algorithm would hand the prize based on the amount of joiners rather than on kills it would be fairest way to go, imho.

Would be great to see something like this scripted, but since the devs here work for free and have their free time spent on scripting, it's ultimately up on them. Although I'm sure players would appreciate the effort. (Well, some players Wink )

There is an idea that the staff has discussed about adding some variation to these event prizes. Also I will take a look at making the "skipping" seem more fair.

thanks for the replies Smile

I want to stress that PvP events are not designed to be a way to make gold or a "living". PvP events should not and will not be as financially rewarding as PvM. If your goal or key to happiness in UO is simply to make as much gold per minute as possible, then you shouldn't be doing PvP events. The fact that folks (not just the OP here) but people at events in general that I host, keep saying things along the lines of "I could have made 10x the prize's gold in the time it took to be in this event". That is perfectly true and obviously it should be that way. There is 100% no risk involved in cw and ctf. You don't even use your own gear or resources. So why should you get a substantial amount of gold as prize?

I just don't fully understand why people keep comparing gold per minute to prizes.

As echo said though, we have come up with a few ideas on how to make prizes more interesting. So we do see the need for some changes. It's on our radar. Do not, however, expect PvP events to be even nearly close to the financial gains of PvM or PvM events.

Discord Wrote:I want to stress that PvP events are not designed to be a way to make gold or a "living". PvP events should not and will not be as financially rewarding as PvM. If your goal or key to happiness in UO is simply to make as much gold per minute as possible, then you shouldn't be doing PvP events. The fact that folks (not just the OP here) but people at events in general that I host, keep saying things along the lines of "I could have made 10x the prize's gold in the time it took to be in this event". That is perfectly true and obviously it should be that way. There is 100% no risk involved in cw and ctf. You don't even use your own gear or resources. So why should you get a substantial amount of gold as prize?

I just don't fully understand why people keep comparing gold per minute to prizes.

As echo said though, we have come up with a few ideas on how to make prizes more interesting. So we do see the need for some changes. It's on our radar. Do not, however, expect PvP events to be even nearly close to the financial gains of PvM or PvM events.

Yes, it's this way, but... Why ? Why it has to be about fun in PvP events and about gold in PvM events? Isn't it the same - you fight vs eachother or you teamup to kill one mob, it's all for fun?
I respect your opinion, but I however do not agree with it. We , who claim to be a server where PvP plays a big role should make it possible to make a living solely by PvPing. Dueling in arena, PKing, joining tours. To my understanding winning a 32++ people 1vs1 Regular is much harder than killing any of RunUO champions, including harrower himself. Monsters are too predictable, once player killed it - he won't have troubles with it next time. It won't be trouble even before kill for some players, the experienced ones, which can "figure" stuff fast. I won't mention the fact that monsters are designed to be killed in first place. I think that reward, or even "best reward" like you said - shouldn't be something that is handed just for presence, fast looting(auto looting might say) or for EV spamming for last few hours. I think it's something you have to win yourself, and in PvP events you actually compete with equals - with players that want to win as well.
Imho, PvP being the hardest part, not PvM. Thus, to my understanding, it shouldn't be rewarded less than PvM. Especially if we talk of events, like you said.

Theres not just CTF\CW events around. These are PvP , but if we speak of PvP events - I myself think that 1vs1 tourney represents the PvP events better, and its the hardest event to win. There also 1vs1 self-supplied no loot tours. And I myself hope to see 1vs1 full loot tourney once againTongue

P.S.S.
On the topic note : +1 ;p

Gang Wrote:Yes, it's this way, but... Why ? Why it has to be about fun in PvP events and about gold in PvM events? Isn't it the same - you fight vs eachother or you teamup to kill one mob, it's all for fun?
I respect your opinion, but I however do not agree with it. We , who claim to be a server where PvP plays a big role should make it possible to make a living solely by PvPing. Dueling in arena, PKing, joining tours. To my understanding winning a 32++ people 1vs1 Regular is much harder than killing any of RunUO champions, including harrower himself. Monsters are too predictable, once player killed it - he won't have troubles with it next time. It won't be trouble even before kill for some players, the experienced ones, which can "figure" stuff fast. I won't mention the fact that monsters are designed to be killed in first place. I think that reward, or even "best reward" like you said - shouldn't be something that is handed just for presence, fast looting(auto looting might say) or for EV spamming for last few hours. I think it's something you have to win yourself, and in PvP events you actually compete with equals - with players that want to win as well.
Imho, PvP being the hardest part, not PvM. Thus, to my understanding, it shouldn't be rewarded less than PvM. Especially if we talk of events, like you said.

Theres not just CTF\CW events around. These are PvP , but if we speak of PvP events - I myself think that 1vs1 tourney represents the PvP events better, and its the hardest event to win. There also 1vs1 self-supplied no loot tours. And I myself hope to see 1vs1 full loot tourney once againTongue

P.S.S.
On the topic note : +1 ;p

Well said I would just like to add a little also, I understand where you are coming from discord although this pvp rely's on resources greatly so you need to be fairly well of the PvP here. I don't think increasing the prizes will hurt too much it's pretty easy to hunt as it is, I'm not suggestion to increase it by 3x the amount of course just enough to satisfy players ofc or give a variety of new different prizes for everyone like i suggested nickels maybe instead :p? But by all means I do agree people should try and join these events to take advantage of the free supplies and this is probably where they can best learn the pvp for free and have fun at the same time.

-1 in here 10k gold it enough.

PvM events, where you cast EV and BS are much more difficult and we should get many tokens in there.