Poll: New RP Coordinator/Attentive RP Action? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
75.00%
No, I'm one of the idiots.
25.00%
25.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who wants to see RP and the Rules of RP Enforced?

Loki Wrote:Just quick reply about the Trammel issue: Even as an RPer, would you want to separate yourself into a world of safety? Either way, if we made two facets we would be splitting up the playerbase and I fear this would have negative repercussions for how many people you see around or get to interact with.

I didn't say you must make it all safe. I don't see any interest in being completely safe. And splitting of the database is not good either, to my mind. But we're losing people anyway...

Elia Wrote:I didn't say you must make it all safe. I don't see any interest in being completely safe. And splitting of the database is not good either, to my mind. But we're losing people anyway...

There is a proposal in the RP forums called the RPA (Role Play Association).
It was initially started by John Falstaff, but many who are RP oriented are backing the idea in hopes to see it implemented.

Give it a look yourself, and see what you think.
It really is a great idea.

I saw it. No comments right now, because it's all about guilds. All you need is suggesting reasonable points why the splitting into two worlds is necessary, and then create a poll to see if the shard supports you.

Elia Wrote:I saw it. No comments right now, because it's all about guilds. All you need is suggesting reasonable points why the splitting into two worlds is necessary, and then create a poll to see if the shard supports you.

I do not think you understood what Falstaff has proposed in terms the RPA (Role Play Association).
Please read it again, as it has nothing to do with a splitting into two worlds.

Regards.

Darken Rahl Wrote:I do not think you understood what Falstaff has proposed in terms the RPA (Role Play Association).
Please read it again, as it has nothing to do with a splitting into two worlds.

Regards.

I said that if you'd like to implement my idea, you should do this. It has nothing to do with John's ideas.
I won't comment Falstaff's ideas right now. Wait a bit.

Elia Wrote:I said that if you'd like to implement my idea, you should do this. It has nothing to do with John's ideas.
I won't comment Falstaff's ideas right now. Wait a bit.

Mmmmmmmkay.

Loki Wrote:Just quick reply about the Trammel issue: Even as an RPer, would you want to separate yourself into a world of safety? Either way, if we made two facets we would be splitting up the playerbase and I fear this would have negative repercussions for how many people you see around or get to interact with.

Darken Rahl Wrote:I totally agree with this. 100%

I was agreeing with Loki, not you.

the staff has a lot to do and we can't ask them to monitor RP player behavior when they are busy running the shard.

this is something the RP community can do to police themselves.

First off though I'd like to say that RP is not about any items you have. With Vanguard I have told our guys and gals that we will not be requesting any RP items. We are an RP guild yes, but that doesn't mean we deserve any RP items. Now, some guilds do use the RP items as part of their RP and RP very well with them. Vampire and Dragon-Kin come to mind. But like others have witnessed there are some players that pretend to be RPers just to get these items. I don't think writing a story should get you anything. You should have to make the case that your guild needs these items because they are integral to your RP.

That is why we created the RPA. We can monitor ourselves. The staff have other things to do and can't be watching whether or not certain players are staying in character. If an RP guild that is part of the RPA and has received RP items is not RPing then we as players can deal with it. The RPA would have to be a liaison to the GM-RP coordinator in these matters. Right now we have set up a board within the RPA to discuss such matters. Currently myself, Locke Cole, and Darken Rahl are on it. We could use one more person on it so if you are interested PM me.

here is what our agenda is with the Role Players Association:

- create 2 player run RP cities. One for chaos which we are calling vice and one for order which we are calling virtue. The virtue city has already been selected as Trinsic.

- create a governing body for the RP community. Like i explained above this would include self-monitoring ourselves, reporting to the board RPers that are violating the RP rules etc.

- faction wars between Vice and Virtue with Rules of Engagement and Code of Conduct. We want fun battles, politics, espionage, and all the other good stuff that comes RP conflict. But we don't want griefers or members that are out to ruin the RP of others.

it's a work in progress and we have 6 RP guilds signed up so far.

Falstaff Wrote:the staff has a lot to do and we can't ask them to monitor RP player behavior when they are busy running the shard.

this is something the RP community can do to police themselves.

First off though I'd like to say that RP is not about any items you have. With Vanguard I have told our guys and gals that we will not be requesting any RP items. We are an RP guild yes, but that doesn't mean we deserve any RP items. Now, some guilds do use the RP items as part of their RP and RP very well with them. Vampire and Dragon-Kin come to mind. But like others have witnessed there are some players that pretend to be RPers just to get these items. I don't think writing a story should get you anything. You should have to make the case that your guild needs these items because they are integral to your RP.

That is why we created the RPA. We can monitor ourselves. The staff have other things to do and can't be watching whether or not certain players are staying in character. If an RP guild that is part of the RPA and has received RP items is not RPing then we as players can deal with it. The RPA would have to be a liaison to the GM-RP coordinator in these matters. Right now we have set up a board within the RPA to discuss such matters. Currently myself, Locke Cole, and Darken Rahl are on it. We could use one more person on it so if you are interested PM me.

here is what our agenda is with the Role Players Association:

- create 2 player run RP cities. One for chaos which we are calling vice and one for order which we are calling virtue. The virtue city has already been selected as Trinsic.

- create a governing body for the RP community. Like i explained above this would include self-monitoring ourselves, reporting to the board RPers that are violating the RP rules etc.

- faction wars between Vice and Virtue with Rules of Engagement and Code of Conduct. We want fun battles, politics, espionage, and all the other good stuff that comes RP conflict. But we don't want griefers or members that are out to ruin the RP of others.

it's a work in progress and we have 6 RP guilds signed up so far.

This is exactly what we have hopes for, and the reason for this poll in the first place.

If we could get a new RP Coordinator who backs the RPA as well as several other staff members, we could begin handling most if not all aspects of RP as Falstaff has mentioned by having an RPA board or council.

All we need is some backing on this and the new RP world could be underway, and also very rewarding in the future.

If interested in the RPA, please see : http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8...P-Proposal

and bring us some feedback!

We have slowly been drawing the support we need, but there can never be too much.

Regards.